Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Firefighters killed as Tehran tower collapses

Still Waters

Many firefighters are feared dead after a landmark high-rise building in Iran's capital, Tehran, caught fire and collapsed, state media report.

Two hundred had battled the blaze in the 17-storey Plasco building for several hours before it fell to the ground in a matter of seconds.

More than 200 people were also reportedly injured in the incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38675628

• Like 2

Firefighting is a TOUGH way to earn a living.  I hope they can find and save those who were trapped in the rubble.  How awful.  

• Like 3

Aw, geez, that sucks.  My sympathies to their families, and I salute that kind of bravery.  As and then said, firefighting is tough and those that do it have my respect.

• Like 4

I have a lot of respect for any person that will run into a burning building while others are running out.

• Like 3

Iran killed the man who built the building , a successful jewish businessman whom the Islamic revolution considered an Israeli Spy.. for doing business in Israel. Maybe if these builds were kept better, their safety regulations for implemented this would not occur. This seems to be a slap in the face by nature to Iran for the murder of the man who built this place.

Edited by AdealJustice