Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkey eating tribe have deformed feet

seeder

Life among the monkey hunters: The Amazon tribe that has evolved flat feet after years of catching primates to eat by climbing trees and shooting them with blowpipes

The Huaorani tribe - there are only 4,000 of them - live a simple life in the rainforests of eastern Ecuador
     They live off the land, shooting blowpipes to kill monkeys, which they then skin and roast over open fires
     They also eat peccary pigs and toucans as well as plants and herbs which they have foraged in the forests
     Their lifestyle has led to their feet evolving - most have very flat feet, which help them to climb the trees
     In 1990 the Ecuadorean government set up the Waorani Ethnic Reserve to protect the forest they live in
     Photographer Pete Oxford said: 'One of my greatest joys is spending time with people unlike myself'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4135698/The-Amazon-tribe-kills-eats-monkeys.html#ixzz4WIkfcsvM

• Like 4

Huaorani Indians splayed feet

Huaorani Indian with splayed feet. Several of the Huaorani have these feet problems and there are some with 6 toes on each foot.
Bameno Community. Yasuni National Park.
Amazon rainforest, ECUADOR. South America
This Indian tribe were basically uncontacted until 1956 when missionaries from the Summer Institute of Linguistics made contact with them. However there are still some groups from the tribe that remain uncontacted. They are known as the Tagaeri & Taromenane. Traditionally these Indians were very hostile and killed many people who tried to enter into their territory. Their territory is in the Yasuni National Park which is now also being exploited for oil.

Taken from
http://peteoxford.photoshelter.com/image/I0000ic1H.xRiUE8

• Like 1