Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police tazer their own race relations worker

seeder

OOPS!   How bizarre...and I think the vid clearly shows totally unnecessary use of force/tazer

Police Taser their own black race relations adviser after mistaking him for wanted man

Police officers fired an electric stun gun in their own black Race Relations Advisor's face after mistaking him for a wanted man, it emerged on Friday.

A passerby filmed the officers confronting 63-year-old Judah Adunbi - who works to smooth relations between police and the black community - and ask for his name.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/20/police-admit-tasering-ownblack-race-relations-advisorafter-mistaking/

LOL. I guess that verifies the need for a race relations worker. 

• Like 6

I think the tazering was a bit "quick" but he did start it, for a race relations officer he should know the "crack"  no matter what colour you are, he could have been a bit more forthcoming, why did he not want to give his name? I must say, if this is what the race relation officers are like here.....we have problems. All he needed to do was show his id, like car drivers do. He was very hostile.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I think the tazering was a bit "quick" but he did start it, for a race relations officer he should know the "crack"  no matter what colour you are, he could have been a bit more forthcoming, why did he not want to give his name? I must say, if this is what the race relation officers are like here.....we have problems. All he needed to do was show his id, like car drivers do. He was very hostile.

Agreed. For a 'relations' officer, his communications skills in this particular situation were extremely poor. All he had to do was be civil and give his name instead of acting defensively and it would have gone a very different way.

• Like 7

Yeah, I think this one was a mess up on both sides. Everyone needs to learn from this...1) Speak up, identify yourself 2) Wait before using a tazer.

• Like 5

while I dont claim to know that much about UK law, Id have thought a tazer was only used in cases where extreme violence is displayed, or the criminal has a weapon of his own........ there were TWO cops, both would have had batons and tear gas.... both could have at least tried to lay hands on him....two against one is nearly always good odds

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, seeder said:

while I dont claim to know that much about UK law, Id have thought a tazer was only used in cases where extreme violence is displayed, or the criminal has a weapon of his own........ there were TWO cops, both would have had batons and tear gas.... both could have at least tried to lay hands on him....two against one is nearly always good odds

I don't 'think' there is a certain set criteria as such and I imagine they have to use their own judgement and initiative with each and every situation they face, as with many other things.

It explains a little here though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34516021/when-can-the-police-use-a-taser

And a little more info here: http://content.met.police.uk/Site/taser

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seeder said:

Depends - police here have tasered black people for virtually nothing, locked them in the back of a police van and then tear gassed them . 

If it isnt a gun, it seems they can use whatever they like,   for 'fun' , to get 'even' or if they just dont like you ..... if you black.  

Both side acted unprofessional. The cops were too quick on the draw and the race worker acted somewhat arrogant about the situation.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, freetoroam said:

totally agree, If he's a race relations representative, then they need to find someone better. I think they are over stating his role for effect. 

On 1/20/2017 at 3:28 PM, seeder said:

The UK Police force over the last 20 years as gone down the (pan) route of recruiting social workers. Where once they recruited mainly ex-army, service types .. people who can handle themselves in a situation, now they focus on recruiting ex-teachers, civil servants IE: dole staff etc.... people who when confronted by the smallest of hostility go weak at the knees, and with knees trembling, and filling their pants like a new born they pull the pepper spray or in this case the taser. - case proven in the video, i mean look at their performance by the alley gate, the pair of them are frightened to get a grip of the fella and the police woman poos her knickers and deploys the taser, and thinks shes in police training school taser, taser, taser you've been tasered. no **** sherlock. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, back to earth said:

Depends - police here have tasered black people for virtually nothing, locked them in the back of a police van and then tear gassed them . 

If it isnt a gun, it seems they can use whatever they like,   for 'fun' , to get 'even' or if they just dont like you ..... if you black.  

or if you white too.

it seems innocent white guys also get tazered by  the police, :

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/police-beat-tasered-innocent-deaf-man/

Personally in this instant I think the police officer was too quick on the draw.

I may get a few kick backs here, but hey! I think the woman officer got scared in a situation which could have escalate, and I do think with the  attitude of this dude - it was going that way.  If it had been 2 male officers, then he may not have been tazered as they hopefully would have been able to restrain him with out the need of a tazer. ......the same could be said about the police in the USA, but they have guns over there, here we do not and I do not believe the female officer tazered him because she thought he was armed, she did it because she knew she would not be able to restrain him and as stevewinn  gently put it " the police woman poos her knickers". 

But let me make it clear, this guy was a complete knob and as it seems clear he was not going to comply, then he should have been thrown in the back of the van and carted off to the cells - before being sacked as a "race relations" man...which I do am dubious about. I can not see how he could be employed by the police with that attitude......

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

In all the years I worked as a doorman/security, I NEVER had the CHOICE about how to throw someone out....I just had to get on with it, big guys or small.....kicking off with violence or just mouthy....I had to deal with it....but usually I had other security staff around me too

And we never had ANY tazer, teargas or baton....but still the job got done.... big or small....if they were a problem, they were out...whether they walked out or had to get  dragged out, I/we always sorted it. And no that doesnt mean making the situation worse by thumping someone....often we'd get a guy out simply by two of us....taking control of the arms of the person leaving.....locking the elbows etc, and marching them out.....very similar to what cops often do....when they do it that is

• Like 1

lol, the idiot brought it upon himself. he is the only one to blame.  

On 1/20/2017 at 9:28 AM, ChaosRose said:

LOL. I guess that verifies the need for a race relations worker. 

watch the video, he is only one to blame, and if that is how he does his job, he needs to be fired, he is extremely counter productive. he was uncooperative, and hostile. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

"Yes officer, my name is Judah Jadumbi,"

"Mind if I see some id please sir?"

"Of course officer, here you go."

"Thank you very much sir, have a nice day."

"Same to you officers."

PROBLEM AVERTED!

• Like 5

Even if the police are violating your rights you must cooperate with them or this is what will happen.  If the gentleman had stated his name, shown his ID and told them he is a race relations worker with the police department then this would have ended with a handshake.  You do not yell at the police and try to walk away while they are investigating you.

17 hours ago, OverSword said:

Even if the police are violating your rights you must cooperate with them or this is what will happen.  If the gentleman had stated his name, shown his ID and told them he is a race relations worker with the police department then this would have ended with a handshake.  You do not yell at the police and try to walk away while they are investigating you.

roof1.png

I've seen a lot of Dylann Roof "memes" on Facebook that are meant to imply that black people are arrested in a much more violent fashion than white people.

What I never see is an accompanying comment about the difference between "resisting arrest" and "coming quietly". It's a big, fat point that is conveniently overlooked.