Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neanderthals in a boat?

Unusual Tournament

Warning: As we have swerved into/onto the topic of Australia - If anyone brings up Rex Gilroy I will respond by a giving you a severe mocking and screaming.

Oh thats right !  Launch a  preemptive attack on the only one that has found evidence of ancient Australian Hominids !

And if we' are gonna claim human life - and culture -   started here and spread out to the rest of the world ..... 'we' are going to need those hominid ( or maybe even neanderthal ? )     fossil skulls 

Image result for Rex Gilroy with hominid skull fossil

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

T\

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

Oh thats right !  Launch a  preemptive attack on the only one that has found evidence of ancient Australian Hominids !

And if we' are gonna claim human life - and culture -   started here and spread out to the rest of the world ..... 'we' are going to need those hominid ( or maybe even neanderthal ? )     fossil skulls 

Image result for Rex Gilroy with hominid skull fossil

The rock looks real, but the face next to it is obviously phony.

• Like 3

On 21/01/2017 at 5:32 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Why does such a distinctive style only occur there and no where else? No, my money is on the Neanderthals.

A lot of that art looks very much like Australian aboriginal art of similar vintage.  

23 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Thats a good Aussie face, mate .   

B)

Too good.;)

9 minutes ago, The Butler said:

A lot of that art looks very much like Australian aboriginal art of similar vintage.  

To me Australian aboriginal art bears a striking resemblance to that the American southwest and Mexico.     sego-canyon-indian-petroglyphs-and-picto

Hand stencils in red ochre are very common all over Australia, but not too easy to find images of online. They are found across the globe.

Aboriginal-Rock-Art-and-Symbols.jpg

The dot paintings are also common to the aboriginal style. This is a good source for lots of aboriginal modern art, with some interpretation by artists.  

https://www.aboriginal-art-australia.com/aboriginal-art-library/the-story-of-aboriginal-art/

Some from Argentina.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/south_america/cueva_dpe_los_manos/index.php

In Indonesia, they may represent written language .....?

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v514/n7521/abs/nature13422.html

http://www.human-resonance.org/tewet.html

All very similar to El Castillo.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

To me Australian aboriginal art bears a striking resemblance to that the American southwest and Mexico.     

I see similarities in all the ancient cave art. Maybe the Neanderthal taught us before the migrations?  

The hand stencils are found across Saharan Africa too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, back to earth said:

Consider yourself severely mocked and derided THEN! Next time I shall not only mock you but I'll show you samples of Harte's erotic poetry.

Oh yes and the obligatory screaming....GOOD GOD NOT REX, OMG, MY BRAIN IS TEARING.........

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Consider yourself severely mocked and derided THEN! Next time I shall not only mock you but I'll show you samples of Harte's erotic poetry.

"There once was a fellow named Dave..."

Harte

3 hours ago, The Butler said:

I see similarities in all the ancient cave art. Maybe the Neanderthal taught us before the migrations?  

The hand stencils are found across Saharan Africa too.

I see all sorts of similarities between all types of man. I'm always puzzled as to why some people have this desperate need to have Neanderthals be inferior us. Technologically, they were probably more advanced than some extant hunter gatherers.

3 hours ago, The Butler said:

Hand stencils in red ochre are very common all over Australia, but not too easy to find images of online. They are found across the globe.

Aboriginal-Rock-Art-and-Symbols.jpg

The dot paintings are also common to the aboriginal style. This is a good source for lots of aboriginal modern art, with some interpretation by artists.  

https://www.aboriginal-art-australia.com/aboriginal-art-library/the-story-of-aboriginal-art/

Some from Argentina.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/south_america/cueva_dpe_los_manos/index.php

In Indonesia, they may represent written language .....?

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v514/n7521/abs/nature13422.html

http://www.human-resonance.org/tewet.html

All very similar to El Castillo.  

Hand stencils or prints are everywhere in the Americas as well.  Red ochre seems ubiquitous as a sacred color the world over.

JEAL0969-Ancient-Hands-Stencil-Paintings

3-ancient-pueblo-anasazi-rock-art-ira-bl  

10 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Oh yes and the obligatory screaming....GOOD GOD NOT REX, OMG, MY BRAIN IS TEARING.........

I will have you know I have won many a poetry duel !   I have not come unarmed ! 

12 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

To me Australian aboriginal art bears a striking resemblance to that the American southwest and Mexico.     sego-canyon-indian-petroglyphs-and-picto

Hmmmm .... at first glance my first reaction is - nothing like it . But then again I have seen a lot of rock art .  I suppose all  ancient rock art looks alike in a general way. but to me, different  types  seems ....  very different . 

As far as color go and the use of ochre  -  the neolithic palette was very limited . 

Again, I would recommend Werner Herzog's  'Cave of Forgotten Dreams '  - well worth watching and very revealing . 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Harte said:

"There once was a fellow named Dave..."

Harte

What erotic word would rhyme with Dave?

Never mind. I probably shouldn't ask.

• Like 3

On January 23, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Hanslune said:

Warning: As we have swerved into/onto the topic of Australia - If anyone brings up Rex Gilroy I will respond by a giving you a severe mocking and screaming.

I only now saw this. As it happens I just mentioned Rex in a different thread.

Will I receive a mocking and screaming? I probably deserve it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Don't worry, I don't think anyone will take you Sirius.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

"Who found a dead whore in a cave..."

Want a PM?

Harte

• Like 3

Pffft ... call that poetry ... where is the depth, the tricky permutations of metre ,  the topical content . 

If this does not improve, I shall punish you with an original BTE  woo-poem ! 

40 minutes ago, Harte said:

"Who found a dead whore in a cave..."

Want a PM?

Harte

I know a few different endings to that one biggrin.gif

• Like 2

On 24/1/2017 at 11:33 AM, Hammerclaw said:

I see all sorts of similarities between all types of man. I'm always puzzled as to why some people have this desperate need to have Neanderthals be inferior us. Technologically, they were probably more advanced than some extant hunter gatherers.

It's called "the paranasal sinuses envy".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

"Who everybody considered brave,

Because he asked his girlfriend 'why don't you shave?'

But a slap was the only answer she gave."

19 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Yes you would as you should have known better. I'm busy so I suggest instead that you stand before a mirror and read out passages from Rex's most famous book; "The big book of grommetry things I made up". Each time you snicker you need to press a hot iron to your stomach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yes you would as you should have known better. I'm busy so I suggest instead that you stand before a mirror and read out passages from Rex's most famous book; "The big book of grommetry things I made up". Each time you snicker you need to press a hot iron to your stomach.

I just moved and haven't unpacked my iron yet. Would it be all right to use a burner on the stove? Or could I set the book on fire and then sit on it?

• Like 1

On January 21, 2017 at 2:08 PM, back to earth said:

Just look at the mess they made in the galley !  

Image result for panic aboard ocean liner

How'd that photo of my kitchen get on the internet? At least it was relatively clean then.

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked