Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Bellachoo

55 minutes ago, Zayne Kalis said:

Eh that depends what you mean by "ghost". If you mean human spirits, I don't think so... I won't pretend to have a clue what happens when you die, but honestly I don't think they really stick around... and I certainly don't think they haunt anything. There's soooooo many things in the universe, and pretty much all of them have no name. People tend to use "demon" for bad things, "angel" for good things, and "ghost" for anything inbetween, but there's a whole lot more. Don't ask me why or how... Although despite what movies tell you, most things are afraid of us (from what I can tell), so the chances of encountering anything is slim. On top of that you don't really see them the same way you see physical objects, they kind of exist on a separate plane (which is why you can't measure them physically), so naturally that's where you have to look... sometimes you catch a glimpse subconsciously which is what most people see. Your eyes do play tricks though so most of the time you think you see something it's probably nothing.

(this is just based on personal observations, I'm not an expert or anything)

Fear exists only for survival. A dead person should not be afraid to die again so fear doesn't make any sense for a non physical entity although perhaps if energy can be converted, diluted or absorbed then perhaps they fear that?

1 minute ago, NightScreams said:

Fear exists only for survival. A dead person should not be afraid to die again so fear doesn't make any sense for a non physical entity although perhaps if energy can be converted, diluted or absorbed then perhaps they fear that?

No idea haha. Although energy can definitely be converted, spiritual energy is no exception. We can't do them harm physically, however we all have our own spiritual energy and we can definitely do them harm that way. I dunno if they really feel "pain"... maybe, since you can even feel pain in your imagination, not just from physical reactions. But I do know having your spirit messed with isn't pleasant. I don't know if you can "die" again or not... that would be interesting.

14 minutes ago, Zayne Kalis said:

No idea haha. Although energy can definitely be converted, spiritual energy is no exception. We can't do them harm physically, however we all have our own spiritual energy and we can definitely do them harm that way. I dunno if they really feel "pain"... maybe, since you can even feel pain in your imagination, not just from physical reactions. But I do know having your spirit messed with isn't pleasant. I don't know if you can "die" again or not... that would be interesting.

How could your spiritual energy do them harm? If that's the case then all spirits in their world could harm them.

6 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

How could your spiritual energy do them harm? If that's the case then all spirits in their world could harm them.

Because it's the same kind of energy, on the same plane of existence. It's all connected. It doesn't work quite like the physical plane, but it's the same kind of idea. Physical things are affected by other physical things. Spiritual things are affected by other spiritual things. The only time they cross over is when that spiritual energy is converted into a physical energy, like heat for instance.

You're not physically (in a spiritual way) hitting them, but you can kind of affect their energy using your own. I have no idea what exactly the energy is or why it behaves the way it does... I just know it can be manipulated, transformed, and converted, because you have your own. I'm not sure where our energy comes from, either it's somehow perpetually generated, or it's cycled through us from the universal energy field (more likely). We either affect that energy field with our energy field to affect their energy field, or we reach out our energy field to directly affect their energy field. Not sure yet.

As far as I know, anything on the same plane of existence can affect each other ("plane" being used to differentiate between physical, spiritual and mental worlds). So yeah spiritual entities should be able to harm other spiritual entities.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen a ghost but I have felt like they were around me but my mind could have been playing tricks on me.

I have seen my fair share of ghosts, I talked about one or two in the experiences thread.

• Like 1

Outside of astral projection I've never seen a ghost. I have heard and seen what would appear to be the result of ghostly activity though.