Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts in the Hood

skliss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is funny

Oh you mean Ghost Brothers. It was entertaining. They came to Seguin just 20 miles from me to investigate the Magnolia Hotel. Might have to drive past the place when I check out the new county library.Ghost Adventures was also there  as well. There is another place in town which is a mansion.They had this year some sort of ghost hunt and during this time let people in the basement which they normally don't do.  Guess it has a nasty ghost i guess. The Weinert House bed and breakfast is said to be haunted by the family that built it, but they aren't scary ghosts or anything so low on the radar.

I'd like to see them and Ghost Adventures check out Yoakum Memorial Hospital in Yoakum, east of Seguin.Its supposed to be haunted. Or maybe Persidio La Bahia in Goliad.

Those are actually two different shows. Ghost Brothers has some funny moments but Ghosts in the Hood has real comedy gold. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've not seen either show, but you can hear the Ghost Brothers talk about ghost, faith, and their story on the Bizarre States podcast.

http://nerdist.com/bizarre-states-130-ball-puns-with-the-ghost-brothers/

I've only listened to two of those shows, and the two I listened to were NSFW. Listen with headphones in if sensitive ears are around. :D

Edited by Butchern

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha......sorry, when I read the title I thought you were talking about Tales from the Hood.......

Will look into that, had no idea there were two different teams out there. I like the concept, there are hauntings that don't get talked about because of where they are or the history alone. And quite a bit of the haunted locations will trigger differently around different races, so haunted plantations would be more active for them. 

Ghost Brothers is good for a laugh. I love how they laugh at each other when they get scared. And the Electric Slide in the ballroom of the Rose Plantation in Jamaica was hilariously smart. Think of it. It was built around the 1700's and at the time it was giving balls the type of dancing the aristocrats were doing were a line or circle style of dancing that is a prequel to the Madison and the Electric Slide. So, why not? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I missed it but am going to catch it. It sounds a lot like the Mountain monster hunters just with brothers from the hood instead of Redneck hillbillies our of the hills. I look at these type shows as some of the best slap stick comedy shows made to day. Sort of like The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy and Abbot and Costello used to be. 

I think shows like these are an insult to those that try to seriously look into anything paranormal and try to find answers. it like pouring rat poison pellets into your vat of chili and expected to pick through it all to find  something consumable. Then again I pretty much feel the same way regarding websites like this where the least amount of effort is used to feed the public. I found out that it takes an extreme amount of effort and digging to find original sources, weed through tales, find credibility in witnesses ...etc and then you have these shows that just further dilute it in various forms to the point that it's impossible to distinguish any amount of truth from fiction and vice versa no matter how fictional a show like this is, it actually serves to foster fictional data as truth in other forms even if it's only to deceive for the sake of viewers for that time period, the truth is rarely publicized later on.

Edited by NightScreams