Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

“Mythical” Chinese Creature Spotted On Camera

rashore

Chinese cultures have extensive folklore full of mythical animals, many of which are believed to have mystical powers. While most people are familiar with China’s iconic dragons, phoenixes, and guardian lions (or “foo dogs”), another enduring Chinese mythical animal is the qilin.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/01/mythical-chinese-creature-spotted-on-camera/

• Like 4

It certainly looks like a deer family member to me. If this were a horse then it would be told apart by its footprints since deer leave 2 toe marks and a horse just one. What I thought was interesting was the view of the camera which seemed to show a very small area. It did not seem to overlook a trail or water source or even a food source.

• Like 1

I hate to burst somebody's bubble, but this appears to be a female Eld's Deer. Elk don't exist in China (Eurasian Elk and Moose do, but not North American Elk). They are endangered, so this is a very nice photograph of a rare animal. I just don't see this as a mythical creature.

• Like 4

Nice photo, I don't see the resemblance between the real thing and the drawn photo doe lol. 

Edited by AstralHorus