Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australia’s Stonehenge Standing Stones

rashore

Not long ago I received a phone call from a lady I had never met, whose name, Hunwi, is as unique as is the set of circumstances that led to her seeking us out. She is, along with some other like-minded women, in the process of purchasing some small acreage that is, not coincidentally, less than two kilometres from the Standing Stones site.

What Hunwi witnessed was a passing parade of rocks which she felt would be of interest to us, some of which she believed originally stood on the main sacred Standing Stones mound. On an earlier visit to their prospective property, Hunwi saw a cluster of twelve Standing Stones positioned on the left-hand side of an internal road that continued on to the main quarry site. Soon after she returned with Original Elder Lois Cook and other interested parties to inspect these standing stones. Her return visit was a mixed blessing, in that the stones seen earlier had been removed, but directly above where they momentarily stood, the top soil had been removed and heavy machinery had been in motion. Hunwi spoke of massive slabs of rocks weighing tonnes, and more importantly shared with me the reasons why she was so convinced these are the same rocks that stood on the principle mound at the Standing Stones complex.

http://forgottenorigin.com/the-resurrection-of-the-standing-stones-australias-stonehenge-the-rocks-have-been-found

• Like 2

A quote ... a link .....  thats it  ?  

You do realise about 'ancient origins '   and that  this is a Steven Strong project   ( the Kariong / Gosford  hieroglyphics  ) 

Some old quarry on a farm ... suddenly Indigenous Australians had built a 'Stonehenge '    :rolleyes:

Try this instead ;      http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-12/aboriginal-astronomy-provides-clues-to-ancient-life/7925024

• Like 1

3 hours ago, back to earth said:

A quote ... a link .....  thats it  ?  

You do realise about 'ancient origins '   and that  this is a Steven Strong project   ( the Kariong / Gosford  hieroglyphics  ) 

Some old quarry on a farm ... suddenly Indigenous Australians had built a 'Stonehenge '    :rolleyes:

Try this instead ;      http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-12/aboriginal-astronomy-provides-clues-to-ancient-life/7925024

Honestly, I didn't know Australia was supposed to have stonehenges till today- or not have them. I just thought it looked like a neat article about some old stone artifact kind of stuff. I pretty much know zilch about Australia history, and it didn't look like this sort of story had been brought up anytime recently on UM. I have no idea what that project is or what the hieroglyphics are either. I feel kind of sheephish right now.

And the article you provided is excellent :tu: Thanks for some more information about this.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rashore said:

Honestly, I didn't know Australia was supposed to have stonehenges till today- or not have them. I just thought it looked like a neat article about some old stone artifact kind of stuff. I pretty much know zilch about Australia history, and it didn't look like this sort of story had been brought up anytime recently on UM. I have no idea what that project is or what the hieroglyphics are either. I feel kind of sheephish right now.

And the article you provided is excellent :tu: Thanks for some more information about this.

Okay , Steven Strong is retired primary school teacher from Mullumbimby NSW.   He is a pretty bad woo seller.   His early 'work' is somewhat down played now  ( grey alien reptilians , etc , just about any woo wagon he would jump on . Then he got onto this Gosford  thing,  ( there are a few threads on it here )  and tried to tidy up his act a bit.

Part of his ancient origins stuff is that everything started in Australia and Australian Aboriginals spread civilisation and technology around the world .  He will pick up just about any silly idea and run with it .  He runs seminars that people pay to get into - thats how he turn a buck  ( and books and donations for projects   ;)  )  

He also uses Aboriginal people and elders to shore up his trips , thats pretty shameful IMO . 

However, there is some very interesting and pretty amazing things the Aboriginals did, that have only recently come to light - considering what we were previously and wrongly taught about them .

here are some  better links if you re interested in these sort of things ;

Aborigines were building ‘stone houses’ 9000 years ago

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/indigenous/aborigines-were-building-stone-houses-9000-years-ago/news-story/30ef4873a7c8aaa2b80d01a12680df77

Image result for aboriginal astronomy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Aboriginal_astronomy

http://austhrutime.com/eel_harvesting.htm

• Like 4

On January 23, 2017 at 6:17 PM, back to earth said:

Okay , Steven Strong is retired primary school teacher from Mullumbimby NSW...

That is terrifying, utterly terrifying. Poor innocent kids. The only thing possibly more terrifying is if Rex Gilroy were teaching in the classroom next door.

• Like 3

Rex is senior lecturer at the University of Wooloomooloo . 

never heard of it ?  surely not ! 

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

That is terrifying, utterly terrifying. Poor innocent kids. The only thing possibly more terrifying is if Rex Gilroy were teaching in the classroom next door.

OMG you mentioned REX!!!!BIBLICAL disaster will follow, zombies in malls, Hottentots selling cars and the French Army advancing on Hollywood.....I hope you will be pleased by what you have done. 

Apparently Steven Strong has been reading these threads ;     "   The rancour, personal insults and inflamed indignation that is so much of our ‘daily bread’  ....  " 

http://forgottenorigin.com/the-resurrection-of-the-standing-stones-australias-stonehenge-the-rocks-have-been-found

16 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I don't know who Rex Gilroy is either.... :hmm:

Rex is a classic 'Yowie Hunter'   !    His book is an 'interesting '  read .  Full of photos; of the old holden they used to drive around in hunting Yowies. Rex's wife ,  

Related image

campsites where they camped to hunt Yowies, even pics of Rex's concrete driveway with outlines of Yowie drawn on it in chalk . An old burnt out car he found a body in ( and a story about that, although it had nothing to do with Yowies) . 

Also he is a proponent of ancient hominids in Australia  - Gigantopiticus  ... who was really big ! and 'made' giant stone tools ... Rex found a few of those 

Image result for rex gilroy stone axe

he got a big collection of plaster footprint moulds from Yowies. 

Related image

and some casts of Yowie heads 

Image result for rex gilroy stone axe

( apparently Yowie must have tripped and fallen face first in the mud ?  ) 

Nowadays, one must keep up, Rex has branched out ;

Related image

and Rex claiming some type of  connection to the Australia's national museum ... now thats cred !  

http://www.australianyowieresearchcentre.com/rex_gilroy_yowie_exhibition_mainpage.html

... oh wait !  < reads fine print .  Rex is just a feature there along with 50 other 'interesting Australians ' '

Eternity explores the stories of 50 ordinary and extraordinary Australians, based on emotional themes, catching people at 
moments when their stories act as windows to larger events in history," said curator Sophie Jensen  " 

' emotional themes '  ......   :)   

• Like 2

He also believes that a living Tyrannosaurus called the "burrunjor" still roams the Australian outback.

IMG_6455.PNG

IMG_6456.JPG

Edited by Carnoferox

Heh, that's funny. In another thread about BF I just learned that though I long knew the term yowie, it's actually from Australia. When Rex is called "classic", is it safe to assume that means he's from that magical 1958 benchmark era that the guy with the footprints in the U.S. started?

Edited by rashore
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

He also believes that a living Tyrannosaurus called the "burrunjor" still roams the Australian outback.

IMG_6455.PNG

IMG_6456.JPG

I'd be happy just to find their opalised remains ! 

Image result for opalised complete dinosaurs fossil

• Like 4

American soldiers on leave here in WWII lost their  squadron mascot in the bush .      B)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hanslune said:

OMG you mentioned REX!!!!BIBLICAL disaster will follow, zombies in malls, Hottentots selling cars and the French Army advancing on Hollywood.....I hope you will be pleased by what you have done. 

I had typed that with my fingers crossed. Does that help?

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I had typed that with my fingers crossed. Does that help?

You need to squat and make sounds like a chicken why consuming vast quantities of paprika and reciting the Shinto book of the mad clown.

10 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

IMG_6456.JPG

I know it's hard to believe, and I acknowledge that it is probably the best I've seen here to date, but I'm calling photoshop on that one...

• Like 2

Oh come on now ..... anyone can see the resemblance    , obviously evolution is at work here ;

Related image        Related image

• Like 3

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 7:03 AM, rashore said:

I don't know who Rex Gilroy is either.... :hmm:

I hadn't heard of him until @back to earth mentioned him.

The name conjures up thoughts of the quintessential Aussie conservative - an amalgam of Rex Mossop and Frank Gilroy.

• Like 1

super awesome ......thanks.......my mum and dad will love this......

On 1/27/2017 at 9:08 AM, Golden Duck said:

I hadn't heard of him until @back to earth mentioned him.

The name conjures up thoughts of the quintessential Aussie conservative - an amalgam of Rex Mossop and Frank Gilroy.

Did you know Rex objected to nude bathers at the unofficial nude beach near his house , a couple of times he got one of them in a headlock and dragged  them off to the police station - doesnt like looking at nudies  .... but prepared to wrestle with them ?   :D   

• Like 2