Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goblin Attacks Sweep Zimbabwe

rashore

Two Zimbabweans who stabbed their wives to death have been acquitted by courts in that country within the last month after successfully persuading judges that they thought their wives were witchcraft-created goblins.

According to the state-owned Chronicle newspaper, Mikiana Sandako (24) was acquitted by Masvingo High Judge Justice Joseph Mafusire after fatally stabbing his sleeping wife after mistaking her for a goblin that was punching him.

http://newobserveronline.com/goblin-attacks-sweep-zimbabwe/

Wow.  So glad to have been born in Canada when I see crazy things like this in the news.  Those poor women.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Wow.  So glad to have been born in Canada when I see crazy things like this in the news.  Those poor women.

Because things like this don't happen in Canada?

B.C. man killed ex-girlfriend because she was possessed by a demon: http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/06/bc-man-killed-ex-girlfriend-because-she-was-possessed-by-a-demon

So, how do you know that goblins and demons don't exist? I doubt it myself, but the fact they don't fit in with a materialist world-view has no more probative value than the fact that materialism doesn't fit in with a myth-based one.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rashore said:

B.C. man killed ex-girlfriend because she was possessed by a demon: http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/06/bc-man-killed-ex-girlfriend-because-she-was-possessed-by-a-demon

Link does not work for mobile devices.  Abs was he an immigrant from one of these countries that are not living in this century?

8 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

So, how do you know that goblins and demons don't exist? I doubt it myself, but the fact they don't fit in with a materialist world-view has no more probative value than the fact that materialism doesn't fit in with a myth-based one.

They do exist - as an excuse for murder.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Link does not work for mobile devices.  Abs was he an immigrant from one of these countries that are not living in this century?

Nope. He is a regular Canadian, so was his ex-girlfriend.

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Nope. He is a regular Canadian, so was his ex-girlfriend.

Ok.  I googled it.  How many times have we heard about things like this happening in Canada or the US compared to 3rd world countries? That is my reasoning to why being happy for where I was born.   It just seems like you wanted to slam me down for saying that.  How many times have we seen headlines where women are murdered because they are "witches" coming out of Asia and Africa? By looking up headlines between North America, Africa and Asia, you can see where the majority are reported.  So again, glad I was not born in any of those countries.

5 hours ago, rashore said:

Things like this happen all over the world due to severe mental illnesses. They aren't generally "acquitted by courts" after "successfully persuading judges" though.

Mind you, I have my suspicions that an ex-girlfriend was indeed a witchcraft-created goblin, so who knows... :whistle:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

Demons definitely do.