Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright UFO filmed over Russia

seeder

Stargazers baffled by bright UFO which darted around the skies above Western Russia

First footage of lattice-like sphere of light seems nothing more than a tiny light
    But when the camera zooms in microstructures appear visible within ball
    It's too small to be the moon yet too big to be any other easily identifiable object

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4148690/Stargazers-baffled-bright-UFO-Russia.html#ixzz4Wc4WMHAl

I'm going with Venus.

• Like 1

We're heading for Venus 
And still we stand tall
Cause maybe they've seen us
And welcome us all yeah
With so many lightyears to go
And things to be found 
I'm sure that we'll all miss her so

How many times do I need to explain 'bokeh'?  As soon as I saw that screen grab with the big round ball, I recognised it as a completely out of focus blob of bokeh.

That 'detail' is caused by various effects within the lens, and has NOTHING to do with the object, which has been thrown into a round out-of-focus blob as she zoomed in.  Honestly, do people not notice this effect when they are filming outdoors at night and zoom in, say on a streetlight?  As the lens loses focus (which is very common at night when the camera has nothing substantial to lock onto), a small bright light will bloom outwards into these roundish blobs.  Note that as she then moves the camera, the detail moves in synch - proving it is the LENS that is causing the effects.

Spend a little time here, where i demonstrate the same effect:

..and watch and think about what happens.  For this demo I was indeed using Venus, and you can see all the 'detail' moving around as I move the camera, proving it has absolutely nothing to do with the object and is all about the internal design of the lens.

But when the woman filming zooms in, obviously using high-end equipment, the luminous object appears more like a large ball with microstructures visible within.

???? Seriously, daily Fail? - you guys are morons...  For a media organisation not to recognise this as something going out of focus, is beyond abysmal.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Stiff said:

I'm going with Venus.

The second I saw the headline in the Fail I knew it was going to be Venus, filmed out of focus with a hand-held camera on zoom.

• Like 2