Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meet Pearl the seven foot albino alligator

Still Waters

Meet Pearl - an albino alligator with skin so bright she truly lives up to her name.

Extraordinary video footage shows the snow-white alligator creep out of the water and try to snatch a hat after a keeper teases her by hitting her on the nose with it.

The seven and a half-foot-long, 105lb alligator is no slouch and her pink eyes make it hard to see where she is looking at any one time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4147352/Meet-Pearl-amazing-albino-alligator.html

• Like 6

Am wondering if she know she's different, if she has already suffered exclusion because she's different and if she's lonely.

• Like 4

I am gathering it's similar to white bengal tigers or white boxer dogs.......it's a genetic defect that sadly makes them more desirable........how dare he hit that beautiful creature with a hat...............I would have ripped his freaking arm off.......

Edited by cluey

I'll just stick with my LOUIS VUITTONS.........

5 hours ago, Myles said:

105 lbs seems low for a 7 foot alligator, doesn't it?

A lot of the length is her tail, but she does seem a bit slim...poor thing probably is lonely.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

A lot of the length is her tail, but she does seem a bit slim...poor thing probably is lonely.

You are probably right.   i would have guessed around 250 lbs.   Obviously I'd had been wrong.   Average golden retriever weighs 75 lbs.  Average bottle nose dolphin weighs 1100 lbs. 

I guess I assumed an alligator had a dense body that weighed more per foot. 

Did a quick Google:

Scientific name: Alligator
Lifespan: American alligator: 30 – 50 years
Length: American alligator: 9.8 – 15 ft., Chinese alligator: 4.9 ft.
Did you know: Most gators top out at about 13 feet and 800 pounds
  • Like 1

Creatures who exhibit Albino traits usually have health issues.  They don't have long life spins and are usually quite sickly which could account for her weight.  It could be sad is lonely on top of that and she is in captivity.  Poor thing kinda screwed all around.

1 minute ago, glorybebe said:

Creatures who exhibit Albino traits usually have health issues.  They don't have long life spins and are usually quite sickly which could account for her weight.  It could be sad is lonely on top of that and she is in captivity.  Poor thing kinda screwed all around.

Dammit, I find myself feeling really sorry for an alligator (of all things). :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Dammit, I find myself feeling really sorry for an alligator (of all things). :(

I know, me too.