Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Artificial life breakthrough, synthetic DNA!

seeder

16 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I can so see abuses with this.  What if there is a disease that is grown from this?  Scary IMO

We already have engineered diseases that could wipe us all out. Nonething new

• Like 1

Hmm.. synthetic replacement parts.. no worries of rejection.. grown synthetic joints.. bring it on I say :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

We already have engineered diseases that could wipe us all out. Nonething new

So just add more into the mix, it's all good.

It'sIt's not that I am trying to be snotty or condescending, but we are doing things without really looking at long range plans.  Just because we can doesn't mean we should.   I am advocating extreme caution with this technology.

16 hours ago, glorybebe said:

That is your opinion. And that is why we come here to voice our opinions.  In my opinion I am looking at a larger picture where the faith and trust in human nature is based on our history. We have had amazing and wonderful instances, but we have had incredibly evil ones, too.  We do not seem to learn from our past mistakes, and that is where I base my opinion.

That is right, like the Atomic Weapons. Not invented to killion thousands at once, but if the technology is available, it will be utilised, we cannot just sit on our hands in fear that we might blow ourselves up, sure we might, but I am not sure that would not be better than reverting to 11th century thinking to stay safe, the kids movie "The Croods" 

Go ahead play God I say, and hurry up with my hoverboard. Back to the Future said we would have them by now. 

They bombarded us with long articles about the Hadron Collider
Trying to find the God particle
And everybody's arguing about whether or not to clone people
Or keep it to farm yard animals, ****
Double 'em up, triple 'em
**** the discipline
Grab a bunch of rabbits and slap all the lipstick on 'em you want
Yeah, maybe high heels to match
That's what playing God is for
Hoverboard

Lyrics Seth Sentry.

Maybe they can finally find a cure for cancer, never mind no money in that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, third_eye said:

On the bright side we might have a Synthetic Dodo back in the wild ... there will be more synthetic consumables to voraciously extirpate with happy abandon. 

~

Will there be a new organization called PETSA?  People for the Ethical Treatment of Synthetic Animals?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Glockornothing said:

Maybe they can finally find a cure for cancer, never mind no money in that.

My baby sister has been on a breast cancer team most of her life, she is only early thirties, but all the same, it is all she has ever done. She gets awfully excited over breakthroughs, she has shown me picture of proteins they have isolated in their pursuit, but lost on me, to me it just looks like lightning. She started here in Oz at UQ, then went to the Netherlands for about 6 years, and is now in Edinburgh. 

From what I have personally witnessed, there is a heck of a lot of research going into cancer prevention and cure. There are just so many types is the hardest part about it all. 

Edited by psyche101

4 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

Will there be a new organization called PETSA?  People for the Ethical Treatment of Synthetic Animals?

Yes, what we need is another useless animal organisation that is hypocritical, and we need more nude women on the Internet. There are hardly any.

:lol: 

• Like 2

Will the synthetic animals taste as good as the non-synthetic one's?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Considering the times and age perhaps it would be advisable to reconsider it as Ethical Treatment of Synthetic Sentients ... :yes: 

P.E.T.S.S.

~

On 1/24/2017 at 1:13 PM, and then said:

I notice you're in North Texas.  If you aren't a cow or a state prisoner, what on earth are you doing there? :lol:  I was in Dalhart once for a couple of weeks.  Even the trees leaned :)    

Been here a couple of years for work. Grew up in Hawaii and the west coast and my family is from the PNW. Have lived in many other states in the last 20 years. Texas is just the latest stop. I actually love the Ft Worth area, the people here are great but the summers are brutal :) 

18 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Yes, what we need is another useless animal organisation that is hypocritical, and we need more nude women on the Internet. There are hardly any.

:lol: 

Synthetic nude women? 

Or only their prominent parts? 

I guess those have gone synthetic a long time ago. 

And why no one ever complains about it? That's strange! 

• Like 1