Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

International Tourism In The USA.

Astra.

I have always loved America...and have travelled there many times. I also have friends and family that live there.

Australia and the US have always had a good and solid relationship (but will that now change) ?

Now that President Donald Trump has taken office. Will holidaying / and or visiting the USA now change the close relationship and alliance we once had ?

How will security and customs be, while entering the US. Will it now / or eventually be so strict, that even Westerners will refrain from wanting to visit under the new Trump laws and administration ?...Will he eventually build a division between the US and all of it's closest allies from around the world?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/travel/trump-travel-tourism.html?_r=0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I have always loved America...and have travelled there many times. I also have friends and family that live there.

Australia and the US have always had a good and solid relationship (but will that now change) ?

Now that President Donald Trump has taken office. Will holidaying / and or visiting the USA now change the close relationship and alliance we once had ?

How will security and customs be, while entering the US. Will it now / or eventually be so strict, that even Westerners will refrain from wanting to visit under the new Trump laws and administration ?...Will he eventually build a division between the US and all of it's closest allies from around the world?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/travel/trump-travel-tourism.html?_r=0

If they decide not too,i hear North Korea is opening up tourism to their friendly inviting country... :D

All seriousness,c'mon Astra you are a smart lady don't let all the media hype get to you too!

Donald Trump is one man,he can't change the entire US as many are thinking...Obama tried his best to change many things for better or worse depending on who was viewing it,but in reality if you asked him he probably only got to change 10% of what he wanted to...

The entire world didn't just change overnight i promise ya ;)

• Like 8

Wow. They're really reaching for anything at this point, aren't they?

"Reading the tea leaves." LOL.

The only people who will be scared to come here will have agendas other than visiting the Brooklyn Bridge.

• Like 7

well if you dumb enough to tell border guard the reason for your visit is protesting, you will not get in, not you should. ask few stupid Canadians,

• Like 1

i really don't think Mr. Trump is considering closing off the US behind an Iron Curtain, at least not just yet.  

• Like 3

Silliness.  As for visitors, they're as welcome as they've ever been.  Most people here, especially in "flyover" country, are warm and welcoming to guests.  Larger cities are just like they are in other countries, busy, rude people are more common.  The "fourth estate" are in full emergency mode because a US president doesn't bow before them.  *gasp* he even ... CHALLENGES THEM AT TIMES!  It's unheard of!  They're going to look like this before he's done -

• Like 4

Tourism and trade are very important revenue sources, so Trump should not bite that hand that feeds it too hard.

The best thing to check is your own government's recommendations and guidlines regarding tourism and travel to the USA.

• Like 2

She's just asking.

I don't know Astra.   The way things get done from the top here is notoriously bad.   We're looking for terrorists at our airports in the diapers of our babies and the crotches of our kids.   D and R voters so decadent they let them get away with it.  That age old religion of "Obama's gonna change it.  Obama's gonna change the world." is burning bright in the minds of the faithful once again.  

If it's positive change there's an endless stream of blind faith claims galore, but if it's questioning a negative one, oh come on now, don't get caught up in the hype.  "Yes we can!" (change things)  was never about making a change for the worse either.   Same religion, same faith, what changed is the color of the parishioners and the high priest.   Lest we think I mean black and white, no it's more colorful than that, it's blue and red.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yamato said:

She's just asking.

I don't know Astra.   The way things get done from the top here is notoriously bad.   We're looking for terrorists at our airports in the diapers of our babies and the crotches of our kids.   D and R voters so decadent they let them get away with it.  That age old religion of "Obama's gonna change it.  Obama's gonna change the world." is burning bright in the minds of the faithful once again.  

If it's positive change there's an endless stream of blind faith claims galore, but if it's questioning a negative one, oh come on now, don't get caught up in the hype.  "Yes we can!" (change things)  was never about making a change for the worse either.   Same religion, same faith, what changed is the color of the parishioners and the high priest.   Lest we think I mean black and white, no it's more colorful than that, it's blue and red.

Sometimes hype is hype Yam,questioning it one way or the other doesn't change a thing...overly positive or overly negative people should see it for what it is ;)

I've been bs'ed by government promises long enough to know the differences and so should most others by now...

I don't recall him saying anything against tourism. Specially from Australia lol 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't recall him saying anything against tourism. Specially from Australia lol 

He hasn't lol

It even says so in the article,then goes on to state "less than 24 hours after Trumps election victory "travel experts" try and read the tea leaves lol of how travel under a Trump administration will go down :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, little_dreamer said:

The best thing to check is your own government's recommendations and guidlines regarding tourism and travel to the USA.

I'm genuinely not sure if that was meant as satire, but if it was it was genius. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'd stop loling you guys.    It's called blowback, a thing both you and CK used to care about once upon a time.  

Any word yet on whether the groping at the airports is going to continue in this new age of great again?

She's pretty, blonde, on a plane from Australia, says she's Australian, sounds like she's Australian, heck let her in!   If only our bureaucracy and profit-driven corporations it seeks to control were so capable of such human intelligence and case-by-case flexibility.  

We're looking for terrorists inside our six month olds' diapers if their random number comes up.    So yeah, I question it too.   I see bottlenecks and unintended consequences for a lot of these promises.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Yamato said:

I'd stop loling you guys.    It's called blowback, a thing both you and CK used to care about once upon a time.  

Any word yet on whether the groping at the airports is going to continue in this new age of great again?

She's pretty, blonde, on a plane from Australia, says she's Australian, sounds like she's Australian, heck let her in!   If only our bureaucracy and profit-driven corporations it seeks to control were so capable of such human intelligence and case-by-case flexibility.  

We're looking for terrorists inside our six month olds' diapers if their random number comes up.    So yeah, I question it too.   I see bottlenecks and unintended consequences for a lot of these promises.

It's just mindless fear.

Like there is no reason to believe everyone is now going to be stripped searched at airports. 

What's trump going to do that stops tourism ?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Yamato said:

All of which, the inept TSA and the even more indept DHS, was products of the Bush regime and continued without question or demur by Obama. if Tromp doesn't scrap them immediately it'll be further proof that he is indeed everything people have said about him?

• Like 1

Not going to lie, I didn't read that whole editorial, mainly because I don't actually like editorials all too much. But! On the broader topic you brought up, tourism is good for the American economy. And I feel as though Trump, who owns hotels, and resorts..knows the HUGE financial benefit of tourism better than most politicians do. So I think we can rest assured tourism will be fine. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's just mindless fear.

Like there is no reason to believe everyone is now going to be stripped searched at airports. 

What's trump going to do that stops tourism ?

Trump's Wall mentality is present throughout his ideas on immigration, border security, trade and war.    What unintended consequence couldn't happen?   

Trump's going to micromanage travel by country of origin.  As if there are no terrorists in the Commonwealth?  bloody hell.

"Are you trying to immigrate to this country?"

"Nope, I'm just here to party!   Woo hoo!"

"Oh fine.  Welcome to America."    :rolleyes:

The motorboat business in Mexico is going to skyrocket.    Got any hot stock tips for boat builders on the Mexican stock exchange?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

All of which, the inept TSA and the even more indept DHS, was products of the Bush regime and continued without question or demur by Obama. if Tromp doesn't scrap them immediately it'll be further proof that he is indeed everything people have said about him?

What people said about him is mostly just politics.   What he does is what matters.   Are there proposals to get rid of the TSA and DHS?

there is no impact to tourism even if wall was already build, AFAIK most tourists are coming here legally, following all the rules.

unfortunately trump never promised to disband tsa,  it is a shame thou, an organisation that has failure rate of 95% should be disbanded.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure too many tourists would include climbing a wall or swimming a river in their itinerary to visit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

Trump's Wall mentality is present throughout his ideas on immigration, border security, trade and war.    What unintended consequence couldn't happen?   

Trump's going to micromanage travel by country of origin.  As if there are no terrorists in the Commonwealth?  bloody hell.

"Are you trying to immigrate to this country?"

"Nope, I'm just here to party!   Woo hoo!"

"Oh fine.  Welcome to America."    :rolleyes:

The motorboat business in Mexico is going to skyrocket.    Got any hot stock tips for boat builders on the Mexican stock exchange?

The "trump wall mentality" it seems you and others are equating a secure border to be the same thing as isolationism. I didn't perceive trump as running on an isolationism platform.

Until I see him implimnet or prepose a policy to affect torisum I have no reason to assume it will.

If that does happen feel free to quote me later and tell me that you told me so

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweetpumper said:

Yeah, I'm not sure too many tourists would include climbing a wall or swimming a river in their itinerary to visit.

Well if they are too lazy for a lil wall climbing,river swimming,or tunnel digging then i don't want them here! :lol:

Says a lot about their character if they don't want to put in a lil work to get here! ;)

6 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

If they decide not too,i hear North Korea is opening up tourism to their friendly inviting country... :D

All seriousness,c'mon Astra you are a smart lady don't let all the media hype get to you too!

Donald Trump is one man,he can't change the entire US as many are thinking...Obama tried his best to change many things for better or worse depending on who was viewing it,but in reality if you asked him he probably only got to change 10% of what he wanted to...

The entire world didn't just change overnight i promise ya ;)

That depends on what side of the media you're on.  Obama bypassing the law to rule how he saw fit(as often as he could get away with anyway) was given a pass, ignored or applauded by the majority of the media.  Trump doing the same would have the majority of the media doing everything in their power to make the country descend into panic-induced anarchy.

• Like 2