Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Felt an unusual connection with a stranger.

HappySoul

Yesterday, i was at a book fest in my hometown and there was a big crowd of people there. I was with a friend. After some sightseeing i went to a bookstore because i LOVE books. 

I was getting some books when i saw him. He was standing there leaning over a shelf totally into a book. For sometime i continuously stared him but soon was caught by my friend who was with me. I got near the shelf and grabbed a book and started reading its summary. From the corner of my eye i could see by coincidence, he was reading the same book. After sometime minutes he kept his book and came real close to my back. Then he leant over and grabbed ANOTHER book. After this i had to go but my point is that i felt a sudden and unexpected connection with him. Like i know him from a long time. And its not like he was exceptionally good looking that i fell for him, it was just maggical experience.

Sounds romantic.  Did you make eye contact with him?

Maybe next time something like that happens, say "hello", that way at least you create an opening.

Edited by Four Winds
  • Like 2

Shoulda gotten his email and asked him on a date. Doesn't sound like anything particularly weird happened.

• Like 2

That sounds amazing. 

I may lose most of my memories, but I will not likely ever forget the first time I saw my wife.  It was like falling into a sphere of light.  It was magnetic.  My life changed in that instant. 

From that moment on I knew what Bucky Fuller meant when he said "Love is metaphysical gravity".  There was no choice.  It was pure connection on an astoundingly deep level, in a moment. 

• Like 1

Those are awesome experiences and afterwards you probably think I should have done this and I should have said that and you are left with a feeling of "what if", I would have done this or said that. I actually have those magical experiences quite often when I am travelling and they always make me feel good and the people that are part of these experiences I probably never see again In my life time :)

Edited by thedutchiedutch

18 hours ago, Podo said:

Shoulda gotten his email and asked him on a date. Doesn't sound like anything particularly weird happened.

Particularly weird thing was that i was feeling as if i know him and i was totally spellbound. I couldn't even move when i was near him. There was some kind of vibe or something that had captured me.

4 minutes ago, HappySoul said:

Particularly weird thing was that i was feeling as if i know him and i was totally spellbound. I couldn't even move when i was near him. There was some kind of vibe or something that had captured me.

That's not really weird.  I've had that feeling when I have been overwhelmed and lovestruck.  I know what you mean about the power of that vibe!  It is magical. 

Sounds like that this has never happened to you before.  Do you regret not having, at least, made eye contact or are you fine with what just occurred?

Edited by sees

2 minutes ago, sees said:

That's not really weird.  I've had that feeling when I have been overwhelmed.  Sounds like that this has never happened to you before.  Do you regret not having, at least, made eye contact or are you fine with what just occurred?

I'm fine and infact really happy with what happened. I've this intuition that I'll meet him again somewhere, somtime.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, HappySoul said:

No, couldn't.

Why not, opportunity only knocks once, as they say.   

I have to share that my experience tells me otherwise with certain matters.  We are cycles and life is circuitous.  Ever returning on itself.

I get the sense that my wife and I would have met even had I left Minnesota (where we met) for Colorado as shortly before we met, I had planned to go out there and work for some years as a ski instructor and a wild fire-fighter.  Years later, I found out that at the time I was making this decision, my Father in law, who was a career tank commander was choosing where he would be stationed for the final years of his army days.

They were going to Colorado, until he flipped and chose Minnesota instead.  We laughed about this and thought it a funny coincidence at the time.  (I still thought of things in terms of coincidence then, but long since I now sense synchronicity and interconnectedness, not random proteins banging together)...

another fun anecdote reinforces this:

I got off work early one afternoon and on my way home, stopped at the library... I don't go often, preferring the ease of reading online much of what I used to get in book form, but recently I was getting back into spending time in libraries... the smell and the atmosphere... so anyway, I was looking for Quine's Word and Object and a few related titles.  I got to the library, punched in the titles I was seeking, got the old dewey decimals and headed to the stacks to get my titles.

As I was pulling one of my books from the shelf, I locked eyes with my wife... pulling a book off the shelf directly opposite me.

We smiled and laughed and she said "Wow, we were really going to meet no matter what weren't we?"

• Like 2