Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nascar

Myles

I see they drastically changed the points structure again.   I'm all for it.    Mainly because I haven't paid much attention to Nascar for a few years.   

I don't even think I have a favorite driver.   Maybe Tony Stewart.  Crap, he retired.

I guess Newmann, Kurt Busch and Truex.   I like Kyle Busch because he mixes it up.  

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/24/nascar-overhauls-race-and-playoff-format.html

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I see they drastically changed the points structure again.   I'm all for it.    Mainly because I haven't paid much attention to Nascar for a few years.   

I don't even think I have a favorite driver.   Maybe Tony Stewart.  Crap, he retired.

I guess Newmann, Kurt Busch and Truex.   I like Kyle Busch because he mixes it up.  

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/24/nascar-overhauls-race-and-playoff-format.html

They had to do something. Viewership is down, race attendance is down.

I used to watch every lap of every race, not so much for the past 8 years or so. I'm still a Dale Jr fan.

For me, it's all about NHRA drag racing.

• Like 5

Sounds good.  Too often you see someone that is running well get a DNF through no fault of their own and this way at least they can get possibly go away with some points.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

I used to watch every lap of every race, not so much for the past 8 years or so. I'm still a Dale Jr fan.

I was wearing an NHRA jacket downtown one day and this old grateful dead hippie woman came over to me with a big scowl on her face and asked "What does NHRA stand for"  She was so disappointed that it had nothing to do with the NRA :lol:

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I used to be a Dale Earnhardt fan, but I went the other direction with Dale Jr.   I root against him. 

• Like 2

My sister is a big fan, but aside from the crashes, it seems a bit boring to watch cars go in circles and I am a car guy.  What is the draw?

Edited by Four Winds
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Four Winds said:

My sister is a big fan, but aside from the crashes, it seems a bit boring to watch cars go in circles and I am a car guy.  What is the draw?

What you have to do is get into understanding the nuances of each track, and how the physics of those tracks define the strategy for each team and what they do to overcome them..  To me that makes it a lot more interesting.  It drives me ****ing nuts when people say "It's boring all they do is turn left"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What you have to do is get into understanding the nuances of each track, and how the physics of those tracks define the strategy for each team and what they do to overcome them..  To me that makes it a lot more interesting.  It drives me ****ing nuts when people say "It's boring all they do is turn left"

I am one of those people, sorry. I don't want to drive a car that really all it can do is turn left, so making a car that can only turn left at high speeds?  I would almost rather watch soccer. j/k I would take NASCAR any day over soccer, I don't wish that on anyone.

Edited by Four Winds
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Four Winds said:

but aside from the crashes, it seems a bit boring to watch cars go in circles and I am a car guy.  What is the draw?

I'm exactly the same way!

I do like NHRA but watching NASCAR makes me see the appeal of it being associated with beer drinking and chewing tobacco just to pass the time till the final few laps!

I would moreso compare it to golf...both put me damn near in a coma of boredom!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm exactly the same way!

I do like NHRA but watching NASCAR makes me see the appeal of it being associated with beer drinking and chewing tobacco just to pass the time till the final few laps!

I would moreso compare it to golf...both put me damn near in a coma of boredom!

What about the good old days when Talladega slack jaw, toothless fans would shower Jeff Gordon with beer cans and batteries from the stands!

I kid because I love! :lol:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

What about the good old days when Talladega slack jaw, toothless fans would shower Jeff Gordon with beer cans and batteries from the stands!

I kid because I love! :lol:

:lol: i bet 95% of those cans were redneck holy water Bud Light... :rofl:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Myles said:

Thanks for the thread Myles! I was just reading that the other day, hopefully it will liven things up. Maybe Danica will have a good season and hopefully Jr's concussion troubles are behind him. The pit crew fights are always fun to watch ;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Four Winds said:

Like I said, I haven't watched much the past few years.   When I was into it more, there were many draws.    The strategies in the race.   The drivers competing against each other.   The bumping and of course the wrecks.   There is allot of soap opera stuff going on that you see when you watch it allot.   Like anything else I suppose.   Some people watch wrestling (the fake kind).   Some watch the NBA (I can't stomach it).  

• Like 3

On 1/25/2017 at 8:16 AM, Myles said:

Some people watch wrestling (the fake kind).

Uh, Myles, there is no such thing as "the fake kind" of wrestling.  It's not fake, it's as real as any other show on TV.  The main difference is that these actors do their own stunts, are amazing athletes and know how to put on a great show.  They risk their bodies and in some cases, their lives, to entertain.  Calling it fake is not only inaccurate, it's dishonest.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thorvir said:

Uh, Myles, there is no such thing as "the fake kind" of wrestling.  It's not fake, it's as real as any other show on TV.  The main difference is that these actors do their own stunts, are amazing athletes and know how to put on a great show.  They risk their bodies and in some cases, their lives, to entertain.  Calling it fake is not only inaccurate, it's dishonest.

Ok,  it is staged.   

• Like 1

Nascar is ok, im in to drag raceing my cousin in florida owns a pro mod 1968 camaro he runs in the high 4's in 1/8 of a mile.here is his car

image.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I can't stand JJ, not even a little. Ok, he drives a Chevy, that's great, but I've seen enough. ;)

Oh BTW, do us all a favor and shave!

• Like 3

I clicked on it to watch a bit of it.   I don't totally understand the new format.   Seems to take some strategy out of it.   Some drivers used to hang back until they make their move later in the race.   They can't do that anymore.  

I'm happy with Kurt Busch winning.  

• Like 2