Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing Things-UFO conjecture(s)

rashore

That human beings have seen odd things, since time immemorial, is evidenced by their noting (recording) their observations, sometimes, even providing proof” of their observations by drawing or painting what they saw or think they saw.

There are countless examples in the lore that has accumulated within the “literature” of ufology. (I needn’t remind you of that literature, I hope.)

But what about the examples of odd things seen and notated in the psychiatric and psychological literature, and lately in the annals of neurology?

http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2017/01/seeing-things.html

i agree , human beings have seen unexplained highly scientific things they were unable to explain , or poorly explained give their rudimentary knowledge at the time. 

"Alexander the Great records two great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims in the sky that dived repeatedly at his army as they were attempting a river crossing. The action so panicked his elephants, horses, and men they had to abandon the river crossing until the following day."

• Like 1

Personally, I feel that the psychology of perception explains more about sightings of all kinds than anything else. The way we are able to see familiar objects in a muted scene is well understood by scientists and yet unconvincing to those who experience it. i.e. " I know what I saw"

I think of Galileo how he was scorned for his view of how the sun was the center and not the earth.

14 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

I think of Galileo how he was scorned for his view of how the sun was the center and not the earth.

Now isn't that just a tiny, wee, bit irrelevant?  I could make the same statement about scorn I get when I tell people my bedroom lamp is a reincarnation of Socrates.

1 hour ago, Frank Merton said:

Now isn't that just a tiny, wee, bit irrelevant?  I could make the same statement about scorn I get when I tell people my bedroom lamp is a reincarnation of Socrates.

Seems to me that you're saying that humankind goes from Horses to Automobiles to Planes to Rockets but can't advance any further.

Kind of a bit being narrow minded.

Galileo sightings of UFO's were named top thing in the Pick em out and Map the Stars, a popular chronicle in his times that featured early historical bits of greats like Steve Allen and Don Neubelt. Some of the population left to go get the bundles of the chronicle to distribute it one day, they didn't have bicycles back then so they had wings instead that you can look up under sumfinathngs, to read more visit your library.

Edited by trevorhbj