Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1/2 of Canadians will be Immigrants by 2036

Likely Guy

11 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Well the spirit of the song confers beautifully with my blah blah blah!    Annexation makes sense LG.  If Trump is right, it makes perfect sense.    Think of it this way, we'll be saving Canada from the immigrants so there's a little something in it for you too.

Except we'll have more electoral college votes than California which will set you up with an immigrant loving leftist government... forever.

Edited by Likely Guy

36 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Except we'll have more electoral college votes than California which will set you up with an immigrant loving leftist government... forever.

See now I'm not sure if we should get rid of the EC before or after the war?   What with the Muslims coming to get us and all, there's like no time to spare!

But Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart should all be awarded honorary US citizenship.  Other Canadians too possibly.   Just not Barenaked Ladies, they are NOT the best rock band in Canada.

22 hours ago, aztek said:

how long do we have? 5000-10000 years?  

Not sure. I have read that the next ice age has probably been postponed due to the greenhouse effect so I guess the greenhouse effect is not all bad if you look at it that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Not sure. I have read that the next ice age has probably been postponed due to the greenhouse effect so I guess the greenhouse effect is not all bad if you look at it that way.

We are still in an ice age, we are just in an interglacial period. And Europe is going to get very very cold as the climate continues to warm and stops the Atlantic current which has warmed Europe for thousands of years.

There is a reason why Canadians stopped having kidlets. THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

What are the stats- 100,000- 150,000 g to raise one to 18?...I had 1 kid. Because that was all i could afford. Made sure he had all he needed, then made sure he went to college. All on my dime...Now, i feel like a male black widow after all the fun.

But if i had only known- don't have to work all your life here. Just have to migrate, and the Canadian gov will pay your way.

Bitter? yep...My 1 kid to migrants 4-5 kids. All part of the current grand scheme of things.

" But Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart should all be awarded honorary US citizenship.  Other Canadians too possibly.   Just not Barenaked Ladies, they are NOT the best rock band in Canada. "

We call the first 3 dudes-RUSH.

BNLadies was like the chicken dance, flash in the pan.

We created nickelback, the same way as the US created isis. To annoy everyone and create distraction from important current events.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2017 at 1:34 AM, Yamato said:

But Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart should all be awarded honorary US citizenship.  Other Canadians too possibly.   Just not Barenaked Ladies, they are NOT the best rock band in Canada.

Was getting ready to seriously throw down over this, but thankfully I paused to finish my first coffee of the day before responding, as I realized I'd have to apologize, as of course the Tragically Hip is the best rock band in Canada, BNL is only second.  Rush could have been great, if Geddy Lee had just somehow managed to hit puberty at some point in the career... :P 

15 hours ago, Poppi said:

BNLadies was like the chicken dance, flash in the pan.

We created nickelback, the same way as the US created isis. To annoy everyone and create distraction from important current events.

Was also getting ready to throw down over this, as well as begin research to see if there were any Harper relics around that I could use to revoke your citizenship, but the nickelback comment was funny enough to tell me you do actually belong here.  But careful, you're on thin ice, you're starting to sound like you may have un-Canadian values.  

• Like 2

It's actually quite common for male vocalists to sing in pubescent octaves.   But if Tragically Hip put out some instrumentals anywhere near the same ball park as Rush I'd love to hear them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yamato said:

It's actually quite common for male vocalists to sing in pubescent octaves.   But if Tragically Hip put out some instrumentals anywhere near the same ball park as Rush I'd love to hear them.

I'm just being a jerk, I recognize their greatness...haha...  Call my previous post music trolling.  To me Lee always sounded like a leprechaun with a Canadian accent, couldn't get past it, but ya, the musicianship was top shelf.

As for the Hip, I'd say pay attention to the song long guitar "solo" the lead guitar plays through New Orleans is Sinking, but I think where they shine the most is in the way they convey mood and feeling with their instrumentals (Long Time Running, Bobcaygeon, Fiddlers Green, for examples), vs. being technical geniuses like Rush.  

I guess at this point I should put something relevant to the thread, so I'll say that as a Canadian I look forward to as many immigrants coming as possible.  We've had an excellent track record of enjoying the benefits of immigration, with almost none of the problems that other people (accurately or not) report in America, and we have tons of space up here, so come on in.  Canada is not afraid of immigrants.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thanato said:

The Hip is amazing but the Guess Who!

Yes, Canada's contributions to the music world are so much more than Celine Dion, Nickelback and Justin Bieber (sorry!!).  The Guess Who are way up there, and I'm a huge Leonard Cohen fan as well. 

With immigrant politics taking a nose-dive in recent years, what about music?   I hear young people apologizing all the time on the internet for the Justin Biebers and Miley Cyruses out there and I kindly accept their apologies.   Where has the technical genius gone?   Can someone here 25 years old or less point me to some new geniuses I may not have heard of yet who know how to play their instruments?   

James Hetfield is still complaining (on Joe Rogan's podcast) about the new profit models of music and how the internet has killed them.  You can't release an album without the internet pirating it and releasing it everywhere for free.  Napster was like the good ol' days.   The only real money vein for musicians anymore these days are touring and live performances.   The idea behind albums is pretty much extinct too.   Why release a collection anymore when you can just as easily drip one song out at a time, they'll all be stolen anyway.  He was even complaining about compact discs being too small that it made album art obsolete too.   You can't tell a story about a collection of songs with art on a plastic case 5" wide.  So the money motive might not be as strong anymore for good music, but what about music just for music's sake?

Some Canadians aren't afraid to call out politics either.  Check out Lifeson's Hall of Fame induction speech beginning at 4:34.  If you're a Rush fan as big as I am, you'll understand the meaning of every word of that speech.   Hella ironic that "The Spirit of Radio" artists couldn't get any airtime on US radio until "Closer to the Heart" came out.

• Like 1