Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Amnesia Cases Puzzle Researchers

Claire.

Cluster of Mysterious Amnesia Cases Puzzles Researchers

More than a dozen people in Massachusetts suddenly developed severe amnesia, but there was no clear cause of their memory loss, leaving researchers puzzled about what exactly could have been behind these cases, according to a new report. In the report, researchers describe a cluster of 14 cases involving people who experienced sudden amnesia, and who were treated in Massachusetts from 2012 to 2016. All of the patients were relatively young (19 to 52 years old), and all had either tested positive for drugs or had a history of substance abuse, according to the report.

The patients showed "striking anterograde amnesia," according to the report, from researchers at the Lahey Hospital & Medical Center in Burlington, Massachusetts, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH). People with this type of amnesia have trouble forming new memories, and they often cannot recall events from the immediate past, such as something that has just happened to them.

Read more: Live Science

• Like 1

Another good reason not to abuse substances.

• Like 2

I like the age differentials. And more so the fact that going by their constraints, it makes me still "relatively young" :D

• Like 4

Obviously, they were bugged by the reptiloids but something went a bit wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

So are they implying it's a new drug? 

They're trying to figure out whether it's a new syndrome related to drug abuse, or if there is some other toxic substance they were exposed to. Some of them were exposed to carbon monoxide. 

•  
  • Like 2

lack of sleep can be a genetic problem.....and can actually cause death quicker that lack of food and water....

I dont remember anything about this

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

I dont remember anything about this

About what?

• Like 4

• 1 month later...