Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Accepts Refugees.

Astra.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:09 AM, Astra. said:

I agree - and the first priority of being a Prime Minister / or any leader should be looking out for the welfare of their nation.

After giving this some extra consideration and careful thought concerning these refugees on Manus and Nauru Islands. I have since had a change of heart - especially in light of Donald Trumps disrespectful and rude manner toward Turnbull via their phone conversation - in regards to this 'so called' deal that was made with Australia and the previous Obama regime.

Lets face it - Trump is rather well known for his vindictiveness when it suits...and even tho, he said he would “respect” this "dumb deal" whilst still having to review it. Well, that alone speaks a multitude...and of course sits at odds with his suspension / and or ban of the US refugee intake and would naturally show an inconsistency to his supporters.

IMO - I now feel that the PM should now 'revoke' this one-off deal with Trump - and then persuade his cabinet to grant a one-off amnesty, and let these people settle in Australia once and for all.

If they have already been vetted properly (which is my understanding they have) and / or found to be unsuitable - then they should be deported. I am getting sick and tired of watching this 'particular group' of refugees being used as political pawns.

Also, if Trump does give the 'official' nod to accept some of these people...then they could be possibly waiting at least another two years in the 'extreme vetting' pipeline...before they even step foot on American soil. 

This whole affair is not only sad - but is becoming more and more ludicrous, all because of ego ridden politicians.

You face it. I have no idea what you are talking about. They landed on your shores. They are your responsibility. What is it about these people that you haven't taken them in already?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You face it. I have no idea what you are talking about. They landed on your shores. They are your responsibility. What is it about these people that you haven't taken them in already?  

If you have a problem with this - then you're best to take it up with the Australian government. So don't blame me.

Also, read my post again where I had mentioned that this deal should now be revoked, and the refugees should be re-settled here.

I think you're just ticked off - because I said that Donald Trump can be vindictive when it suits him (which is true btw)...that's why you bolded that little bit...isn't it ?  

You might also like to read about the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) between the US and Australia, and some other countries - in which I have only become aware of. 

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/UTSLawRw/2007/7.pdf

• Like 2

Anyway's - something cute and on a lighter note.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2017 at 2:42 AM, Ellapennella said:

Give him a chance.

Australia doesn't  correctly take it up with  the countries from where these people lived.

Check out Australia's PM saying "He Will Always take up for Austrailia"  as he & that infamous  obama screwed the U.S over.  they had people already sailing over President Trump was honest "We don't want them".  So, what will the relations be between America and our fake ally Australia?

Ellapennella, a hypothetical question for you from a citizen of Fake-Ally-Australia.

Back during the Cold War, thousands of people from communist countries risked their lives to flee their countries to defect to the West - from the USSR, Poland, East Germany, Cuba...

Should the USA have sent these people back to their home countries as suspected communists? Because my memory was that defectors were instead welcomed and their stories publicised as examples of what was wrong with communism.

On 03/02/2017 at 9:27 PM, Hammerclaw said:

What's the religion and ethnicity of those 200,000 "migrants"? The reason I ask is Australia is swapping illegal migrants from Islamic countries for some of our illegal migrants from Christian countries. That's a point that gets glossed over; the deal is reciprocal, not one-sided.

https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/statistics/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf

There's a list of country of origin, not ethnicity or religion. In order, the top ten are:

India - 40,000

China - 29,000

UK - 19,000

Philippines - 12,000

Pakistan - 6,700

Vietnam - 5,300

Nepal - 5,100

Ireland - 4,900

South Africa - 4,300

Malaysia - 4,300

The list doesn't include New Zealand as their immigrants don't count as immigrants.

On 03/02/2017 at 7:00 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Out of curiosity, why doesn't Australia repatriate illegal migrants back to their countries of origin?

We do. But it's tricky if the country of origin won't accept them...https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/mar/15/iran-refuses-to-take-back-asylum-seekers-who-have-been-forcibly-returned

2 hours ago, Peter B said:

https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/statistics/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf

There's a list of country of origin, not ethnicity or religion. In order, the top ten are:

India - 40,000

China - 29,000

UK - 19,000

Philippines - 12,000

Pakistan - 6,700

Vietnam - 5,300

Nepal - 5,100

Ireland - 4,900

South Africa - 4,300

Malaysia - 4,300

The list doesn't include New Zealand as their immigrants don't count as immigrants.

What percentage of these are just renewing their resident alien status?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/3/2017 at 1:42 AM, Ellapennella said:

Give him a chance.

Australia doesn't  correctly take it up with  the countries from where these people lived.

Check out Australia's PM saying "He Will Always take up for Austrailia"  as he & that infamous  obama screwed the U.S over.  they had people already sailing over President Trump was honest "We don't want them".  So, what will the relations be between America and our fake ally Australia?

I wonder how the relationship IS going...

Donald Trump hails [fake ally's] 'merit-based' immigration system

Donald Trump has praised [fake ally’s] “merit-based” immigration system as an economic boon to the country, in contrast to the US system which, he argued before Congress, costs America “many billions of dollars a year”.

Speaking to a joint sitting of the houses of Congress on Tuesday night in Washington, Trump promised to reform the US immigration system and [fake ally's] as exemplars.

“[Fake ally's] ... like ... Australia ... – have a merit-based immigration system,” he said. “It is a basic principle that those seeking to enter a country ought to be able to support themselves financially.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/01/donald-trump-hails-australias-merit-based-immigration-system

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 3

We need to stop accepting refugees, it never helps anyone. Better to fund organizations which assist the people from where they're at.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trenix said:

We need to stop accepting refugees, it never helps anyone. Better to fund organizations which assist the people from where they're at.

RIP Les Murray

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Mommy! You're back from Pe-ru!

On 8/5/2017 at 11:36 AM, Trenix said:

It actually does help some people. It's the difference between life and death for many. The problem is that sinking lifeboat issue. At some point, there is no more room in the lifeboat, and if you take anymore people into it, the entire thing will sink. That surely won't help anybody. Naturally, the trick is to figure out when enough is enough. Everyone seems to disagree on that. 

There has to be a middle ground of taking the ones in the most desperate need (if a country can still do that), and aiding the people where they are (if that's even an option). 

Edited by ChaosRose