Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Psychic cat' goes viral in Russia

Still Waters

The bizarre story was told by the former owner of cat Charles Utkins, who inherited the pet from his aunt when she died. Dmitry R soon noticed the strange abilities of his new pet, for example appearing from behind locked doors at his home in Blagoveshchensk.

He explained: 'The doors to the rooms were closed, and the cat, shut away elsewhere, suddenly appears in the room from behind closed doors, although nobody let him go.

'He reads minds, but the worst thing - he inspires thoughts. And these thoughts will be fulfilled, they are impossible to resist. He made me go shopping and buy what he needed.

http://siberiantimes.com/weird-and-wonderful/news-and-features/news/n0850-psychic-cat-goes-viral-in-russia-and-is-bought-for-84000-by-clairvoyant/

• Like 5

'He reads minds, but the worst thing - he inspires thoughts. And these thoughts will be fulfilled, they are impossible to resist. He made me go shopping and buy what he needed.

I feel your pain, dude. 

• Like 3

See, my cat has the uncanny ability to sneak into whatever closet or drawer I open, and then render herself somehow invisible. 

Later, I'll hear the telltale mreow and have to go on a kitty hunt. 

I once found her in the little drawer under the oven. She had gotten in there somehow, unbeknownst to me, while I was putting away pots and pans. How she managed to slip in and hide herself, I just don't know. Cloaking capability, maybe? 

There are several appliances I never start before counting cats. One...two...ok, I can start the washing machine. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

Fascinating story. I do believe animals have psychic abilities we do not understand. Entering a closed off room would be physical evidence that could not be dismissed as the workings of human psychology. Psychic pet stories abound.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Fascinating story. I do believe animals have psychic abilities we do not understand. Entering a closed off room would be physical evidence that could not be dismissed as the workings of human psychology. Psychic pet stories abound.

:blink: wha?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I do believe animals have psychic abilities we do not understand.

Now why doesn't that surprise me? Suspicious.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Now why doesn't that surprise me? Suspicious.gif

Because of my open yet critical mind.

The paraphernalia is ready and waiting

il_fullxfull.429705847_kiuq.jpg 

• Like 2

Cats are not supposed to be a domesticated species as the Toxoplasma gondii parasite plays all sorts of tricks with the mind. The main issue is that the severity has not been publicised on a mass scale as we don't yet know the true damage to us on exposure though there are various neurological studies that identifies the parasites prescence in humans.

• Like 2

I really did LOL.

I just hope the kitty is ok.  

Yes, the cat made him go buy him tons of toys, treats, food, beds and scratching posts.  Hmmmm, I guess my cat wins the psychic ability award because she has more "stuff" than I do! 

Dogs have owners; cats have staff.

:D

On 1/29/2017 at 1:05 PM, AstralHorus said:

:blink: wha?

Can you possibly supply what lost you?

It sounds like somebody just didn't want a cat anymore, but didn't want to simply dump it. Otherwise, it's interesting--X-Cat, perhaps? Or maybe a personification of Heinlein's "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls"?

Pretty kitty, though.

Edited by brlesq1