Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A good sight, see the one on the NDE

markdohle

Wow Frank that's a crazy story. Did you get that 'I got a second chance feeling'? I could picture my Mom slapping the hell out of me, or the doctor, or both for scaring the hell out of her lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I shouldn't post this but it is not possible to refrain; I'm lying there dying of "kidney failure" and the neighbors are gathered around and the family are on their way from Vietnam and the doctor walks in and announces I only have a kidney infection and they will cure it with antibiotics and everyone can go home.  Within an hour I was walking around and I was released the next morning.  (Although the Dr did sober me by remarking that had I had this condition as little as twenty years ago I would have died).

Now that was an anti-climax if ever there was one.  All the symptoms were kidney failure, and that was what they thought at first, but they at least did the lab work.  My (and everyone else's) reaction of course was relief, but still, why can't I make up my mind whether to live or die?  

If you gotta die, let it be from kidney failure.  What I experienced was no discomfort, no suffering, just an inability to move --- gradually getting worse and worse.  (I have since come to refer to it as "fading out.")  Of course what I had was faux, but apparently those are the symptoms because that is what the doctors at first assumed.  My brain would order my arm to reach up and my arm would refuse.  It had something to do with my kidneys not cleansing the blood and this messing up my body's signaling system, or something -- I'm not a doctor and I don't know if this is typical or not.  I certainly thought I was dying and my only real reflection on it was that it ain't so bad and I'm lucky this is how it is to be.

By the way, no NDE, but then probably I hadn't gotten that bad yet.  I was still fully conscious.

Sherapy's words on what we say around the dying is important -- even if we assume they can't hear us -- that may not be so.  Normally when we say thoughtless or stupid things, we get forgiven because we have the ability to straighten it out or apologize, but when a person is dying that may not be possible.  Of course in that case a lot depends on our ability to forgive ourselves, and this is probably much the harder.

Glad you are good ⭐Frank.

Great advice on what we say around one dying,. 

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow Frank that's a crazy story. Did you get that 'I got a second chance feeling'? I could picture my Mom slapping the hell out of me, or the doctor, or both for scaring the hell out of her lol

Actually, no, although thinking about it I should have.  At the time I was just embarrassed I had caused so much fuss.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...