Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Commando Killed in Yemen

GlitterRose

Slain SEAL’s dad wants answers: ‘Don’t hide behind my son’s death’    

Owens, also a military veteran, was troubled by Trump’s harsh treatment of a Gold Star family during his presidential campaign. Now Owens was a Gold Star parent, and he said he had deep reservations about the way the decision was made to launch what would be his son’s last mission.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
fixed weird formatting

19 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Slain SEAL’s dad wants answers: ‘Don’t hide behind my son’s death’    

Owens, also a military veteran, was troubled by Trump’s harsh treatment of a Gold Star family during his presidential campaign. Now Owens was a Gold Star parent, and he said he had deep reservations about the way the decision was made to launch what would be his son’s last mission.

This man's son served with honor but that still gives no special rights to the father.  A non-classified report could be shared, he has no right to call for a special investigation that could spill intelligence secrets.  It's a shame that the father of a dead SEAL would act so disgracefully.  "Don't hide behind my son's death" is exactly what HE is doing, and for political purposes only.  Disgusting, but typical.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Edit quoted content
  • Like 1

Just now, and then said:

This man's son served with honor but that still gives no special rights to the father.  A non-classified report could be shared, he has no right to call for a special investigation that could spill intelligence secrets.  It's a shame that the father of a dead SEAL would act so disgracefully.  "Don't hide behind my son's death" is exactly what HE is doing, and for political purposes only.  Disgusting, but typical.

Not the response i expected, especially from you if im honest. 

• Like 1

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 6:28 PM, and then said:

That guy had a family and while he knew the risks, his death is still heartbreaking.  WAR is heartbreaking.  Having Americans that are far more concerned with using it as ammo to use politically are truly beyond contemptible.  They don't even care that THEY are acting worse than they accuse Trump of behaving.  Disgusting and shameful.

Thought you could hide your contempt behind that didn't you?

Wow your tune changed as soon as his family did speak up. 

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 4:08 PM, and then said:

Your post dishonors father and son.

Also a special investigation does not necessarily mean classified information would be released. Any information released to the public would be unclassified before that happens.

If released to investigators they would all be granted the proper clearance. 

-----------------

Here is another disgrace. Trump is blaming the military for his failures of running ops over dinner and then Tweeting about television while it was underway. He is a pathetic Commander in Chief tossing our best under the bus.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday dodged responsibility for a botched mission he ordered in Yemen last month, placing the onus on the military and Barack Obama’s administration instead.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

And they lied about the success of the mission.

The raid yielded no significant intelligence, U.S. officials told NBC News on Monday. Earlier this month, however, Pentagon officials said it produced “actionable intelligence.” So, too, did White House press secretary Sean Spicer, who initially called the raid “highly successful.” 

So when is Trump going to apologize?

“I think anyone who undermines the success of that raid owes an apology and [does] a disservice to the life of Chief Owens,” he said earlier this month. “The raid, the action that was taken in Yemen was a huge success.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-ryan-owens-seal-raid_us_58b58852e4b0780bac2d58c6?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

So when is Trump going to apologize?

Probably right after Obama does.  The SEAL's wife was his guest last night and seemed touched by his tribute.  The father is acting like a political hack.  And yes, he's disgraceful.  Apparently, with the new administration, anyone with a grievance gets to yell, scream and hold their breath until an investigation can prove no one was guilty of anything.  That's a lot of downtime during a war.  As we push to retake Mosul (thanks to O damn Bama) and position forces for northern Syria against ISIS, there isn't going to be time to stop for every death. The men who chose the job of being the tip of the spear KNOW that.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Probably right after Obama does.

<snip>

The father is acting like a political hack.  

<snip rant>

No, you are.

I just listened to what Trump said about how he blamed the Military... to be honest, what a Piece of ****. He is not a leader, he is not a person with an ounce of courage. He is plain and simple a dictator who expects to get his way and if he doesn't get it he blames others or lashes out. 

He authorized the mission, he is the final commander of the United States Military, he is responsible for all those under his command, he is responsible for the death of CPO Owens ultimately. 

What a coward.

Edited by Thanato
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Thanato said:

I just listened to what Trump said about how he blamed the Military... to be honest, what a Piece of ****. He is not a leader, he is not a person with an ounce of courage. He is plain and simple a dictator who expects to get his way and if he doesn't get it he blames others or lashes out. 

He authorized the mission, he is the final commander of the United States Military, he is responsible for all those under his command, he is responsible for the death of CPO Owens ultimately. 

What a coward.

Funny that, I don't recall you becoming so incensed during Obammy's 8 years of drone strikes and dead civilians.  Could there be a wee bit of political bias creeping in?  Or are you simply a straight up hypocrite?

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Funny that, I don't recall you becoming so incensed during Obammy's 8 years of drone strikes and dead civilians.  Could there be a wee bit of political bias creeping in?  Or are you simply a straight up hypocrite?

Drones have their place, however I do not once remember a time when Obama blamed the deaths of Service Men and Women on missions that he ordered on his Generals.

He passed the buck saying that the generals killed him when he was the one who authorized the mission. He is the one who had last call for go or no go. He is the one responsible and he is the one who decided to say "hey its not my fault the generals did it"... that is what p***es me off. He is the Commander of the United States Armed Forces, he is the top tier in command and he was the one who gave the order to go. At the end of the day he is not a leader. he is a coward who doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions. A leader needs to take responsibility for his or her orders, trump failed to do that. He could of said that "I gave the order and as a result I am ultimately responsible for CPO Owens death." instead he said that the Generals lost him.

That is what makes him a piece of **** in my eye. Like any other piece of **** individual in the chain of command who fails to take respectability. They blame others, subordinate to them.

Edited by Thanato

On 2/2/2017 at 0:01 PM, and then said:

I just heard the voice of an old college prof when I saw this.  This is a classic case of a "spurious correlation"    Like, Ice cream consumption goes up in the summer, pregnancies go up in the summer, wow, ice cream causes pregnancies!  When some people of this nation are so politically polarized that they no longer can show respect to our uniformed dead, and in fact, post up accounts of the action as a way of scoring political points in some meaningless argument on a Forum board, then I think my description comes close to the bone.  I have never been a subtle person.  When I express myself about a topic that I care deeply about, I can be absolutely withering unless I watch myself.  I actually did not have you, specifically, in mind when I wrote that comment.  I was thinking of all those people we are hearing from, at an increasing volume and shrillness, who seem truly at the point of hysteria over this new president.  I neither know nor care how old you are, lady, but I can't imagine that you are unaware of the difference of tone that has crept into our politics in the last 2 decades.  We have been, roughly, evenly split as an electorate for 17 years or more but even after Bush/Gore in 2000, which truly could have been a Constitutional crisis, we remembered we were Americans, finally.  We knew that this choice comes every 4 years and that sometimes we win and sometimes we lose but we still live and work and worship together and 9-11 taught us that we all face the same dangers.  The change in the discourse this time around has sundered all the traditions of the past for etiquette, or even basic and decent behavior toward our new president.  I didn't vote for John McCain in 2008 because I felt he was too mired in Washington.  I thank God that he didn't win because apparently the man is insane and thinks of military force as a solution for every problem.  I gave president Obama a fair chance to see how he would govern.  The guy is my age and certainly is a polished orator when working from a prepared speech.  I watched him, nearly from day one, disrespect his former senate colleagues and do victory laps during negotiations with them.  He set the tone and never looked back.  As an aside, I assume you understand the tradition of 60 senate votes being required for cloture regarding the vote for a Supreme Court nominee.  That wasn't written into the Constitution, it is simply a traditional set of rules in the Senate and can be changed by the will of the majority.  The now retired senate leader Harry Reid (Nev) decided in 2013 that the republican controlled congress would not be allowed to perform their constitutionally mandated duty and act as a brake against a sitting president whose agenda was virulently unacceptable to about half the country.  He further laid groundwork and made statements that if the repubs tried blocking the new president (HAD to be Hillary, after all) then those senate rules could be changed again, by golly, and the minority party wouldn't even be allowed to filibuster at all.  I think the Progressives had truly believed that history could be torn up and tossed out without any repercussions.  

Trump's election has been a disaster of unknowable magnitude for the Left.  They CANNOT stop him by conventional means for at least two years.  I guess they figure that if they scream and chant and fill the airwaves with their own special flavor of "news" then maybe they can injure or even cripple his plans for the country.  Rose, this country is not permanent, not a guaranteed bastion that we cannot destroy.  As mighty as America is today, it can still be killed from within if the individual citizens begin to truly hate "the other" and fear their fellow citizens more than external threats.  Lincoln, at a time just such as this, wisely intoned that "A house divided against itself cannot stand"  I believe that.  As almost unimaginable as it would have been to me 20 years ago, I have to admit that violence in our streets is a real possibility because of part of our citizenry refusing to honor our ONLY connection to the future.  If we cannot pass power peacefully then the American experiment as we've known it, is over.  All that is left is aligning into tribes while we fight over the infrastructure.  That would be a pathetic, pitiable end to a mighty nation.  I think American citizens should rise up during this time of crisis and DEMAND that our state legislatures gather for a Constitution of States so that the D.C. swamp can TRULY be drained.  It may be the last hope for the survival of America.

They've plotted for decades , one little step at a time.