Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Almost time for the 2nd coming?

Duke Wellington

A person (in this case Jesus) lives his/her life and then dies.

The philosophers debate for eons over the mind-body problem - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind–body_problem With the group that believe the mind exists separately, or in part separately, from the human body then they quote peoples claims of near death experiences as proof.

So, we go into a church holding relics of the cross and nails used to crucify Christ. We examine them under a microscope. All we need is 1 blood cell or enough cellular debris to construct a stem cell. We clone a new Christ. What happens if the mind does exist separately or in part separate from the human body. Will that new being reconnect with Christ's mind?

We are already there where we could attempt this.

• Like 2

Assuming that Jesus even existed, that's not really how cloning works. If we found blood from an individual and cloned it from a single cell (not something we can currently do), the resulting lifeform would be genetically identical, but would look different and have different experiences, therefore resulting in a different creature. No amount of science, religion, or wishful thinking will ever create everyone's favourite probably-mythological jewish carpenter.

• Like 6

With consideration to the recent spate of dysfunctional polarization, fear, and hate displayed in world events and politics, I might argue that you might not have too long to wait. I suspect the eschatologists are now assiduously contemplating the Trump effect.

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, godnodog said:

Even if they could clone Bajisas they still havent found a way to clonememories and holy spirit.

This implies that its been tested when it hasn't. No cloning of a human has occurred so on what grounds can we say that a part of the mind doesnt exist separately from the brain waiting to be reconnected too?

13 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

No cloning of a human has occurred so on what grounds can we say that a part of the mind doesnt exist separately from the brain waiting to be reconnected too?

We don't know for 100% that some covert human cloning hasn't occurred. The only way the 'mind' as you call it can be transferred into a cloned body is through some really advanced technology. Where a copy of the persons memories and habits have been 'downloaded' into some neural network. 

Here's something to think about.

https://withaterriblefate.com/2016/02/12/why-soma-is-more-fact-than-fiction/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

This implies that its been tested when it hasn't. No cloning of a human has occurred so on what grounds can we say that a part of the mind doesnt exist separately from the brain waiting to be reconnected too?

Ray Kurzweil certainly believed it was possible.  He posited that a computer with enough power and memory could be used to download all a person's memories AND all the aspects of the organic brain that makes them "human" and the individual could then live as long as he chose to live.  He never answered a question about the soul or spirit, though.   No offense to your thread, RM, but there's no need to "recreate" Jesus :)  And I believe He'll be along directly.  All signs point to that and I think even the virulent deniers are gonna be working harder to maintain their stance just prior to His return.  It all gets down to intellectual pride with them and I understand the inability to easily put that aside.  To paraphrase what  Ricky used to say, though, they gonna have some 'splainin' to do! :P

• Like 1

If human civilization crumbles, a new charismatic figure could appear and take control to make civilization great again.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Cloning a human is a matter  more of ethics than technical. Geneticists have explained over and over again that a cooned individual is not the original individual, asmemories, personal experiences are not clonable (at this moment is pure scifi).  So if you cant even create a clone with all that makes us who we are, there is no way to bring back the soul, assuming that it exists. Another thing, and this is me speculating, is what would happen if we could replicate with acuracy on a quantum level a person? I apoligize for any errors in my text.

While we have no knowledge of human cloning, we do know from animal cloning that the clone is not a carbon copy of the original. 

A good example is the first cloned cat and its clone:

Image: Cc and Rainbow

Rainbow is on the left an its clone CC is on the right. They don't even have the same colouring.

The same can be said for dog cloning:

Mini Winnie, left, was created in a South Korean laboratory using the DNA from her pet dog Winnie, right

This time the clone is the one on the left.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
Added another example
  • Like 1

On 31/1/2017 at 9:11 PM, RabidMongoose said:

The philosophers debate for eons over the mind-body problem - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind–body_problem With the group that believe the mind exists separately, or in part separately, from the human body then they quote peoples claims of near death experiences as proof.

So, we go into a church holding relics of the cross and nails used to crucify Christ. We examine them under a microscope. All we need is 1 blood cell or enough cellular debris to construct a stem cell. We clone a new Christ. What happens if the mind does exist separately or in part separate from the human body. Will that new being reconnect with Christ's mind?

Even if we assume that Jesus existed the sheer number of relics means that the majority of them must be fakes, so how would you go about establishing that it was his DNA on the relic ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

The earth is not overpopulated.  Large parts may be underfed or otherwise doing without things, but the earth's carrying capacity is far above the present population.  The problems are cause by greed and things like immigration barriers and tariffs, not overpopulation.

• Like 2

I don't see where "bringing back" cloned people would bring back the original people.  It would only bring back cloned people.  Even if these clones had all the original memories, it still would not be the original person but only a clone that thinks its the real person.

• Like 4

I might be going into some sciency technocalities here, but wouldn't we have to also deal with replicant fading? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I'm getting way too involved in scifi shows point of view. ( I'm remembering ST:TNG, the movie with Micheal Keaton in it, and such other things. But, like I was noticing in the post with the cloned kitty and original kitty and the cloned doggie and the original doggie, but it looked like to me like where some colors were suppose to be, just didn't show up. And Frank, I think, brought up a good point. It wouldn't be the same person. How is one to know, what deep motives a cloned individual would have? 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2017 at 3:11 PM, RabidMongoose said:

I don't believe that God  will ever allow that to occur. 

• Like 1

It's always been almost time for the second coming.

• Like 2

Just now, StarMountainKid said:

according to what? because the signs have never all been there before as they are now appearing in our lifetime,it could be 100 years from now, who knows but God ?  you would have to understand how to read the bible to understand prophecy and how it is revealed.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2017 at 6:07 PM, and then said:

He posited that a computer with enough power and memory could be used to download all a person's memories AND all the aspects of the organic brain that makes them "human" and the individual could then live as long as he chose to live. 

I don't think that 'the individual' really lives though, I think the individual will die normally and be oblivious to this 'life' copy that exists in the computer. 

All signs point to that and I think even the virulent deniers are gonna be working harder to maintain their stance just prior to His return.  It all gets down to intellectual pride with them and I understand the inability to easily put that aside. 

It doesn't have anything to do with intellectual pride, it has to do with the simple observation that Christians for 2 millennia (IMO, including Jesus himself!) have been saying the return of Christ is imminent and have been wrong.  Lots of Christians have finally taken it to heart that the Bible is not a science book, if only they could realize it's not a psychology book either...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

And it always will be. That's what happens when you have a cosmology revolving around the mystery return of an enigmatic figure.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

according to what? because the signs have never all been there before as they are now appearing in our lifetime,it could be 100 years from now, who knows but God ?  you would have to understand how to read the bible to understand prophecy and how it is revealed.

Yet the bible also says this:

"Behold, I come quickly" Revelation 22:7

So far "quickly" have taken close to 2000 years. :innocent:

• Like 3

How many molecules of air that Jesus breathed are in each breath we take?

With each breath we take we inhale many molecules of the air which Jesus breathed during his life ! Estimate how many such molecules of Jesus’s breaths we inhale in each breath. Use the following assumptions and be careful with units. All the air which Jesus breathed in his entire life is by now completely... show more With each breath we take we inhale many molecules of the air which Jesus breathed during his life ! Estimate how many such molecules of Jesus’s breaths we inhale in each breath.

Use the following assumptions and be careful with units.

All the air which Jesus breathed in his entire life is by now completely mixed up in the entire atmosphere.
As determined by Avogadro, one atomic weight of any gas contains 6x1023 molecules and occupies a volume of 22.4 Liters.
One square inch base area of an atmospheric column weighs 15 pounds.
E.g. one pound is 454 grams.
Air is roughly 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen. Determine the average atomic weight of air molecules.

Steps to follow to answer the question.

Estimate the volume of air a person breathes in liters per second.
Estimate the number of Liters of air Jesus must have breathed in his life.
Assume that Jesus always breathed fresh air with every breath, he did not intake any of the air he breathed out.

•  
  •  
How many molecules of air that Jesus breathed are in each breath we take?

With each breath we take we inhale many molecules of the air which Jesus breathed during his life ! Estimate how many such molecules of Jesus’s breaths we inhale in each breath.

Use the following assumptions and be careful with units.

All the air which Jesus breathed in his entire life is by now completely mixed up in the entire atmosphere.
As determined by Avogadro, one atomic weight of any gas contains 6x1023 molecules and occupies a volume of 22.4 Liters.
One square inch base area of an atmospheric column weighs 15 pounds.
E.g. one pound is 454 grams.
Air is roughly 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen. Determine the average atomic weight of air molecules.

Steps to follow to answer the question.

Estimate the volume of air a person breathes in liters per second.
Estimate the number of Liters of air Jesus must have breathed in his life.
Assume that Jesus always breathed fresh air with every breath, he did not intake any of the air he breathed out.
Estimate the total weight of the earth’s atmosphere in grams.
Estimate the total number of molecules in the earth’s atmosphere.
What fraction of these molecules are the same as those which Jesus inhaled.
If this is the same fraction of molecules in the air you breathe in, how many molecules of Jesus

Jesus  is within:) his return will always be with in us.  

Edited by docyabut2