Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Almost time for the 2nd coming?

Duke Wellington

58 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No it wouldn't. Because I know that those I love actually exist. Unlike the subjectivity of "God's Love". Which is largely a product of cognitive bias and dopamine.

Well my opinion is different because the reality for me is a very real and present God not some abstract religious image. Remember, cognitive bias works both ways especially when one knows there is also a blind spot in your awareness when it comes to things immaterial or spiritual. A dimension many of you skeptics refuse to acknowledge the existence of...

But it really doesn't matter what I say, these conversations all tend to end in the same place.... 

Better to say, we respectfully but completely agree to disagree with each ohers position.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

No it wouldn't. Because I know that those I love actually exist. Unlike the subjectivity of "God's Love". Which is largely a product of cognitive bias and dopamine.

Are you really an occultist? Because this is a typical response you'd expect from a die-hard materialist.

Even the most psychology-oriented chaos magician out there wouldn't claim that experiencing ''God's love'' is only the product of dopaminergic neurons firing up in the brain.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

7 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Are you really an occultist? Because this is a typical response you'd expect from a die-hard materialist.

Even the most psychology-oriented chaos magician out there wouldn't claim that experiencing ''God's love'' is only the product of dopaminergic neurons firing up in the brain.

How many chaote's do you know? There is something called the psychological paradigm in magick, look into it.

Do we see the stirrings of a one world economy, a one world government, and a one world religion coming into fruition as prophesied? How far are we away from those three things actually becoming a reality?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

Do we see the stirrings of a one world economy, a one world government, and a one world religion coming into fruition as prophesied? How far are we away from those three things actually becoming a reality?

Just a little longer.... although a one world government is not actually necessary.

There are dynamic movements that push countries in the same direction. Capitalism, banking, and crises after crises. If a sufficiently charismatic leader arises, the world governments will follow his ideology without necessarily all submitting formally.

The center is Europe and the Roman Empire and its borders (East and West). That is where the action will take place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Just a little longer.... although a one world government is not actually necessary.

There are dynamic movements that push countries in the same direction. Capitalism, banking, and crises after crises. If a sufficiently charismatic leader arises, the world governments will follow his ideology without necessarily all submitting formally.

The center is Europe and the Roman Empire and its borders (East and West). That is where the action will take place.

There are also variety interfaith movements taking place as well, consolidation of religion by common ground.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

There are also variety interfaith movements taking place as well, consolidation of religion by common ground.

Agreed. When they decide to form a common interfaith religion abandoning their historic faiths, then that will certainly be an indicator. A major step in the right direction, people will say. A huge leap for mankind, a bright future in religious circles. I can certainly see many on this board heralding this positive step for mankind.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Agreed. When they decide to form a common interfaith religion abandoning their historic faiths, then that will certainly be an indicator. A major step in the right direction, people will say. A huge leap for mankind, a bright future in religious circles. I can certainly see many on this board heralding this positive step for mankind.

Do we really think the people of the world would agree to a common interfaith religion, let alone a universal political system? Just wondering how this would come about.

Order from chaos. If enough catastrophic events fall into place with domino like effect (as prophesied), people will beg for a savior, doesn't matter which religion they are.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StarMountainKid said:

Do we really think the people of the world would agree to a common interfaith religion, let alone a universal political system? Just wondering how this would come about.

Not exactly willingly, but they will be encouraged to accept this. The secular authorities will probably encourage this transition, probably by creating a few incidents that will anger entire populations against the traditional faiths, who will be progressively ostracized to the point of being called terrorist or sympathizers.

There may come a time when to hold a traditional faith will be seen as barbaric and a stain on progressive humanity who is moving into an enlightened period.

The universal political system already exists and has been adopted by many nations. It's called capitalism, which then opens the way for corruption of the politicians themselves who no matter their political inclinations will be held in its power. Does this seem familiar?

Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!

• Like 1

I just can't imagine the religious giving up their particular faiths. I think any coercion would incite violence or at the least mass protests. It's been tried before.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

I just can't imagine the religious giving up their particular faiths. I think any coercion would incite violence or at the least mass protests. It's been tried before.

True Christians won't be around for much of that, if there is an actual rapture like event. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue? Millions of people...loved ones, just gone. How would that be explained?

Top that off with WW3, and a global financial collapse, that would probably be enough to do it. Those who don't go along with the game plan, don't eat.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

There wouldn't be coercion. There would be encouragement.

How do you encourage people in today's world?

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

4 hours ago, WoIverine said:

True Christians won't be around for much of that,

What are true christians ?

if there is an actual rapture like event.

There is no pre-tribulations rapture mentioned in the bible. It only really became popular in the 19th century.

Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue? Millions of people...loved ones, just gone. How would that be explained?

We will know when/if it happens, which as I said earlier is highly unlikely.

Top that off with WW3, and a global financial collapse, that would probably be enough to do it. Those who don't go along with the game plan, don't eat.

Brought to you by the mercifull and benevolent god. :innocent:

Why is it that we need the tribulation anyway ? Surely a god that is allknowing would allready know who deserves saving. If on the other hand he have to test people to see if they are worthy of saving doesn't that mean that he isn't allknowing ? If he isn't allknowing how can he know who to rapture ?

6 hours ago, WoIverine said:

Do we see the stirrings of a one world economy,

Not really. If anything we are seing a movement towards protectionism.

a one world government,

Not even close. In fact we see more and more nationalism these days.

and a one world religion coming into fruition as prophesied?

Good luck trying to bring Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism etc, together as one religion. Not going to happen.

How far are we away from those three things actually becoming a reality?

As I have just outlined: Very far away indeed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jor-el said:

There wouldn't be coercion. There would be encouragement.

How do you encourage people in today's world?

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Reminds me of a short one page story I wrote some time ago on money, religion and the 2nd coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StarMountainKid said:

Reminds me of a short one page story I wrote some time ago on money, religion and the 2nd coming.

Pretty much true. All the real opposition to the idea after all wouldn't be around as all the real believers would have all been taken by the rapture.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

What are true christians ?

There is no pre-tribulations rapture mentioned in the bible. It only really became popular in the 19th century.

We will know when/if it happens, which as I said earlier is highly unlikely.

Brought to you by the mercifull and benevolent god. :innocent:

Why is it that we need the tribulation anyway ? Surely a god that is allknowing would allready know who deserves saving. If on the other hand he have to test people to see if they are worthy of saving doesn't that mean that he isn't allknowing ? If he isn't allknowing how can he know who to rapture ?

Permit me if I may to answer your questions...

True Christians are the ones God has determined to be the true believers, irrespective of the multiple religious denominations and even religions. It has always been up to him and was never a human based decision, who goes and who doesn't.

The rapture is indeed mentioned in the bible at least twice. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the idea has literally been around for as long as Christianity. So no.... it did not become popular in the 19th century nor was it invented in the 19th century.

And yes, generally the world will know when this happens, but I'm betting that some heavy spin control will be applied by governments to declare it to be a natural event, like a disease that consumes the body or a terrorist attack which will allow them even greater control over peoples lives in a declared state of emergency.

Brought to you by a benevolent God? No, brought to you by people who pressed the button, God won't be pressing any buttons or helping the chaos humanity has created for itself. It is merely the due date for the bill that humanity has incurred on itself. There is always a day of payment. It's really a simple matter of karma. You bring on yourself all the good and bad you give others.

We don't need a tribulation, God didn't design the tribulation, we could even avoid the whole thing totally. The simple fact is that things are not predestined, but they are foreknown by God. God simply chooses not to let his people suffer the consequences of humanity's self destructiveness.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Not really. If anything we are seing a movement towards protectionism.

Not even close. In fact we see more and more nationalism these days.

Good luck trying to bring Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism etc, together as one religion. Not going to happen.

As I have just outlined: Very far away indeed.

Or closer than you might think.

Countries can be Protectionist and still belong to the globalized community. As a matter of fact it is a given if they don't want to collapse in on themselves, like Venezuela. That globalism is a given and a fact irrespective of peoples or countries wishes.

Nationalism is under exactly the same pressure. Living in the EU, I know what it's like to live in a country who is apparently Independent, but whose policies are made in Berlin.

Just 2 week ago, all the Christian and Muslim leaders met in Egypt, all in favor of peace and goodwill toward each other.

https://cruxnow.com/pope-francis-in-egypt/2017/04/30/popes-trip-egypt-may-one-big-deal-moments/

On 5/8/2017 at 11:08 AM, WoIverine said:

I think a strong case could be made that we're already there...

On 5/8/2017 at 2:27 PM, StarMountainKid said:

Thing about faiths is that you don't really need to have people agree to a common one.  It is unlikely to be a war of faiths, but rather, just a diffusion of all of them into a blended whole, just as is happening and has been happening with religions for the past millenia.  I don't think there is any such thing as a "pure" religion anymore, if there ever was.  As time goes on, and the need filled by religion is met through other means, purists will be more and more isolated until their numbers simply dwindle into nothingness.  As much as anyone would like to go out with a Michael Bay-ian bang, chances are that they will go out with a whimper.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, No Solid Ground said:

I think a strong case could be made that we're already there...

Oh, heavens no, but that gets complex.  One of my points that I taught to my Japanese business students was the difference between doing business globally, and what a global civilization would actually be.

• Like 1

When was the fist comming, just not sure