Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

James Cameron finds 'evidence of Atlantis'

UM-Bot

Does anything you posted show that more than Plato mentioned a place hat was at war with Athens? No.

Does anything you posted show that this story i s more truthful than any of the other stories that are supposed to be truthful? No.

That's a failure.

6 minutes ago, Proclus said:

No, this is not my argument. Herodotus, Diodorus, Plato, Manetho, etc. etc., they all have a very clear idea of how old Egypt is. The numbers differ slightly, or are a terminus-ante-quem only, but the idea is clear.

So it is not just "a long time ago". This sounds like fairy tale.

And concerning "established" Athenian history, I have to point you to the same Gomperz article as stereologist:

https://www.atlantis-scout.de/atlantis_gomperz.htm

An article that says "Plato may have made up Atlantis, or he may have based in on events from known history" is utterly ground-breaking. Especially one that brings in "The Sea People". 

Im asking an Atlantis expert - when in Athenian history did the war with Atlantis happen? Obviously before Plato. Was it during the Delian League period? Or during the dictatorship of Hippias? Or around the time they fought the Persians? 

36 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

An article that says "Plato may have made up Atlantis, or he may have based in on events from known history" is utterly ground-breaking. Especially one that brings in "The Sea People". 

Im asking an Atlantis expert - when in Athenian history did the war with Atlantis happen? Obviously before Plato. Was it during the Delian League period? Or during the dictatorship of Hippias? Or around the time they fought the Persians? 

Even your citations are forged. THIS IS NOT FAIR!

Neither "Plato may have made up Atlantis, or he may have based in on events from known history" nor "The Sea People" (in singular) occurs in the article.

And you simply do not take notice of what the article really says.

This tells me that you have well understood this article, and that you do not like its message. You do not like it at all. I caught you.

5 minutes ago, Proclus said:

Neither "Plato may have made up Atlantis, or he may have based in on events from known history" nor "The Sea People" (in singular) occurs in the article.

This tells me that you have well understood this article, and that you do not like its message. You do not like it at all. I caught you.

Needs more colours and font changes imo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Proclus said:

So the "Sea People" and "Sea Peoples" are not the same?

9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So the "Sea People" and "Sea Peoples" are not the same?

He may be upset that he used the term "Sea-Nations".

He really is into arguing the trivia instead of actually finding Atlantis.

From his website: https://www.atlantis-scout.de/atlantis-franke-books.htm

Towards a well-founded theory of Atlantis as a real place 2018/19 (?)

The next steps will be to elaborate Plato's concept of "Platonic Myth" in respect to the Atlantis account. Then a fully elaborated existence theory can be published. And on the basis of this theory, it will be possible to identify the real place of Atlantis reliably.

You should elaborate things.

Again a subchapter turns to a book: My history of Atlantis hypotheses 2016

What was planned as a subchapter of the coming book turned out to grow and grow until it was clear that it had to be published as a book on its own: My critical history of Atlantis hypotheses, published in 2016. The same had already happened with the Aristotle book which was intended to be a sub-sub-chapter. I could draw more evidence from the history of Atlantis hypotheses than I had expected before I started this work.

Take things as they come along.

Finding Plato's Atlantis where Plato did not expect it to be 2018/19 (?)

If you like this approach and if you want to get more and deeper insight into the Atlantis problem than others, then please have a look at my research books! But beware: These are no easy picture books. Reading these books means work. Many footnotes are awaiting you, documenting the correctness of all statements. These books are written only for those few who really want to know.

You should not do things by halves.

Do you want to support me and my research plan?

You cannot support my research directly. Time, not money, is the key factor. But you can contribute to my motivation and you can open access for others to my research! Not much is needed: Each sold book, each facebook message, each review on Amazon increases my motivation to invest more time and provides the opportunity to others to get to know of my research – thank you very much!

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Proclus said:

I didn't really agree with you before, but since you started posting in big bright letters I have become convinced. :whistle:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I didn't really agree with you before, but since you started posting in big bright letters I have become convinced. :whistle:

He seems to think that everyone disagrees with him because they don't like or dislike things. Its getting more and more bizarre! lol

Yes, the colors add a festive air to his discussion of his own ideas - which oddly he seems to support. I would suggest that he use a white font to really underscore its importance.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Finding Plato's Atlantis where Plato did not expect it to be 2018/19 (?)

If you like this approach and if you want to get more and deeper insight into the Atlantis problem than others, then please have a look at my research books! But beware: These are no easy picture books. Reading these books means work. Many footnotes are awaiting you, documenting the correctness of all statements. These books are written only for those few who really want to know.

You should not do things by halves.

It would seem the ultimate goal for Proclus is to WRITE a solution to the Atlantis problem. That is certainly fine, we can add that to scores/hundreds of others that have been penned, I suspect, as I had mentioned before, that he had no intention of actually FINDING Atlantis instead his motivation is to just try and convince people it was REALLLLLLY possible that it might have existed, suitable adapted from what Plato wrote..

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3

That statement is rather strange. We wouldn't be having a discussion if we took all of your ideas without thinking or challenging them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

It would seem the ultimate goal for Proclus is to WRITE a solution to the Atlantis problem. That is certainly fine, we can add that to scores/hundreds of others that have been penned, I suspect, as I had mentioned before, that he had no intention of actually FINDING Atlantis instead his motivation is to just try and convince people it was REALLLLLLY possible that it might have existed, suitable adapted from what Plato wrote..

Fixed it for you.

• Like 5

Critias

By Plato

Written 360 B.C.E

Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows-* The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.

THE END
 The writing could be a myth of Zeus, telling on the destructions  of a honorable race Minoans on  Thera and  Crete           

As soon as she did so, Zeus ran to the sea and carried her all the way from Phoenicia to the island of Crete. There he regained his human form and mated with her under an evergreen tree. This was the abduction of Europa, who later gave birth to three sons of Zeus, Minos, Rhadamanthys and Sarpedon. These men were known for their fairness and became the three judges of the Underworld, when they died. In fact, Minos founded the town of Knossos and gave his name to an entire civilization, the Minoan civilization.

5 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Is it just me, or has this thread grown quite redundant and tedious?

I think the Evil Overlord Mummy Moderator have a point.

pWRgQZi-Rev--Imgur_zpsb29aenho.gif

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

• The topic was locked