Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 10
OverSword

Violence from the left

1,403 posts in this topic

Is that the person who is an alt-right troll and also got kicked off Twitter for harassing a female?

Here is Milo talking about it.

In the free market place of ideas the best way to have your opinion heard, considered, thought about and placed under the pressure of scrutiny...or silenced by tossing a massive riot and stymie any thoughts that flow against your narrative.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was watching the news this morning and there was a story in which UC Berkley cancelled a talk from right wing speaker Milo Yiannopoulos due to violent protests from the left in which they attacked the police with small explosives, assaulted people that were there to attend the talk, and vandalized businesses.  As they were interviewing a man in his late 50's or early 60's with a bloody nose it occurred to me that I recognized this behavior.  This is exactly what the Nazis of Germany did in the 1930's to people with dissenting opinions or who were open to other points of view.  The left needs to do something about their violent members and the members of the anarchy movement that frequently join them.

The story also mentioned that President Trump tweeted something about cutting federal funding to colleges that don't allow free speech.

Here is a link to an article

My one question is was this guy being paid for his appearance and if so by whom? It seems to me that if the university is spending student money then they have a right to protest how its being spent. 

Other than that factor I agree , other perspectives should be heard and debated internally, not shouted down 

Edited by Farmer77
3 people like this

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

No.  Milo said Leslie Jones should be ashamed of herself for playing the insulting black caricature stereotypical female rather that using this chance to give black women a more positive image, at which point his followers started tweeting racist comments.  Then twitter decided he must take responsibility for the tweets of other people and shut down his twitter account so the entire incident actually says more about the liberal left agenda of twitter than it does about Milo. 

This is true.

7 people like this

4 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

In fact, since the left demonstrates that any black that doesn't do liberal bidding is an "Uncle Tom" or "mediocre negro", what does that make Milo? Aunt fa****t"?

Amazing, isn't it? They claim to want to bring black society out of poverty and increase their cultural standing yet they criticize any member of black society that tries to rise above it all.

Reminds me of Government handouts and other methods they abuse to actually "keep the black man down". What's more disturbing - the open but mostly subtle racism of some Republicans or the Democrats who pretend to be your friend while pimping out your culture for votes?

8 people like this

38 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The story also mentioned that President Trump tweeted something about cutting federal funding to colleges that don't allow free speech.

Good. They need a strong reminder that "free speech" includes opinions you don't agree with. It won't stifle the protests of "snowflakes" (despite how they will frame it,) but it will allow the other side to equally voice their opinions as well. If that isn't free speech, i don't know what is.

6 people like this

I guess we can take comfort in the fact that all they're doing is burning down and vandalizing their own liberal institutions like Berkley. These idiots only hurt themselves but they're too stupid to see it.

5 people like this

1 minute ago, hatecraft said:

They're also doing a bang up job of getting Trump reelected.

That's the truth.  The more the left rages, the less Trump actually has to do.

6 people like this

So awesome...

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

They're also doing a bang up job of getting Trump reelected.

:lol: Most people I know who voted for Trump held their noses and did so solely because of his opponent.  I think once a viable (i.e not hillary) option is presented the majority will turn that direction. 

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Good. They need a strong reminder that "free speech" includes opinions you don't agree with. It won't stifle the protests of "snowflakes" (despite how they will frame it,) but it will allow the other side to equally voice their opinions as well. If that isn't free speech, i don't know what is.

"Snowflakes"? What does snowflakes mean..

2 minutes ago, SNR said:

"Snowflakes"? What does snowflakes mean..

Snowflake is a derogatory term used by the right to describe anyone they disagree with  the liberal college students who were upset by the election. It's definition and use have certainly spread since its inception. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Snowflake is a derogatory term used by the right to describe anyone they disagree with  the liberal college students who were upset by the election. It's definition and use have certainly spread since its inception. 

Thanks for the heads up.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Trump threatens to take away funding from Berkley

Edited by Rinna
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Trump threatens to take away funding from Berkley

Good.  But, why threaten?  Just do it.  It's like telling a rattler that if you bite me I'm going to take away your money.  Like a even understands the reasons behind the request.  It's going to bite you anyway.

Edited by Thorvir
8 people like this

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Ill bet thatll throw some fuel into the Calexit engine 

Calexit? As in...California seceding? 

1 person likes this