Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the black blob creature

Melissa40

It was about 4:45am on July 16, 2016. I had to be at work by 5:30am. I was riding my bike to grab some coffee before work really quick. So, I  was peddling as fast as my bike would carry me. It was just before dawn, and I had my headlight on. My headlight on my bike is a very very bright one. I rounded a corner to cut through an alleyway shortcut. I was going so fast that i was focusing my vision and attention on the front wheel of my bike as I started to make the turn. I remember the bright beam of the headlight shining out over the front wheel and beyond like a lighthouse beacon. I was worried about the front wheel skidding on the dirt and didn't want to crash. As I focused on my front tire and the beam of light shining out in front of me, the headlight illuminated a strange black creature that reminded me of a sea anemone or sea urchin. It was about the size of a small cocker spaniel. It had no discernable head or body that I could make out. I did see that it was covered in what looked like tentacles or weird appendages that had some little dingle ball things on the end of each of its "arms"  and it looked blacker than black in color. So dark that it appeared to have a little black cloud of filth floating around it like an aura or that pigpen kid from the Peanuts comic strip. When the light hit it, it let out a grunting snort of some strange sound that I have never heard before. To me, the creature sounded like the light either hurt it or at the very least made it mad. I got the impression that I had only seen it because I had came upon it so quickly and had surprised it before it had a chance to run or conceal itself. It freaked me out so much that I skidded to a stop. Then, the thing went straight up a six foot brick wall and disappeared. I have never seen anything alive move that quickly either. As I just stood there looking around for some sign of where it had went, I remember thinking that this must be some kinda prank perhaps. Maybe a realistic puppet on a string? However, I thoroughly checked out the entire area without finding any sign or clue of anything at all like that. It bothered me so much that when I got to work, I immediately wrote down everything I could remember noticing about the blob like creature. I have complete 100% faith that the thing I saw was a living creature of some kind. I have since wondered if it is from this dimension, or planet. It really worries me when I think about it. I set up a motion activated wireless camera in that alley. Unfortunately, somebody stole it. I feel like I should let somebody in authority know about what I saw. But without any proof, I know that my claims would be quickly dismissed as the ravings of a lunatic. I have also done extensive research on what the heck that thing could be. This forum is the only place I can find anything similar to my experience mentioned. 

• Like 3

Seems like it's happening fairly often that people are seeing this black, furry blob. 

We had an experience, along with lots of other phenomena, but I was able to oust it all. I realized that both of us, under extreme trauma and grief, were actually producing it. I was able to get rid of it all once I realized that. 

The phenomena is real in that it can be experienced, but hollow in that it's not independent. You just have to take back whatever you put out to make it manifest. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Sounds more paranormal, and probably belongs in that section instead.

I can't imagine why you would think that? it was solid it made sound it moved.No way to tell what is being talked about but I believe there are hundreds if not thousands of scientists making their own little pets now day in secret. The drive to explore their abilities in the manipulation of life must be overwhelming.

Just one of many possibilities is and escaped experiment.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Sounds more paranormal, and probably belongs in that section instead.

Meh. It depends on how people are viewing the things. 

This person thinks it's an actual, external, physical creature.

I would disagree, but I see why they might put the discussion here. 

• Like 2

OP, how about you scan the documentation you say you made immediately after the sighting and post it? 

• Like 5

Geepers. I have no idea what it was. The only natural explanations I can think of would be an animal distorted by the lighting conditions. It's telling too that it had such an impact on you. Another thought is that I know a lot of psychic creations will recoil in light in spiritualist traditions. This creature seemed to react adversely to light. This would argue for a non-normal explanation. Geez, I can sympathize with how frustrating it is not to know.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing. 

Did it reflect light like it was wet and slimy or was it dry looking? It didn't leave any residue on the wall? How did it move up the wall?

• Like 3

This sounds to me like a wet animal that you spooked. They often curl up into a defensive ball. It might have been something like a young porcupine, or an opossum. You can probably rule out skunks. Many frightened animals move quite quickly when spooked.

I think that the animal curled up to go unnoticed. You stopped and placed your light on it. It became alarmed and flight kicked in. It made a hasty retreat.

What part of the world do you live in?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 7:58 AM, stereologist said:

This sounds to me like a wet animal that you spooked. They often curl up into a defensive ball. It might have been something like a young porcupine, or an opossum. You can probably rule out skunks. Many frightened animals move quite quickly when spooked.

I think that the animal curled up to go unnoticed. You stopped and placed your light on it. It became alarmed and flight kicked in. It made a hasty retreat.

What part of the world do you live in?

I live in tempe az

• Like 2

On Friday, February 03, 2017 at 9:49 PM, ChaosRose said:

Meh. It depends on how people are viewing the things. 

This person thinks it's an actual, external, physical creature.

I would disagree, but I see why they might put the discussion here. 

On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 8:11 AM, The Narcisse said:

Probably a garbage bag and a wild imagination.

That's  what I  wish it was! 

• Like 1

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Vance665 said:

Thanks for sharing. 

Did it reflect light like it was wet and slimy or was it dry looking? It didn't leave any residue on the wall? How did it move up the wall?

It did not reflect the light. It was dry looking because it appeared  to be somewhat  engulfed in a dusty black cloud of filth that reminded me of that cloud of dirt that the peanuts cartoon character named pigpen always has around him when he moves... As far as residue on the wall, that occurred to me after I went to work. I  have taken several college courses concerning Forensics. Two of which are Crime Scene Photography, and also The Forensics of Biological/Physical  Evidence. At my lunch hour on that same day, I  went directly back and attempted  to find anything related to the earlier incident. Other than some trash, I  couldn't  find  anything. I even did some research on the  actual  area and specific address. But I again discovered nothing interesting that  way either. 

To answer your last question, I  have no idea how it went up that wall so quickly. I'm  telling you  guys that NOTHING I'VE EVER KNOWN OF MOVES SO FAST!! I  realize how silly I sound when I say that my very first thought I can remember when I saw it was.."Omg a freaking real wacky wall walker! " But I  think  the toy wacky wall walkers walk down a wall instead of straight up as if it were on a string or ect..

Thanks for your interest and good questions.

Edited by Melissa40
  • Like 1

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 0:48 AM, ChrLzs said:

OP, how about you scan the documentation you say you made immediately after the sighting and post it? 

This.

The original notes will help. 

• Like 1

On Friday, February 03, 2017 at 10:01 PM, ChaosRose said:

Seems like it's happening fairly often that people are seeing this black, furry blob. 

We had an experience, along with lots of other phenomena, but I was able to oust it all. I realized that both of us, under extreme trauma and grief, were actually producing it. I was able to get rid of it all once I realized that. 

The phenomena is real in that it can be experienced, but hollow in that it's not independent. You just have to take back whatever you put out to make it manifest. 

Can you tell us about this? Do you consider this a Tulpa?

Also could it be someone else's she saw?

1 minute ago, I hide behind words said:

Can you tell us about this? Do you consider this a Tulpa?

Also could it be someone else's she saw?

Yes, some people call them thoughtforms or even servitors. There seem to be folks out there creating them and they're not aware of it. 

Could be that it's someone else's, but I'd think it would have to be someone close to her (most likely living in the same household). They aren't independent, and they can't do anything you don't secretly or subconsciously want them to. The problem is that a lot of people walk around harboring guilt, fear, grief, anger, and a strong desire to verify personal beliefs. There's always a purpose. Usually, people do this to themselves and others around them. It involves some serious introspection to figure out what's going on and why. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melissa40 said:

I live in tempe az

I lived in Tempe decades ago. The area is interesting in that it is home to a large number of introduced plants. I lived in the area where lawns were inundated with flood irrigation.

I wonder if this animal could be an escapee which would broaden the animal possibilities beyond the indigenous animals of Arizona. The porcupine idea can be ruled out. The location could also suggest a large rat.

• Like 1

I used to study at the SWIHA in Tempe. My roommate, who was also studying there, was getting his hypnotherapy certification and asked me to be the subject for his certification exam (he had to conduct as session under observation by a certified hypnotherapist).

He did what's called a "regression" which brings you back to previous times in your life. I'm not one of those easily suggestible people that "go under", but have lots of experience with meditation, biofeedback and self hypnosis, so I allowed my body to relax and my mind to drift and follow his suggestions.

One of the last memories I visited in the session was when I lived in an honest to goodness haunted house in the Philippines (the people who moved in after us actually had an exorcism done - but that's another story). I remembered seeing this thing that I called the "black octopus". The description matches very closely with your own.

Going back to those memories as a child, I had the impression that this thing would terrify me and then somehow feed off it... like whatever it was made out of consisted of that same kind of energy.  Like some sort of negative energy leech.

After the session was over, both my roommate and the observer ran straight outside and white faced, started chain smoking cigarettes... turns out they had also both seen the black octopus as children.

The current understanding by physicists is that we are unable to interact or perceive/ measure up to 90% of the matter in the universe (dark matter)... basically we can only interact with matter that has a similar vibration. I'm not talking woo woo "vibrations" here but the rate at which our atoms oscillate... i.e there are particles that have such a high energy compared to the level on which we exist, that they interact little, if at all, at this level.

I think there could be creatures that exist on a vibrational level close to ours, enough to be somewhat perceived, but existing mostly in an energetic level outside our own... and the "black octopus" may be one of these things.

• Like 1

Unsure why this black blobtopus seems so familiar to me after this thread. Never had a feeling of familiarity before with any other cryptid/sighting/fill-in-the-blank-man before.

It is like I will be the next to see it or have already in the past but cannot remember. 

Can we stop posting about this now before I get scared? 

• Like 1

The only reason I remembered it was the hypnosis. Most of our formative years reside beyond our conscious memory. Entirely possible encounters with these types of things might be fairly common among children.

• Like 1