Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

Your life really does flash before your eyes

10 posts in this topic

I had a variation of this that occurred to me when I was drowning in the mediterranean.  After I had given up the struggle and accepted that this was my fate, (i.e. I thought this was the end) my life 'played back' to me with 'highlights' but the experience was not visual....more like a fast forward thought appraisal.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Timonthy
Was editing, didn't meant to post yet...
1 person likes this

The big question is what happens after Brain activity stops?

Is it lights out,  forever?

Posted (edited)

Different highlights of my life have flashed before me on separate occasions. Being that I am very visual, I did perceive a great many images almost at once. The effect was very similar to what I observed during an episode of a television series where numerous pictures, related to the build up of an event, flashed in sequence at a climatic moment-- the moment when a complex understanding is reached by the longtime viewer.

Edited by aka CAT
1 person likes this

I always ask myself this question: is the life I'm currently living is a flashback before I die; is this what's we called

1 person likes this

We'll although I'm a child still(if you don't believe is fine)i tried this before the time I was hit by a car and it wasn't flash backs instead I have memory that a man which is much more taller than me,held my hand and ask if I wanted to leave or stay,i think the place he asked me was infront of some sort of gates.it happens even in my dreams but the question were slightly changed as I ve grown.

2 people like this

I can say that i had one of those experiences when i had car crash, very rough one, and i was unconscious for few minutes. Not that i had pictures of my life pass before my eyes or anything similar but my mind was occupied, 'telling' me about things which i should have done differently, about how i have made a mistake when i stopped talking with a person which is important part of my life today and many more things which i was trying to forget. It all flashed in maybe one second. Many memories gone through my mind in impossibly short amount of time.

There was this feeling too. It was kinda sad and i had regrets, in that moment that is, it was mere blink, short lighting moment i felt as if i had no control of anything anymore and failed to do simple things which made me feel bad in last moment. Almost as if i felt my soul wan't to go out of my chest ( and it wasn't because of broken rib i am sure of it ). My memories hurt me more than any injury i got there.

Who knows, maybe it was imagination because of shock, maybe it was simply my sub conscious mind telling me those things which i was trying to forget.

Hell, it could be many things but since that day i surely live a bit different life, different in a way that i have much more respect and love for those who are close to me.

1 person likes this

Im sure this happens

On 2/6/2017 at 2:58 PM, Fallen Michael said:

We'll although I'm a child still(if you don't believe is fine)i tried this before the time I was hit by a car and it wasn't flash backs instead I have memory that a man which is much more taller than me,held my hand and ask if I wanted to leave or stay,i think the place he asked me was infront of some sort of gates.it happens even in my dreams but the question were slightly changed as I ve grown.

damn man; it's like God is trying to ask you whether you want to continue to live or ready to move on.

The gate is the gate of Paradise / reincarnation

1 person likes this