Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I see another Mary?

Yasmine

Okay so basically, one day I was at the doctor, during the middle of the day, and I was sitting while listening to the docor talk to my mom. Suddenly I looked over to the corner, and saw a huge uneven circle, that was a mixture of rainbow and gold. It went all the way up to the roof, and when I looked away (to make sure my eyes weren't messing with me) it was still there. I am a medium, so me being me I tried to figure out who it was, but i wasn't getting anything. Once we left the office I didn't see it for the rest of the week. But last night I was trying to go to sleep, and I was lying down looking up at my ceiling, when it appeared again. This time I didn't know if I was just tired and seeing things, or If I actually saw something. Any help would be amazing, thanks(:

• Like 2

Welcome to UM.  I hope your Mom is ok.  As far as seeing the Virgin Mary, I don't believe in such things so I will leave it for someone else to comment on that, but I do wish you a warm welcome to the forums!

Edited by Four Winds

1 hour ago, Yasmine said:

Okay so basically, one day I was at the doctor, during the middle of the day, and I was sitting while listening to the docor talk to my mom. Suddenly I looked over to the corner, and saw a huge uneven circle, that was a mixture of rainbow and gold. It went all the way up to the roof, and when I looked away (to make sure my eyes weren't messing with me) it was still there. I am a medium, so me being me I tried to figure out who it was, but i wasn't getting anything. Once we left the office I didn't see it for the rest of the week. But last night I was trying to go to sleep, and I was lying down looking up at my ceiling, when it appeared again. This time I didn't know if I was just tired and seeing things, or If I actually saw something. Any help would be amazing, thanks(:

I'm confused.  How did you get 'Mary'  or    "  who   it was  "   out of the description of that vision ?  :huh:

• Like 2

Maybe it's your inner conscious taking you to a peaceful place in your mind. You maybe overly stressed from your mom's illness , no sleep all the things your body goes through when youre overly worried . Maybe it was a sign that everything's going to be okay. 

• Like 1

Just to be clear I thought it was Mary, because when shown pictures of her, the circle of light surrounding her is exactly what I saw, and I was at the doctor for a normal check up for myself.

18 hours ago, Yasmine said:

It's a shame you did not mention the rainbow halo to your doctor whilst you were there. You should see an ophthalmologist to make sure it's not an eye health issue.

• 7 months later...

Angels have been known to appear and be surrounded by an aura of light, sometimes brilliant light, and, of course, Mary the Virgin has been seen by countless numbers of people around the world, and again she was said to be "surrounded by a brilliant light" or an aura of light. You did see something, I'm sure. Maybe it was a guardian angel coming to you at that particular moment in time when you needed comfort and help.

Edited by Raymond20
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Raymond20 said:

Angels have been known to appear and be surrounded by an aura of light, sometimes brilliant light, and, of course, Mary the Virgin has been seen by countless numbers of people around the world, and again she was said to be "surrounded by a brilliant light" or an aura of light. You did see something, I'm sure. Maybe it was a guardian angel coming to you at that particular moment in time when you needed comfort and help.

I feel I need to adjust the above statement for accuracy:

There is no evidence to suggest Angels have ever appeared but they could be surrounded by an aura of light, sometimes anything you can imagine, and, of course, Mary the pregnant virgin with a husband who never touched her has been seen by countless people around the world, as long as they have her cultural stereotype, and again she was said to be surround by "conflated stories and terrible eye witness accounts" or an aura of light.  You did see something, I'm sure people hallucinate.  Maybe is was a guardian angel coming to you at that particular moment in time when you needed comfort and help, a moment such as being at the doctors for a regular checkup.  

On 05/02/2017 at 4:14 PM, Claire. said:

It's a shame you did not mention the rainbow halo to your doctor whilst you were there. You should see an ophthalmologist to make sure it's not an eye health issue.

I'm sorry but ophthalmologist's can't cure Angels.

On 2/4/2017 at 1:49 PM, Yasmine said:

That tells me it's not the first woo you've experienced, then. 

Have you gone through any significant trauma or grief? That can do it. 

It's my personal belief from experience that some people who go through great trauma or grief can manifest phenomena. And I don't mean it's all hallucination. I mean they can manifest phenomena that others around them can also experience.

If you are particularly religious, you might very well manifest Mary. It doesn't mean it's Mary the Mother of God. It just means that Mary the Mother of God is a thing you think about. It's in your "Abyss" (the psyche). 

If you want to rid yourself of all the woo in your life, it can be done, but a lot of people get stuck there because in all honesty...they like it. 

I grew up on this kind of woo. It's harmless, sometimes inspirational, so why not just let it be.                                                      

It  is interesting that you experienced a visual issue and have ascribed it to some sort of supernatural event. I am wondering if you were experiencing something called an ocular migraine. Symptoms can be harsh or rather mild. Here are two links. Note that the Mayo clinic defines two types.

http://medicaltreasure.com/ocular-migraine/

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/migraine-headache/expert-answers/ocular-migraine/FAQ-20058113

Migraine aura affecting your vision

Ocular migraine sometimes describes a migraine aura that involves your vision. Migraine auras include a variety of sensations that are often visual. Auras may also include other sensations, such as numbness, that precede or accompany a migraine. Aura can sometimes occur without a headache.

A migraine aura that affects your vision is common. Visual symptoms don't last long. A migraine aura involving your vision will affect both eyes, and you may see:

• Flashes of light
  • Zigzagging patterns
  • Blind spots
  • Shimmering spots or stars

These symptoms can temporarily interfere with certain activities, such as reading or driving, but the condition usually isn't considered serious.

She had a vivid waking dream, that's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

She had a vivid waking dream, that's all.

Good point. I don't think there is enough info to make a decision. Always good to point out plausible possibilities.

I should just add here: my mother saw a strange coloured light having awoke suddenly one night. She said

It was a sort of tubular shaped light but there seemed to be two eyes looking out of this strange coloured light. But I was not in any way frightened by this light. It hovered over my husband (asleep next to me) so I wondered what it meant and why it was there. After a little while the tube-shaped light slowed dissolved into the darkness. Mum says that a couple of weeks later her husband suffered a severe heart attack, but he survived.

Mum always considered this to have been an angel, or guardian angel. A priest agreed with her that it was, indeed, a heavenly visitor.

Edited by Raymond20

To I'mConvinced: I would rather you didn't adjust my comments without asking me first. Please don't do that again, even if it is for a case of accuracy. Angels Do exist.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:25 PM, Raymond20 said:

To I'mConvinced: I would rather you didn't adjust my comments without asking me first. Please don't do that again, even if it is for a case of accuracy. Angels Do exist.

To make the claim that angels actually exist is going to required actual evidence for us to take it seriously.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2017 at 0:17 AM, Raymond20 said:

Mum always considered this to have been an angel, or guardian angel. A priest agreed with her that it was, indeed, a heavenly visitor.

Of course he would, it supports the priests worldview and offers comfort to those who also believe that worldview.  What he wouldn't have said is "yeah, probably a brain fart".

On 21/09/2017 at 0:25 AM, Raymond20 said:

I left your comment alone and altered nothing in it.  I wrote what I perceive to be a more accurate version of what you were trying to say - tongue in cheek of course.

If I made an infraction of the board rules please report it otherwise please do not tell me what I can and can't do.

On 21/09/2017 at 0:25 AM, Raymond20 said:

Angels Do exist.

Angels don't exist.

I have the same amount of evidence to support my statement as you do yours.