Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Race against time to save trapped bald eagle

Still Waters

Bird-rescue volunteers are trying to find a bald eagle photographed over the weekend in the US state of Pennsylvania with a leg-hold trap on its talons.

The bird was first spotted on Sunday afternoon struggling to fly with a long chain hanging from the clamp on its legs, but it has not been seen since.

Wildlife rehabilitator Wendy Ebersole Looker said the raptor's snared limb could become infected.

Experts say the bird will probably die if it is not found quickly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38902572

• Like 3

Its a pity indeed. How to find a bald eagle?  But fingers crossed they do somehow find it and save it

• Like 3

I wish I hadn't seen this. It's heartbreaking. I just searched for updates, but there aren't any. It's been more than 24 hours since the eagle was spotted. I don't even want to think about how much pain it's in. :(

• Like 3

Hopefully it will get better or found and healed up quickly!

In some parts they actually take the time to hunt all owls falcons, hawks raptors coyotes etc, {well excluding the Bald Eagle} because they want their grouse, doves, pigeons and pheasants etc. to build up for shooting fun with shotguns later.

• Like 2