Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US appeals court upholds suspension of Trump

docyabut2

Oooooooo !   Nothing worse than   something that leaves a thing, yet at at the same  allows more of that thing in .    .....     to  'our ' country    .......     :huh: 

• Like 3

This was to be expected, Mr Trump made a lot of promises, but has to get them past Congress, and there is no guarantee that will happen.

Seems a sensible way to deal with the order I think. There is still no proof that the countries pose a threat, citing the Obama administration's intelligence just means the data is too old to be of any real use. 

• Like 2

All I know if this ban that Trump place is over turn, the more the terrorists  will enter our country:( Argentina is all ready given people false passports  for a good price:(  there should be a  extreme vetting.

• Like 1

Well it is the 9th Circus court and their decision is a given. They are the most overturned court. In 2012 87% of their decisions were overturned by the SCOTUS. But here is the problem if the appeal to the SCOTUS is fast tracked before another justice is appointed you'll see a 4-4 decision and the lower court ruling will stand.

There's been a bill introduced to split the 9th court up and make another one the 12th as it is right now the 9th covers 20% of the population and 40% of the land mass. That is too much power given to just one appeals court.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 1

All I know if there are  anymore terrorists attacks in our country, it be the suability of the American people. Trump wants to get on it before it happens.   

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Correction ,All I know if there are  anymore terrorists attacks in our country, it will be the left`s (stupidity)  of  the issues. Trump wants to get on it before it happens.   

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I agree.

• Like 4

Just now, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

I agree.

I second that,a very enlightening and well thought out post! :lol:

• Like 3

Personally I think its about time our country stopped so many people from coming in . I think he's going in the right direction

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Darkenpath25 said:

Personally I think its about time our country stopped so many people from coming in . I think he's going in the right direction

Watch out you will be called all kinds of bad names and be accused of being all kinds of a phobic person for just typing that kind of thinking into a public forum. But I agree.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Darkenpath25 said:

They are still people, they still need someplace to go. Nobody tries anything new, nobody tries anything different. These people do not need a ban, they need a think tank.

• Like 3

From Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly '"In retrospect, ..I should have delayed it just it a bit, so that I could talk to members of congress, particularly the leadership of committees like this, to prepare them for what was coming," he testified before the Homeland Security Committee. "Although I think most people would agree that this has been a topic of President Trump during the campaign and transition process..."'

Gee, John, do ya think?  Perhaps you and the other insulting-term-deleteds currently running the USA, should have maybe checked their beloved constitution and got a shyster lawyer or two to maybe give a legal opinion on whether it was likely to be challenged?  Trump tried it with one legal eagle and sacked her...  "She'll be right!!", as we say down here..

So now it's not just the media, it's the courts too..  And it won't be long before it's the entire scientific community as well - that's my Nostradamus impression...  Anyway, it's very funny watching the chaos, and then the indignation and excuses.  I'm so glad I live here, far far away..

BTW, it seems strange that no-one is pointing out all the examples of people who had slipped into the US this way before the (attempted) ban and then been involved in any acts of terrorism involving fatalities...  I mean, this ban must be based on something other than scare-mongering, right?  You can quickly shut me up by showing me those numbers and thus justifying this ban..  Note, I'd advise you to check your facts first, and read the next sentence carefully... Can you also explain why Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, the U.A.E. and Azerbaijan are excluded from the ban?  I can (cough-trump-interests-cough)...  And yet, strangely, some people from THOSE countries have indeed been involved in terrorism resulting in fatalities, eg 911... but those countries are OFF the list.  I just don't understand... (ok, joking, yes I do).

Anyways, when you explain all that, I'll happily apologise for my Trump criticism... 

• Like 3

BTW, for those interested in how the overseas media reports on this, try here for an example from the gov't sponsored arm of the Australian media:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-10/us-appeals-court-rules-on-trumps-travel-ban/8258430

It includes the full text of the State of Washington v Trump order, for those with a bit of legal interest / nous.  It's long but well worth reading, especially if you have only looked at this 'shallowly' - the harm that has been caused by this ban has been a lot wider than you might think...

• Like 2

Best for the administration to allow their ill-conceived, ham-handed travel ban to slip quietly behind them. Trump should have waited until he had his Supreme Court Justice in place. He can console himself by patting himself on the back for at least trying to keep a campaign promise. He's in for a lot more trials and tribulation as the Office of President of the United States breaks him, inexorably,  to the saddle.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

They are still people, they still need someplace to go. Nobody tries anything new, nobody tries anything different. These people do not need a ban, they need a think tank.

Not everyone agrees with that but I respect you and your opinion. 

10 hours ago, Glockornothing said:

Watch out you will be called all kinds of bad names and be accused of being all kinds of a phobic person for just typing that kind of thinking into a public forum. But I agree.

Thats fine with me , i'm not going to be bullied for my opinion . I have not or will not bully anyone for their opinion , its a post not everyone will agree or disagree 

• Like 3

• The topic was locked