Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just how much trouble is Michael Flynn in?

Claire.

Just how much trouble is Michael Flynn in?

On Wednesday, national security adviser Michael Flynn told The Washington Post that he and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak had never discussed the sanctions put in place by the Obama administration in a series of communications in December 2016.

On Thursday, Flynn told The Post — through a spokesman! — that, well, who could say what he and Kislyak talked about. Flynn “indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn’t be certain that the topic never came up,” the spokesman said.

That's, um, bad. It strains credulity that on Wednesday, Flynn could issue a flat denial about conversations he had with Kislyak, but on Thursday, suddenly his memory of those conversations changed.

It also runs counter to the version of events that Flynn as well as then-Vice President-elect MIke Pence and several other senior Trump officials put out in the wake of the revelations that Flynn and Kisylak had been in contact, even as an investigation by the Obama administration was concluding that Russian hackers had interfered with the U.S. election process for the express purpose of hurting Hillary Clinton and helping Trump.

Read more: The Washington Post

• Like 6

In deep hot water , I say lock him up 

• Like 3

Sounds like the old "I don't recall" bit.

Since Clinton was mentioned in the OP, how many times did she say that under oath? Something like 25 or more times as I recall?

How are they going to prove it one way or the other though?

Is a transcript gospel?  Is there an actual recording of their conversation?

• Like 7

Why would he be in trouble even if he did talk to a Russian counterpart or representative about sanctions?  Is that illegal?  The narrative the Left has created about a relationship between Putin and Trump is just more hysteria and communications between two world leaders in sensitive positions is rather to be wished for than panicked over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Startraveler said:

A three year imprisonment sounds fair.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Sounds like the old "I don't recall" bit.

Since Clinton was mentioned in the OP, how many times did she say that under oath? Something like 25 or more times as I recall?

How are they going to prove it one way or the other though?

Is a transcript gospel?  Is there an actual recording of their conversation?

I put this in about the same catagory as Bill and Lorettas "talk" about family life a few days before the FBI hearing...

What can be proven?

I'll just leave it at that meh

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

A three year imprisonment sounds fair.

LOL, judge, jury, and executioner.

• Like 6

If Flynn talked to Kislyak on the 25th, which fits with his story that he called to wish him a Merry Christmas and Obama didn't put sanctions in place until the 29th, so how much could he have known at that time.  Even if it was mentioned was it even illegal.  I have a lot of questions about this before I will condemn him. 

How many can remember exactly what they talked about on the phone with someone almost 2 months ago.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/10/michael-flynn-talked-sanctions-russia-trump-took-o/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

If Flynn talked to Kislyak on the 25th, which fits with his story that he called to wish him a Merry Christmas and Obama didn't put sanctions in place until the 29th, so how much could he have known at that time.  Even if it was mentioned was it even illegal.  I have a lot of questions about this before I will condemn him. 

How many can remember exactly what they talked about on the phone with someone almost 2 months ago.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/10/michael-flynn-talked-sanctions-russia-trump-took-o/

Bet you would remember if it was a conversation with a Russian ambassador.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Not if you are used to talking to people like that. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Depends on how much vodka he drank beforhand... :lol:

• Like 4

Well, if he broke the law - and it can be proven - then that's a different matter.  If he says he cannae recall and it amounts only to unproven allegations, oh well.  Having a chat with a Putin representative just DAYS prior to obtaining legal authority to do so seems pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme.  But I get it, hypocrisy and all that.  Here's the thing, though, this trend toward attempting to criminalize nearly every move Trump makes is going to run out of steam quickly for the average Joe.  The Left may gain an infusion of energy every time they can make the attempt but the Left were never going to support Trump under any circumstance.  If they want to remove Trump, they HAVE to remove his voter base support.  Constantly attacking him will do exactly the same for him that it did for pervy Bill in the 90's.

• Like 3

The calls were captured by routine US eavesdropping targeting Russian diplomats, according to the intelligence and law enforcement officials.

http://q13fox.com/2017/02/10/pence-unaware-if-flynn-discussed-sanctions-with-russian-ambassador/

So do they know what was said?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Well, if he broke the law - and it can be proven - then that's a different matter.  If he says he cannae recall and it amounts only to unproven allegations, oh well.  Having a chat with a Putin representative just DAYS prior to obtaining legal authority to do so seems pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme.  But I get it, hypocrisy and all that.  Here's the thing, though, this trend toward attempting to criminalize nearly every move Trump makes is going to run out of steam quickly for the average Joe.  The Left may gain an infusion of energy every time they can make the attempt but the Left were never going to support Trump under any circumstance.  If they want to remove Trump, they HAVE to remove his voter base support.  Constantly attacking him will do exactly the same for him that it did for pervy Bill in the 90's.

That's the thing, they attack Trump over everything so why should I believe this is anything more than the same bs. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

That's the thing, they attack Trump over everything so why should I believe this is anything more than the same bs. 

I'm not sure that's the right question.  I think the right question is, how bad does it actually have to be before Trump's fan base will accept that there's shadiness going on...  It's not a Leftist conspiracy that's getting their hands caught in the cookie jar...it's because their hands are in the cookie jar. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OldNate said:

I'm not sure that's the right question.  I think the right question is, how bad does it actually have to be before Trump's fan base will accept that there's shadiness going on...  It's not a Leftist conspiracy that's getting their hands caught in the cookie jar...it's because their hands are in the cookie jar. 

In this country we have the presumption of "innocent until proven guilty"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

In this country we have the presumption of "innocent until proven guilty"

We're talking about the guy who literally led chants of "lock her up" during his convention speech.

Give him his three years and then give him another convention speaking slot.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OldNate said:

If Flynn has done something wrong Trump will fire him but just because the left are claiming guilt doesn't make it so.

• Like 2

I'm tired of the BS from the right.

I'm tired of the drama and hate naming from the left.

I'm tired of President Trump's twitter thing.

I'm tired of hearing from Mrs. Conway.

But I thank my lucky stars Hillary is not in the White House. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ashotep said:

If Flynn has done something wrong Trump will fire him but just because the left are claiming guilt doesn't make it so.

Just like he fired Conway for breaking the law, 5 CFR 2635.702 specifically.

§

• Like 2

The bigger story in this is the likely criminal conspiracy with Donald Tramp.

The intent and motive are very clear.

Tramp is a national disgrace.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The bigger story in this is the likely criminal conspiracy with Donald Tramp.

The intent and motive are very clear.

Tramp is a national disgrace.

Donald Triangle

• Like 1

Here are a couple of news stories with the latest developments on this:

CIA freezes out top Flynn aide
A top deputy to National Security Adviser Michael Flynn was rejected for a critical security clearance, effectively ending his tenure on the National Security Council and escalating tensions between Flynn and the intelligence community. Read more POLITICO

Flynn holds call with Pence amid calls for probes of contacts with Russian ambassador.
National security adviser Michael Flynn spoke privately with Vice President Pence on Friday in an apparent attempt to contain the fallout from the disclosure that Flynn had discussed U.S. sanctions on Russia with that country’s ambassador and then allowed Pence and other White House officials to publicly deny that he had done so, an administration official said. Read more: The Washington Post

• Like 3