Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shared consciousness

reg214

My father died of cancer on January 11.  He was diagnosed on December 27.  During the time before he became unresponsive he promised me he would send me a sign we would be together again.  The morning of the day before he died, at the time of semi consciousness before you wake, I was suddenly seeing out of his half closed eyes from his hospice bed in my sisters home.  He was not moving then.  Only his hand would rise to his face occasionally as if to scratch an itch on his nose.  I could see what he could see just by moving his eyeballs back and forth.  I could feel my own eyeballs moving and I saw his hand rise up as if to scratch the itch.  I felt the frustration in not being able to scratch the itch.  I did not feel the itch though.  It was not a dream in the usual way.  There was no verbal communication.  I could not feel anything other than the frustration I could hear and see though.  The television, etc.  I felt it meant he could still hear and see but could not communicate.  I went to see him later that day and told him I got his message.  The next morning at the same time in the same way I was there again but this time at the bottom of a small hill looking up a stone path toward a stone bridge with wild flowers to the right and left.  There was bright light behind the bridge,  there were dark unrecognizable figures slowly moving toward me at different distances.  At the foot was a man and woman standing together on the left side,  in the middle was my dog that my father and I together had taken to the vet to be put to rest last April.  They were "old men buddies" as my dad would say.  On the right was a man I did not know.  Sitting on the edge above the couple as if waiting patiently was his best friend.  There was no talking.  The woman was holding her arms open.  I felt free from the waste up but was struggling to get free of something binding my legs.  The struggle to reach the bridge was intense.  I woke up.  I said to my husband that my dad was going to die on this day.  That he was almost there.  I feel that he kept his promise to me and quelled my lifelong fear.  Not of dying, but of dying and never seeing again the loved ones who have gone before me.  I post this to discuss similar experiences and thoughts. Also to provide comfort to anyone with this fear.  I sketched the scene and wrote down every detail which I see in my mind as if I'm looking at a photo.  I contracted a painter.  I can't wait to see the finished work.  I believe this was real and I am greatly comforted.  

• Like 3

Just to add, I went to him and again told him I saw what he showed me and to be free and go to his mother (who passed when he was only 7) and I kissed him.  I saw a tear came from his eye.  He died a few hours later.  Peacefully holding hands with my sister on one side and me on the other.

• Like 3

This story captured my interest. I recently lost a loved one and ever since been trying to connect with her on the other side but can't seem to break the veil that bounds the living from entering that plane of reality. It is comforting to know that she will be there waiting when I leave this world.

An extremely touching story, thanks for that. Perhaps when you receive the painting you might post the image or a link?