Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Using Black Magic, Now haunted ?

emmyK

I might need advise

A guy tried to pimp me once. I took some of his hair and asked my grandmother to do black magic on him. To this day he's had: - cancer
- his family members brother/sister/mother died and father got cancer
- he had a son born handicapped
- he got caught and incarcerated - he did meth for a while
- I've been working this guy for 5 years.

My grandmother said that there is no sin in it because he tried once to pimp me out. Her advice was to make him suffer till the last breath. It's been an interesting five yearsSometimes I'm even happy that he tried to sacrifice me, and almost hope that someone will try to pimp me again. My grandfather taught me a ritual wherein the more unhappy he becomes, the more successful I become.(the word 'sacrifice' is specifically mentioned in the ritual ).

The scary thing is, I'm getting a strange high out of the situation. It's like, no matter what I do to this guy, he just won't kill himself. I follow him closely in real life and try to vex his situation. He himself doesn't understand why this is happening to him, and I know I may be going overboard with this, but something inside me can't stop trying to hurt this guy. My grandfather was deep into the occult and since his passing he's left me books and occult related items, mostly black magic. He was a rich man and very succesfull. He's always believed the reason for this to be his profound belief in the occult and the power that it has to change peoples lives. I personally have seen this power for myself in my personal life so I Know for a fact that it's true.

The thing is, lately I've been waking up late at night and walking around the house, as if something is waiting for me that I need to find. I usually go to the corner of our kitchen downstairs and stay there for about an hour in the dark. I feel comfortable there and not afraid at all, it's like a warm feeling of familiarity. I feel like an old, very close friend is always waiting for me down the stairs, in the kitchen corner. I don't even feel bad or anything, but maybe this isn't good ? I guess I started thinking about this a lot lately and it doesn't make sense. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the many rituals I've done against this guy ? Maybe I'm being followed somehow or he's doing a counterspell on me or something, I have no idea. I also started feeling guilty a lot lately, as if I really regret doing something, but just can't remember what. It's starting to make me feel depressed and gloomy. The only times I feel a modicum of happiness anymore is when I go downstairs to the kitchen and stand in the dark. It feels like I get invigorated by just standing there and like a nice meal after a period of hunger. Then I go back to my bed and sleep dreamless sleep and when I wake up, I feel gloomy again all day...

Can anyone please help/answer why this is happening to me ? Any idea ? More importantly: any suggestions ?

Thanks for reading

Edited by emmyK
  • Like 3

I'm sure a healthy dose of criticism is forthcoming, however i'm curious about your post.

I hold the position that thoughts and emotions carry weight in our physical world, perhaps confirmation is not so readily available but i have seen enough to support my own belief.

For the sake of personal experience, i wonder what would happen to the idiot if you were to drop your curse... And two i wonder how one would defend against such things...

As for being drawn to the comfort of darkness, not entirely strange. I personally have found i require alone contemplation time to survive and my body wont sleep unless i get that time. More often than not i find myself awake at a barstool in my kitchen at 3 am in complete peace.

10 hours ago, emmyK said:

I might need advise

A guy tried to pimp me once. I took some of his hair and asked my grandmother to do black magic on him. To this day he's had: - cancer
- his family members brother/sister/mother died and father got cancer
- he had a son born handicapped
- he got caught and incarcerated - he did meth for a while
- I've been working this guy for 5 years.

My grandmother said that there is no sin in it because he tried once to pimp me out. Her advice was to make him suffer till the last breath. It's been an interesting five yearsSometimes I'm even happy that he tried to sacrifice me, and almost hope that someone will try to pimp me again. My grandfather taught me a ritual wherein the more unhappy he becomes, the more successful I become.(the word 'sacrifice' is specifically mentioned in the ritual ).

The scary thing is, I'm getting a strange high out of the situation. It's like, no matter what I do to this guy, he just won't kill himself. I follow him closely in real life and try to vex his situation. He himself doesn't understand why this is happening to him, and I know I may be going overboard with this, but something inside me can't stop trying to hurt this guy. My grandfather was deep into the occult and since his passing he's left me books and occult related items, mostly black magic. He was a rich man and very succesfull. He's always believed the reason for this to be his profound belief in the occult and the power that it has to change peoples lives. I personally have seen this power for myself in my personal life so I Know for a fact that it's true.

The thing is, lately I've been waking up late at night and walking around the house, as if something is waiting for me that I need to find. I usually go to the corner of our kitchen downstairs and stay there for about an hour in the dark. I feel comfortable there and not afraid at all, it's like a warm feeling of familiarity. I feel like an old, very close friend is always waiting for me down the stairs, in the kitchen corner. I don't even feel bad or anything, but maybe this isn't good ? I guess I started thinking about this a lot lately and it doesn't make sense. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the many rituals I've done against this guy ? Maybe I'm being followed somehow or he's doing a counterspell on me or something, I have no idea. I also started feeling guilty a lot lately, as if I really regret doing something, but just can't remember what. It's starting to make me feel depressed and gloomy. The only times I feel a modicum of happiness anymore is when I go downstairs to the kitchen and stand in the dark. It feels like I get invigorated by just standing there and like a nice meal after a period of hunger. Then I go back to my bed and sleep dreamless sleep and when I wake up, I feel gloomy again all day...

Can anyone please help/answer why this is happening to me ? Any idea ? More importantly: any suggestions ?

Thanks for reading

Hey I need to talk to u about this stuff... Can i have ur fb id or anything i can contact u with??? Its an emergency... 

41 minutes ago, Strawberry lush said:

Hey I need to talk to u about this stuff... Can i have ur fb id or anything i can contact u with??? Its an emergency... 

Best advice I can offer... stay well away from this person... and black magic... and pimps...

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 3

Forgive me for not being up on all the latest slang, but what do you mean by being "pimped"? Does it mean raped or that he tried to pay you for sex?  Also, confused about when you say he tried to "sacrifice" you.

Well, assuming for a sec you're correct about everything... yeah, that's bad. Does his entire family that probably had nothing to do with it deserve to die? Does that innocent child deserve to be permanently disabled? If you're feeling guilty and depressed about something that's probably it, even if you didn't actually do it you believe you did so it's going to eat away at you. Even if you don't consciously think it's wrong, you know it is deep down. You don't think it is because you already convinced yourself it was okay, that he deserves it; your grandmother helped by encouraging this. So feeling this way isn't at all unusual given the situation.

If you did actually do something, then yeah it's likely something took notice of that. It's one of the things that comes along with this stuff. Not necessarily because you did something bad or were messing with witchcraft, just something in general. Various entities are drawn to people who are more spiritually active, you could say. Think of us like an all you can eat buffet. Generating more energy is like sending out a beacon.

Could you maybe share the name of the books, and possibly some photos of the items you mentioned? Would you be comfortable sharing details of the ritual? I don't really mess with witchcraft, but I'm still curious.

Nothing that has happened to this guy sounds different than what many people go through...sickness, death, addiction, etc.. 

Perhaps you should see a doctor? You could be suffering from depression and might need medications. 

• Like 2

If you have been working this guy for five years, and he has already suffered all the things you mentioned, this is no longer self-defense.  It's just plain old revenge.

The person suffering here is you.  You need to get to a professional counselor to talk out these issues.  It is not healthy to be obsessing over someone for this long.

• Like 7

Mhhe ... its one of those 'never hear from them again' posters .

Some people just want to tell a story. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Mhhe ... its one of those 'never hear from them again' posters .

Some people just want to tell a story. 

That reminds me, this one time at band camp....

16 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Isnt  it about intent ..... what are the 'right  hands'  then  ????      :huh:

Eh there's no light and dark side, black magic is just a fancy term to describe spells and rituals that are considered "bad", usually causing harm to a person or requiring blood or sacrifices. It could be used on people who deserve it, or possibly in self defense, or it could be used on innocent people and those who don't deserve it (the wrong hands). I still question its legitimacy though, just making a point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zayne Kalis said:

Eh there's no light and dark side, black magic is just a fancy term to describe spells and rituals that are considered "bad", usually causing harm to a person or requiring blood or sacrifices.

Ummmmmmm   yup , thats what I was inferring 

It could be used on people who deserve it, or possibly in self defense

Ahhh , you mean  'works of destruction'  

, or it could be used on innocent people and those who don't deserve it (the wrong hands).

commonly known as black magic  ... so back to intent .

I still question its legitimacy though, just making a point.

legitimacy depends on morals , viewpoint ,  politics   ,  etc    

.....  then there is  'black school   magic '  ..... something different again .    Here ,  different types of philosophies  behind magical  (and religious  )  schools and practice are defined by  colours  ; black, red, yellow ,  white , gold ,  etc.   

10 hours ago, back to earth said:

Ummmmmmm   yup , thats what I was inferring 

Ahhh , you mean  'works of destruction'  

commonly known as black magic  ... so back to intent .

legitimacy depends on morals , viewpoint ,  politics   ,  etc    

.....  then there is  'black school   magic '  ..... something different again .    Here ,  different types of philosophies  behind magical  (and religious  )  schools and practice are defined by  colours  ; black, red, yellow ,  white , gold ,  etc.   

I think you missed my point. I was saying that black magic is harmful or sketchy, but if you're using it in self defense then obviously you're not abusing it, so it's not in the "wrong hands". It's still the same spell or whatever, and their intent is to cause harm or destruction, and possibly still out of anger or other negative emotions, but if you're not harming someone who's innocent and doesn't deserve it, then I see no issue. It's a matter of opinion, some people would say it's bad no matter who you use it on, but I just think people get too superstitious about it.

Also by legitimacy I meant I'm not sure how real or serious it is, if it's actually legit or just something people play around with. I'm not sure if the claims hold any legitimacy.

2 hours ago, Zayne Kalis said:

I think you missed my point. I was saying that black magic is harmful or sketchy, but if you're using it in self defense then obviously you're not abusing it, so it's not in the "wrong hands".

No, I didnt miss it, I just tink its wrong ...... see post 12 .   Its about intent , like I said .  The intent made it bad if you use something for harm . It wasnt the thing itself .

So intent makes it wrong or black how can a wrong action be used by right hands ? 

Your confusion is, you put a range of options in the good box and a range of options in the bad box .  In your post 13, you even put the  bad  in quotes   "bad "  ... meaning it might not be bad , if used for self defense, which is intent . 

Its a fault you and  blow hard  have  with terminology and , I would venture philosophy .... its the old gun debate and ...  ; thou shalt not kill , unless you are a soldier, and the  other guy is on the other side , or in self defense . or as a legal punishment or ..... 

It's still the same spell or whatever, and their intent is to cause harm or destruction,

:)  now youre doing it  . 

and possibly still out of anger or other negative emotions, but if you're not harming someone who's innocent and doesn't deserve it, then I see no issue.

because of their intent , yeah ? 

It's a matter of opinion, some people would say it's bad no matter who you use it on, but I just think people get too superstitious about it.

sounds like the gun debate again 

Also by legitimacy I meant I'm not sure how real or serious it is, if it's actually legit or just something people play around with. I'm not sure if the claims hold any legitimacy.

Ask blow hard , he got an evil jar he puts people he doesnt like in .      ( To him thats good magic ... to the people in the jar, its bad magic  )

7 minutes ago, back to earth said:

No, I didnt miss it, I just tink its wrong ...... see post 12 .   Its about intent , like I said .  The intent made it bad if you use something for harm . It wasnt the thing itself .

So intent makes it wrong or black how can a wrong action be used by right hands ? 

Your confusion is, you put a range of options in the good box and a range of options in the bad box .  In your post 13, you even put the  bad  in quotes   "bad "  ... meaning it might not be bad , if used for self defense, which is intent . 

Its a fault you and  blow hard  have  with terminology and , I would venture philosophy .... its the old gun debate and ...  ; thou shalt not kill , unless you are a soldier, and the  other guy is on the other side , or in self defense . or as a legal punishment or ..... 

:)  now youre doing it  . 

because of their intent , yeah ? 

sounds like the gun debate again 

Ask blow hard , he got an evil jar he puts people he doesnt like in .      ( To him thats good magic ... to the people in the jar, its bad magic  )

I do not know how to explain this any better o_o But I'll try...

What I'm saying is, black magic isn't the "dark side", it's just harmful magic, either requiring harm for it to work or causing harm itself (directly, so for instance, moving an object to hurt someone wouldn't be black magic, but an object moving to harm them in a specific event as a result of a spell would be; the intent wasn't to move an object, it was to harm them in some way). But to say everyone who knows black magic is bad is ridiculous, which is what your first post was about. You implied it's always in the wrong hands, no matter how you use it, or if you even use it at all. Just knowing it is bad. So I was just saying that's not the case.

If you're saying black magic only exists when there's evil intent, then technically you couldn't know or learn it, it would just be an effect. It would be impossible to use it in self defense or on an evil person or entity, because, that wouldn't be evil. Your intent would be to harm, yes, but if there's no evil intent, then it can't be black magic according to you. Even if you use the same spells, rituals, whatever, as long as there's no evil intent, it's not black magic. In order for it to be black magic it would have to be used for some bad reason like personal gain or pleasure in causing pain. Even something like healing (something normally considered "white magic") would be black magic if used with malicious intent. For example, someone wants to die but you partially heal them using what are considered white magic techniques with the intent of prolonging their suffering. Or in my previous example of moving an object, it would be black magic if you intended to hurt someone by moving it, even though you were just using a spell to move an object, and not a spell to cause harm. So, this is what I disagree with. To me it's always been a classification for certain spells, as that's how I've seen it used, rather than to describe someone's intent. Otherwise, anything could be black magic, and anything could be white magic, regardless of the result. So it would seem like a rather useless term if it can't even be used for the classification of certain spells and rituals.

14 minutes ago, Zayne Kalis said:

I do not know how to explain this any better o_o But I'll try...

What I'm saying is, black magic isn't the "dark side", it's just harmful magic,

First , who knows what you mean by 'the dark side '   but yes  B M is considered  harmful magic ' or ' an act of harm using magic is harmful magic , or black magick . 

Unless you are ( without realising ) trying to make a distinction between sorcery and theurgy ? 

either requiring harm for it to work or causing harm itself (directly, so for instance, moving an object to hurt someone wouldn't be black magic, but an object moving to harm them in a specific event as a result of a spell would be; the intent wasn't to move an object, it was to harm them in some way).

So , back to intent , which supports my premise . 

But to say everyone who knows black magic is bad is ridiculous,

Who said that ?    I am saying there is no black magic .... its about intent  ....   

moving a rock into a path isnt bad  ' the act'  it isnt a good or bad action ( yet )   - moving a rock into a path to trip up someone and cause injury to an innocent elderly , out of spite  , is bad   (intent ) ,   doing the same to stop a burglar  may not be bad  ( again intent ) 

Moving a 'spirit' into a house to help someone may not be bad , but doing that to torment someone might be bad .  Its not the act or the gun but the usage and intention . 

Again, unless you are trying to make some division in the acts themselves, regardless of intent  ... then its back to the 'sorcery Vs theurgy '   argument .    

which is what your first post was about.

It was ??  :huh:   .... my first post was about    "   everyone who knows black magic is bad "   ?    Where did I say that ?  

If I think it depends on intent ... how can one even ' know it '  ??? 

You implied it's always in the wrong hands, no matter how you use it, or if you even use it at all. Just knowing it is bad.

Nope , I never implied that at all , I implied any magical act, done with a bad or harmful intent  is bad . Again INTENT  .

What I asked was , if it is the intent how can a bad intent be in the right hands .  I think you got confused reading what I DID wrote .

So I was just saying that's not the case.

If you're saying black magic only exists when there's evil intent, then technically you couldn't know or learn it, it would just be an effect. It would be impossible to use it in self defense or on an evil person or entity, because, that wouldn't be evil. Your intent would be to harm, yes, but if there's no evil intent, then it can't be black magic according to you

yes, and also , you might not realise , but that is also what you are arguing . 

. Even if you use the same spells, rituals, whatever, as long as there's no evil intent, it's not black magic. In order for it to be black magic it would have to be used for some bad reason like personal gain or pleasure in causing pain. Even something like healing (something normally considered "white magic") would be black magic if used with malicious intent. For example, someone wants to die but you partially heal them using what are considered white magic techniques with the intent of prolonging their suffering. Or in my previous example of moving an object, it would be black magic if you intended to hurt someone by moving it, even though you were just using a spell to move an object, and not a spell to cause harm.

Thats right ! 

So, this is what I disagree with.

But you just agreed with it !      :D  

To me it's always been a classification for certain spells, as that's how I've seen it used, rather than to describe someone's intent

So, its a 'version of '  the theurgy Vs sorcery argument but a further division inside the sorcery or 'spellcraft '  side . 

How do you classify the spells ?    Whats your division , where do draw the line 

Using bats blood is  black magic , using crystals is white  ???   What if you use bats blood to   to a good purpose and crystals for a bad one .  Its hard to tell  what you mean unless you make the classification clear , instead of just declaring , some spells are black magic and some are white .  It has to  depend on intent ... unless you make the Theurgy or not argument... and that depends on a set of  localised cultural mores and taboos, in any case . 

Otherwise, anything could be black magic, and anything could be white magic, regardless of the result.

No , the intent is the first factor and that could be modified by any result , the pentagram on the  drawbridge episode in 'Moonchild' is a perfect example. Have you read that ? 

So it would seem like a rather useless term if it can't even be used for the classification of certain spells and rituals.

Okay, then give me your classification ... which spells ( leaving out intent and results ) are black and which are white

.... I am all ears . 

7 minutes ago, back to earth said:

First , who knows what you mean by 'the dark side '   but yes  B M is considered  harmful magic ' or ' an act of harm using magic is harmful magic , or black magick . 

Unless you are ( without realising ) trying to make a distinction between sorcery and theurgy ? 

So , back to intent , which supports my premise . 

Who said that ?    I am saying there is no black magic .... its about intent  ....   

moving a rock into a path isnt bad  ' the act'  it isnt a good or bad action ( yet )   - moving a rock into a path to trip up someone and cause injury to an innocent elderly , out of spite  , is bad   (intent ) ,   doing the same to stop a burglar  may not be bad  ( again intent ) 

Moving a 'spirit' into a house to help someone may not be bad , but doing that to torment someone might be bad .  Its not the act or the gun but the usage and intention . 

Again, unless you are trying to make some division in the acts themselves, regardless of intent  ... then its back to the 'sorcery Vs theurgy '   argument .    

It was ??  :huh:   .... my first post was about    "   everyone who knows black magic is bad "   ?    Where did I say that ?  

If I think it depends on intent ... how can one even ' know it '  ??? 

Nope , I never implied that at all , I implied any magical act, done with a bad or harmful intent  is bad . Again INTENT  .

What I asked was , if it is the intent how can a bad intent be in the right hands .  I think you got confused reading what I DID wrote .

yes, and also , you might not realise , but that is also what you are arguing . 

Thats right ! 

But you just agreed with it !      :D  

So, its a 'version of '  the theurgy Vs sorcery argument but a further division inside the sorcery or 'spellcraft '  side . 

How do you classify the spells ?    Whats your division , where do draw the line 

Using bats blood is  black magic , using crystals is white  ???   What if you use bats blood to   to a good purpose and crystals for a bad one .  Its hard to tell  what you mean unless you make the classification clear , instead of just declaring , some spells are black magic and some are white .  It has to  depend on intent ... unless you make the Theurgy or not argument... and that depends on a set of  localised cultural mores and taboos, in any case . 

No , the intent is the first factor and that could be modified by any result , the pentagram on the  drawbridge episode in 'Moonchild' is a perfect example. Have you read that ? 

Okay, then give me your classification ... which spells ( leaving out intent and results ) are black and which are white

.... I am all ears . 

Oh my god would you stop breaking my posts up so much o_o Context is important...

Anyway, you said:

16 hours ago, back to earth said:

Isnt  it about intent ..... what are the 'right  hands'  then  ????      :huh:

In response to:

16 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

Black magic is never good in the wrong hands. to abuse it is never wise.

That's what I meant by you implied it's always in the wrong hands.

As for the rest, where to start... I feel like you're still misunderstanding half of what I'm trying to say o_o

This:

49 minutes ago, Zayne Kalis said:

If you're saying black magic only exists when there's evil intent, then technically you couldn't know or learn it, it would just be an effect. It would be impossible to use it in self defense or on an evil person or entity, because, that wouldn't be evil. Your intent would be to harm, yes, but if there's no evil intent, then it can't be black magic according to you. Even if you use the same spells, rituals, whatever, as long as there's no evil intent, it's not black magic. In order for it to be black magic it would have to be used for some bad reason like personal gain or pleasure in causing pain. Even something like healing (something normally considered "white magic") would be black magic if used with malicious intent. For example, someone wants to die but you partially heal them using what are considered white magic techniques with the intent of prolonging their suffering. Or in my previous example of moving an object, it would be black magic if you intended to hurt someone by moving it, even though you were just using a spell to move an object, and not a spell to cause harm.

was just me describing your position so I could clarify that's what I was disagreeing with. That wasn't my own explanation.

21 minutes ago, back to earth said:

.... I am all ears . 

I already mentioned this, but I'll clarify... although I never said anything about leaving out results. My whole point was that results are what matter, not intent.

So, black magic would be spells that directly cause harm or destruction, or require harm or destruction to work (for instance, requiring the misfortune of someone else in order to give you good luck, or requiring you to kill a bat). They evolve around pain, death, destruction (either as a cost or as a result). But I don't think those things are inherently evil.

White magic is the opposite, it doesn't require those things. It doesn't directly cause harm.

For me they're just classifications. Neither are good or bad. Literally anything can be bad with bad intent, but we don't slap "black" or "white" on the beginning of everything, so I don't see the point of having terms dedicated to it. It seems more useful being used to describe different types of spells. And that's just how I've heard other people use it as well.

But eh whatever, I don't expect you to agree with me. No one can seem to agree on anything, and there's so many terms for things it'll make your head spin. We can't even agree on magic, magik or magick haha. Ah well.

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 2:35 AM, emmyK said:

I've been working this guy for 5 years.

I would say you have a bad obsession with him and his family. As pointed out, things happen to people...some die...some get cancer...some get into drugs....some all 3.

What you do not tell us is anything about his family before he tried to so this to you...were they disfunctional? He sure was because of what he tried to do...so it is no surprise he was on drugs, no surprise he got caught and his poor child is likely the product of his abuse and what about the poor childs mother..was she on meths too?

you need to stop thinking you or your grandmother have any powers when you are not even aware of the connections involved in certain lifestyles.

unless you want to prove me wrong and give us the background info on him and his family.

So far it sounds like you had a lucky escape from a low life...why would you possibly make him and his family your obsession? 

Anyway, any pre pimp attempt history please,?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zayne Kalis said:

Eh there's no light and dark side, black magic is just a fancy term to describe spells and rituals that are considered "bad", usually causing harm to a person or requiring blood or sacrifices. It could be used on people who deserve it, or possibly in self defense, or it could be used on innocent people and those who don't deserve it (the wrong hands). I still question its legitimacy though, just making a point.

I've known people that were reckless with it their whole life. Then really bad stuff came back to them years later. I think the energy we release comes back at one time or another. Unless of course the person you used it on actually did deserve it.

4 hours ago, Zayne Kalis said:

Oh my god would you stop breaking my posts up so much o_o Context is important...

Anyway, you said:

In response to:

That's what I meant by you implied it's always in the wrong hands.

As for the rest, where to start... I feel like you're still misunderstanding half of what I'm trying to say o_o

This:

was just me describing your position so I could clarify that's what I was disagreeing with. That wasn't my own explanation.

I already mentioned this, but I'll clarify... although I never said anything about leaving out results. My whole point was that results are what matter, not intent.

But that doesnt hold either ... what If , with  total care and consideration , help an old lady across the street   (or, if you like, do a spell  to help her across  the street  ) and she gets hit by a bus .  Was my act immoral ?   It might be wrong or misplaced ... one might say the result was bad ... but would it be bad magic  ?  

There are better  examples , as in Moonchild, but you aren't answering those questions , so ....  

So, black magic would be spells that directly cause harm or destruction, or require harm or destruction to work (for instance, requiring the misfortune of someone else in order to give you good luck, or requiring you to kill a bat). They evolve around pain, death, destruction (either as a cost or as a result). But I don't think those things are inherently evil.

so it IS the sorcery Vs theurgy debate  ( again , since you didnt answer those questions either , I have to assemble what you mean from other comments . 

White magic is the opposite, it doesn't require those things. It doesn't directly cause harm.

Maybe you are arguing from the outside of the subject , ( hearing and reading about  pop magic  )  and not  from an inside perspective ( a magical school or specific training and practice ) ? 

Anyway , so far we have  , black magic is;  1. )  if you harm things or be destructive in  your preparations .   2) . If the result  or intent is harmfull . 

Assuming white magic is the opposite  to this .  

That is a version of the theurgy Vs sorcery  scenario ... again , I dot know if you understand or follow me here , as you didnt answer that  bit 

(Thats why I break posts up in answering them ....   to address such issues   but  < shrug > 

For me they're just classifications. Neither are good or bad. Literally anything can be bad with bad intent, but we don't slap "black" or "white" on the beginning of everything, so I don't see the point of having terms dedicated to it.

Yes, that is what I have been saying  ... and remember , my original   question regarding this ( since you bought up context in posts being important )   was in context to the statement  made by and a question to the post before it ;  LS7's .

I am prodding him because , although he claims to be an insider ( practioner )  he aint showing it , his  views are rather kindergarten .   

It seems more useful being used to describe different types of spells.

Well, if thats the way oi prefer to use it okay ,  But ,as you can see, thats tricky waters  , good  can be used for bad and visa versa . Thats why many consider intent  and results are  a better way of seeing things  other than method .   

And that's just how I've heard other people use it as well.

Indeed ,  people say all sorts of strange things about magic , for some ,  even for us having this conversation could be endangering our souls   ;) 

But eh whatever, I don't expect you to agree with me.

WEll, I think I get your point a bit better ,   you seem focused more on  method  as being 'black '    other than intent  ( that is of you dont agree with me ).

No one can seem to agree on anything, and there's so many terms for things it'll make your head spin. We can't even agree on magic, magik or magick haha. Ah well.

Oh sure they can , a lot of 'fellow magicians agree with me on this one .  Should I cite texts ?  

'WE'  may not be able to agree but magicians with a bit of experience that are not playing magical kindergarten can agree on the terms   ( Which are important, that why different terms evolved in the first place , to distinguish one thing from another ) :

Magic ; a whole range of stuff including 'stage magic'  - deception, illusion and trickery .  Here one might be able to use your distinctions    ( is sawing the woman in half black or white magic  ? )  

Magick : a distinction Crowley coined to separate the practice  from the above , a type of 'western yoga'  .  In his system 'black magic' is any act done not with the aim of discovering and enacting your  True Will  ( again  terms !  not free will but TRUE will  ) 

Magik  ;   a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most often in relation to the X-Men

Related image

Now  ... Mr Lost Souls  .... you leave her alone  !   Do not put her in your  ' love jar '  ! 

:D 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

I've known people that were reckless with it their whole life. Then really bad stuff came back to them years later.

Curious that , isnt it  ? :)  

3 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

I think the energy we release comes back at one time or another. Unless of course the person you used it on actually did deserve it.

I am going to cast a spell on you .....   using  white madjgicke  ....

Hocus pocus  

I put my focus 

on LostSouls7  

and hs way to heaven

may he buy a lotto ticket

and win lots of money with it .

.... so mote it be . 

...........    waiting   ....     :)   

Yes I will not put her into my love jar! I don't have a love jar..

Just an Evil Jar i put ghosts and bad spirits in there..