Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Series A Haunting

Ghostdancer

Please excuse me if there are prior posts on this. I often watch A Haunting currently being shown on Destination TV. I admit to wondering how authentic these episodes themselves are though I don't doubt that there are those who have had such experiences. 

There all pretty much the same types of stories so if true then any locations which are haunted have similar aspects to them.

Hmmm, anyone here who has been featured in any of these episodes?

• 2 weeks later...

This is my opinion, I have no basis but I think this show is one of those "based on a true story" kind of thing, where they Hollywood it up a little to entice viewers. However anytime that money is involved should be questionable. They make money from selling the dvd's and ads on TV, I'm sure its good bread considering how long the show has been around and with any good bread, you can feed anyone you want to sit in front of a camera and read from a teleprompter.

Maybe I'm just too skeptical though but one thing I noticed about this show is that it's often far more dramatic than most any other ghost story I've ever heard. We have non physical entities hurting people. Now really if something can hurt you, can throw objects...etc, it can kill you or throw a knife at you all the same and makes me question why no one has ever been reported to die in any of these ghost stories?

I have seen some very compelling and believable footage of moving objects, poltergeist activity..etc from those not making a dime nor want to reveal their Identities so I don't disregard these stories entirely but I still can't help but wonder how a ghost can hide your keys from you, flip on lights, turn a faucet or stack all your chairs on a table and yet not be able to make millions of dollars appear on your table or make you trip down the stairs to your death. I mean they never seem to be fully helpful nor fully lethal and that's just not characteristic of human nature.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of people don't do them shows out of fear of making fun of.