Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrestrial Zodiacs & Terrestrial Land Art

ppp23

Landscape zodiac

A landscape zodiac (or terrestrial zodiac) is a map of the stars on a gigantic scale, formed by features in the landscape, such as roads, streams and field boundaries. Perhaps the best known alleged example is the Glastonbury Temple of the Stars, situated around Glastonbury in Somerset, England. The temple is thought by some to depict a colossal zodiac.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_zodiac

3 hours ago, ppp23 said:

Landscape zodiac

A landscape zodiac (or terrestrial zodiac) is a map of the stars on a gigantic scale, formed by features in the landscape, such as roads, streams and field boundaries. Perhaps the best known alleged example is the Glastonbury Temple of the Stars, situated around Glastonbury in Somerset, England. The temple is thought by some to depict a colossal zodiac.

Howdy PPP23

Hmmmm the wiki link contradicts your claim and the few minutes of the video show woods, lakes and other terrain features that kinda look like things. Very unconvincing as tree lines etc are not ancient but modern and were formed by transformation of forest to farm land. This work kinda reminded me of the those fellows some decades ago who were finding parrots and things on/in the surface features of Mars.

An aside I once knew a poster named PPP2 and yet another called PPP77 are you related?

7 hours ago, ppp23 said:

Landscape zodiac

A landscape zodiac (or terrestrial zodiac) is a map of the stars on a gigantic scale, formed by features in the landscape, such as roads, streams and field boundaries.

But the items highlighted in the video are not maps of any stars or asterisms ???  I cant even see 'a zodiac'  , if that was what you were trying to show ( a zodiac isnt a map of stars )  , not even 'signs of the zodiac' , unless there is a new sign called 'various heads ' .

And expecting to see any terrestrial zodiac constructed from an arrangement of features created at different times ... well, I just cant see the point of that . 

7 hours ago, ppp23 said:

Perhaps the best known alleged example is the Glastonbury Temple of the Stars, situated around Glastonbury in Somerset, England. The temple is thought by some to depict a colossal zodiac.

I am familiar with that idea but the above one  is very lacking . 

There was a book a woman put out many years ago ( before my time) some woman in UK where she linked many sites and the ground art with a type of zodiac she claimed was the zodiac of the people that made the images. Cant remember the name or Book title. 

You would be better off looking for signs of terrestrial  star mapping away from modern constructions ;

Image result for aboriginal astronomy

• Like 2

From your source:

The idea was examined by two independent studies, one by Ian Burrow in 1975 and the other in 1983 by Tom Williamson and Liz Bellamy, using the standard methods of landscape historical research. Both studies concluded that the evidence contradicted the idea. The eye of Capricorn identified by Maltwood was a haystack. The western wing of the Aquarius phoenix was a road laid in 1782 to run around Glastonbury, and older maps dating back to the 1620s show the road had no predecessors. The Cancer boat (not a crab as would be expected) is made up of a network of eighteenth century drainage ditches and paths. There are some Neolithic paths preserved in the peat of the bog formerly comprising most of the area, but none of the known paths match the lines of the zodiac features. There is no support for this theory, or for the existence of the "temple" in any form, from conventional archaeologists or mainstream historians.

Bolding by me.

Talk about hoist by your own petard. If you had managed to shoehorn in a reference to Atlantis, I'd be sure you were Mario Dantas.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

From your source:

Bolding by me.

Talk about hoist by your own petard. If you had managed to shoehorn in a reference to Atlantis, I'd be sure you were Mario Dantas.

--Jaylemurph

Yeah that is why I said their link contradicted their claim. I mean it does help to read your own links before providing them as evidence....a poster decades ago on a forum far far away with a name like PP77 or somesuch was finding rocks on Mars looked like parrots and 'things' - eerie similarity in these claims to those.

• Like 1

I suppose, as usual, the matter will be settled by either  the posters never again appearance  or  .....  some type of explanation from them  . 

• Like 1

..... oh yeah ..... Mrs  Maltwood .... that was the name I forgot   !    ( I didnt even bother checking that wiki link ) ....  thanks  J . 

• Like 1