Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2017 authentic spirituality

UM-Bot

This is the time of year when visioning, orienting intentions and setting goals is at the top of most people’s minds.  The first step is reflecting on what the last year's successes were and what needs to be re-intentioned for this year.  Depending on your personality type, one of these processes will be easier than others.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=303965

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sees

• UM-Bot

• Sinias Ray

Goal setting isn't exclusive to spirituality though.  Being spiritual is very much being in the here and now, the everlasting present.

I like the authentic spirituality section, i.e. about integrating thoughts with our actions, not just lip service - walking the talk!  That's very important and separates the wheat from the chaff. 

• 1 month later...

Very good post. In addition, authentic spirituality is not only based on what we can do or see. It is also allowing someone greater than us to help us see the unseen realities. That supreme being is the Creator God.

9 hours ago, Sinias Ray said:

Very good post. In addition, authentic spirituality is not only based on what we can do or see. It is also allowing someone greater than us to help us see the unseen realities. That supreme being is the Creator God.

Yes that works for many spiritualised people.  Unfortunately, maybe because I'm a realist, I don't feel this connection and I don't want to fake it.

It's possible to be spiritual - e.g. being focused on love - without this faith.

Edited by sees