Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Winston Churchill's views on aliens revealed

Still Waters

Those who think of Churchill only as a political leader will be surprised to know that around 1900, the young Churchill was the highest-paid journalist in England. The man could write.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Too bad that not even the moon thing has come to fruition.

very good!

Churchill was not only a leader but he had a brilliant mind :) I'm so glad they found these papers that evidence he was such a futuristic visionary in his thoughts that has been missed historical until now.

I'm American and remember him being viewed here by many as an alcoholic John Bull ally! As I read more about him, he fascinated me by his own sort of wisdom and intelligence as Prime Minister. He was much more insightful then he has been given credit. I find him a very complex and fascinating person, you just have to love him when you discover more about his life and insights!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, seanjo said:

He was voted Greatest Briton for a reason.

He was also dumped as PM as soon as the war was over.  Only saying!

• Like 3

That's politics as usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, White Unicorn said:

That's politics as usual.

That's the British electorate.  Vote Conservative when skint and there's killing to be done then vote Labour when it looks like we're safe.  Then vote Conservative again because Labour have made a pig's ear of the finances, as they always will.  (2+2 = Whatever the Committee decide)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, seanjo said:

And then re-elected after a Labour-run government term...just saying...

He still got dumped.  lol

He was really ill during that second term.. Was a damned shame.  :(

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Just now, seanjo said:

Dumped by a war-weary populous that wanted a different face.

That's the British electorate for you.

• Like 2

You can say what you want about Churchill, but he had those Nazis totally zeroed long before many others  didn't..  He understood exactly where they were coming from.

The man had had "Cojones" made of brass.

• Like 3

Nice to know one of our greatest ever leaders was not only a natural leader, inspiring a nation throughout the second world war, but he also had an open mind and embraced broad philosophical questions too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2017 at 10:56 PM, PersonFromPorlock said:

Those who think of Churchill only as a political leader will be surprised to know that around 1900, the young Churchill was the highest-paid journalist in England. The man could write.

English_speaking.jpg

Churchill was close to broke for much of his life and made money by writing books and articles for newspapers and magazines, beginning with a book on the war on the north west frontier of what is now Pakistan, against Afghan incursions.

His next book was about the war in the Sudan. He also covered the Boer War as a journalist.