Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Undocumented immigrant seeks church sanctuary

Clarakore

3 hours ago, aztek said:

of course they do. unless you are paid cash "under the table" or a consultant\ temp worker.  all w2 employees are verified by HR. but op is clueless 7 out of 10 times i noticed.

What do you mean by verified? If physically inspected, then yes. If matched against a database (E-verify) , not always nor is there any law that forces E-verification for all employees.

See above post with official government link and this:

E-Verify is a voluntary program for most employers, but mandatory for some, such as employers with federal contracts or subcontracts that contain the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. 

http://www.hrlegalist.com/2014/10/i-9-and-e-verify-knowing-the-difference-makes-a-big-difference-for-employers/

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

totally useless link, since it is not gvmnt that verifies potential employees, but HR dept. and they do so every time they hire permanent worker.  pretty much anyone who was hired by a large company had been subjected to background check. they know because they gave written consent, and were explained what is verified and checked.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Four Winds said:

There is no way she started a company legally, she would have had to steal someones social security number.  Who did she employ?  Other illegals with stolen identities?

While I am sympathetic, she did break the law, likely stole an identity and as sad as her story is, there are real consequences she will have to face.

Companies can be started legally and are by undocumented immigrants.

By some estimates, hundreds of thousands of American small businesses are owned by undocumented immigrants. Tamara Jimenez and her family are one example. She and her mother came to the United States 11 years ago from Nicaragua, when Tamara was 15 years old. After years of working odd and insecure jobs, they decided to open a bakery in North Philadelphia.

“It just makes sense for our own economic security to have our own business, even though we didn’t know along the way what was going to happen to us because of the deportations,” she said one afternoon as she sold warm Colombian cheese bread. A fraction of every dollar the bakery earns is set aside for city, state and federal taxes; a Philadelphia Department of Health inspection certificate hangs prominently above the cash register. The business is legal in every way, even though all of its owners are not.

It’s hard to say how many companies are owned by the roughly 12 million undocumented people in the U.S. Business owners don’t need to declare their status.

The late USC professor and immigration expert Harry Pachon estimated that 8 to 10 percent of undocumented people in America are legal entrepreneurs. If that’s true, it would mean this subset of immigrants owns hundreds of thousands of U.S. businesses.

Philadelphia immigration lawyer Kimberly Tomczak says it’s quite common for undocumented immigrants to own businesses in the city. “I see it a lot. A lot of my clients are business owners. It’s mostly common in restaurants or convenience stores or corner stores, but you also see it with construction and contracting work.”

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/real-money-with-alivelshi/articles/2014/3/27/undocumented-entrepreneursnosocialsecuritynumberowningabusiness.html

you do not need SS to open a company, only tax id, and illegals can get tax id. 

but again it is irrelevant because the illegal from op has SS, stolen SS.

Edited by aztek

4 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

I stand corrected.  It is true you could do it with just a tax id.

Edited by Four Winds
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

I-9s are not submitted for verification but held in storage in case a government agency wishes to inspect them.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9

Yes but in order to complete the form the employer needs to see a SS card. You couldn't just give them your SSN, you had to have the card. I had lost mine and had to get another before I could start work.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Yes but in order to complete the form the employer needs to see a SS card. 

absolutely, they make copy of it, and use it for background check.

one of hr reps in my company is a good frend of mine, he said every ss number (first 3 letters) show what state ss was issued so if applicants says he was born in one state but ss leters say another, that is a big red flag, best case failed BGCK worst case , a call to authorities

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

one of hr reps in my company is a good frend of mine, he said every ss number (first 3 letters) show what state ss was issued so if applicants says he was born in one state but ss leters say another, that is a big red flag, best case failed BGCK worst case , a call to authorities

The last 4 digits are the most important thing in the SS, that is why they always ask four it and can identify you with it.

18 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Yes but in order to complete the form the employer needs to see a SS card. You couldn't just give them your SSN, you had to have the card. I had lost mine and had to get another before I could start work.

Employers are legaly compelled to verify the SS card which if a good forgery can simply pass muster. It is possible some employers say they do check but don't as well for the only proof necessary is holding the I-9 in storage for 4 years in case the government wishes to inspect.

When it is checked by the employer at the time of hiring it could be a forgery with actual stolen SSN or a fake SSN. In either case the SS card would look no different from the SS card you or I own.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

Not all private companies do background checks nor are they legally bound to outside of a few companies that have government contracts.

The link you posted on the first page of this thread was for a software company. Not all companies are forced to buy that software or any software at all.

7 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Employers are legaly compelled to verify the SS card which if a good forgery can simply pass muster. It is possible some employers say they do check but don't as well for the only proof necessary is holding the I-9 in storage for 4 years in case the government wishes to inspect.

When it is checked by the employer at the time of hiring it could be a forgery with actual stolen SSN or a fake SSN. In either case the SS card would look no different from the SS card you or I own.

That would be a crime. Another reason to deport her.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

If this was in regards to this particular case, Vizguerra was caught with an application with fake SSN according to her attorney.

Perhaps she would have taken the forged one with fake SSN later if actually hired.

She was also on the way to work. So presumably the application was for another job.

Again Social Security Administration does not care or inform employers if an employee is using a fake or stolen SSN. They simply collect employment taxes and keep them in trust. Lots of cash they rake in.

Only DHS and other agencies would check "if they" perform an inspection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

The last 4 digits are the most important thing in the SS, that is why they always ask four it and can identify you with it.

yes and no,  they are no more important than 4 last numbers on your credit card, they are just used to verify, by those who have your number already on file. they are important as far as verification goes, but by itself those 4 serial numbers do not represent much unlike first 3. 

many agencies that use your ss# do not want to any customer service agent know your full number,  but only 4 to verify they talk to you, supervisors, and managers do have access to your full number. 

in short if i know only last 4 numbers of your SS i can not do much with it,   a lot less than i can with your name, address and dob.

Edited by aztek

3 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

That would be a crime. Another reason to deport her.

Some are more concerned with violent offenders. Luckily for you and others this administration seems to take your view. Obama claimed to hold the other view but I am not sure he practiced it as he deported over 400,000 I believe. Not sure they were all violent offenders. But the climate is definitely different now with many families in fear of being broken up and torn apart.

9 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Again Social Security Administration does not care or inform employers if an employee is using a fake or stolen SSN. They simply collect employment taxes and keep them in trust. Lots of cash they rake in.

lol, complete nonsense.

Social Security Administration has 0 to do with taxes, it is IRS. there is no trust where Social Security Administration collects  keeps taxes. (you would be somewhat right if you only meant SS part of the tax., but it does not look to me you were talking about that part specifically)

it starting to look like 9 out of 10.,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

If this was in regards to this particular case, Vizguerra was caught with an application with fake SSN according to her attorney.

Perhaps she would have taken the forged one with fake SSN later if actually hired.

She was also on the way to work. So presumably the application was for another job.

Again Social Security Administration does not care or inform employers if an employee is using a fake or stolen SAN. They simply collect employment taxes and keep them in trust. Lots of cash they rake in.

Only DHS and other agencies would check "if they" perform an inspection.

I always thought it strange that as an employer I was expected to verify the legal status of any potential employee. Sounds like a job for the government to me. That's why I disagree with the folks that say punish the people that hire the illegals. Why? It's not their job to enforce immigration law.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

. That's why I disagree with the folks that say punish the people that hire the illegals. Why? It's not their job to enforce immigration law.

there is too many laws\regulation\loopholes about that, it can be twisted either way, all depends on a lawyer, or ADA.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is true or not... but if it is, then the liberal dogma isn't just destructive to our nation, it is dangerous to our citizens in all sense. Also Brown needs to be dragged into the street and shot execution style, he is a traitor to california people and he put the needs of foreigners above the citizens of his state. He also spend money trying to win more voters for that matter. Liberals talk about wanting to avoid things like this, but they are the direct cause to this, corruption is very deeply ingrained in California politics, that it goes straight to the core of the state. Heck Arnold even advocate against gerrymandering that been going on in California and he is pretty damn liberal.

It is a given that the Democrats have long been trying to own the illegal immigrant vote. President Obama and candidate Hillary Clinton were willing to endanger American citizens by not halting immigration to the United States until better security measures could be implemented for detecting terrorists.

Now as well as dirty bombs and machine guns in the hands of terrorists one can add drowning as a danger to American citizens, as revealed by a Democrat spending money on winning the illegal immigrant vote rather than repairing a collapsing dam.

Post Emergency Report Concludes CA Governor Directed Critical Dam Funds to Programs for Illegals

Edited by Uncle Sam

30 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Some are more concerned with violent offenders. Luckily for you and others this administration seems to take your view. Obama claimed to hold the other view but I am not sure he practiced it as he deported over 400,000 I believe. Not sure they were all violent offenders. But the climate is definitely different now with many families in fear of being broken up and torn apart.

I am a simple man, and although I operate on the "let the punishment fit the crime" principle, all crimes should be dealt with by the appropriate arm of the justice system.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, complete nonsense.

Social Security Administration has 0 to do with taxes, it is IRS. there is no trust where Social Security Administration collects  keeps taxes.

it starting to look like 9 out of 1

Medicare taxes go into Medicare, the state and federal taxes go to the state and feds, the social security taxes removed from paychecks goes to Social Security Administration and not the IRS.

It works like this: Many immigrants who aren’t authorized to work in the United States buy fake Social Security cards and present them to their employers, who either don’t know they are fake or don’t look too closely. When the employer submits a W-2 form and a tax payment on those workers’ behalf to the Social Security Administration, the federal government holds onto those payroll taxes, even if the Social Security number isn’t linked to anyone on file. And then, a large chunk of that money ends up in the Social Security trust funds, from which retirement benefits are doled out to aging Americans.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/09/undocumented-immigrants-and-taxes/499604/

In fact, illegal immigration is considered largely responsible for the mushrooming of the file, with undocumented workers paying billions in taxes for retirement benefits they will likely never receive.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/09/undocumented-immigrants-and-taxes/499604/

19 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Medicare taxes go into Medicare, the state and federal taxes go to the state and feds, the social security taxes removed from paychecks goes to Social Security Administration and not the IRS.

irs collects all taxes from us,  when i worked for 1099, i send all taxes to irs. as one lump sum.  nether medicare not SS collects any from taxpayers, again your points worth 0.

btw links from pro immigration sites are as good as the onion's. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

you got 400.000 from the Atlantic site???  lmao, now i see where you get your nonsense, obama deported around 2,5 millions. that site has 0 credibility.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

you got 400.000 from the Atlantic site???  lmao, now i see where you get your nonsense, obama deported around 2,5 millions. that site has 0 credibility.

I stated I believe that was the number but was wrong. Did not get it from The Atlantic. Thanks for this single correction.

2 hours ago, aztek said:

16729392_1224913460877429_9043459434508948480_n.png?oh=f14a2a83b7e33d1230f542e28c49c151&oe=592F7F22

btw there is i129 form, that allows a farm owner to bring pretty much anyone as a temp farm worker, legally. 

Yes they can but with robotics not many farm laborers will be needed in the future.

Japanese firm to open world’s first robot-run farm

Online Grocer Debuts "Fruit-Picking Robot" In Latest Blow To Minimum Wage Proponents

• Like 2