Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing with my eyes closed

Camella

Hello everybody.

I'm new here. I'm curious if anybody else has experienced this.

I's happend a few times to me now. I was waking up, lying in the dark, looking at my room. And then I opened my eyes! I was totally surprised that I didn't have my eyes open before. I saw the room with the pile of clothes, exactly the same. The first time it happened, I thought it was just from me not being completely awake, but when it happened again I knew I really experienced it.
I'm not talking about meditating and visions.. I'm talking: seeing what is really there, but through closed eyelids.

Let me know what you think, :) 

I've done the same.. What's weirder is that I tend to fall asleep with a book beside me and I'll fall asleep and 'read' some in my sleep.

I pick up were I left off the last day but everything is familiar so I skip it.

It's creepy and cool to me but this is the first and last time I'll mention it. Cool how I don't waste any time in sleep.

I think you have a heightened awareness to everything around you.

Welcome to UM by the way. Don't take anything personally here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camella said:

Hello everybody.

I's happend a few times to me now. I was waking up, lying in the dark, looking at my room. And then I opened my eyes! I was totally surprised that I didn't have my eyes open before. I saw the room with the pile of clothes, exactly the same. The first time it happened, I thought it was just from me not being completely awake, but when it happened again I knew I really experienced it.
I'm not talking about meditating and visions.. I'm talking: seeing what is really there, but through closed eyelids.

I have had that happen several times as well and it is always during that period going from dreaming to being fully awake.  I think I am awake looking around my room, then my eyes open and I'm actually looking at my room. 

I think that experience is due to what psychologists call "Hypnagogia".  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

14 hours ago, xYlvax said:

I've done the same.. What's weirder is that I tend to fall asleep with a book beside me and I'll fall asleep and 'read' some in my sleep.

It's creepy and cool to me but this is the first and last time I'll mention it. Cool how I don't waste any time in sleep.

Thank you for welcoming me! And I do have a heightened awareness. I love that! (although it can also be a burden.) Sometimes I really need to stop dead in my tracks and check with myself if it is my emotion I'm feeling or if it is someone elses. 
Your last remark, about taking anything personally.. Could you elaborate? (I couldn't find where I could contact you personally, hence the qoutation)

• Like 1

Yes, but my similar experiences tend to happen as I'm falling asleep instead of as I wake up.  It's a great way to shift into a lucid dream if you can stay relaxed and just ease into it. If it happens again, and you become aware of it happening, try to resist the urge to physically open your eyes (it'll be hard!) and don't think too much. Just go with it.

Also, welcome to UM :) 

• Like 1

I meant that some here take their skepticism for things to a sometimes sarcastic level. If that happens don't take it personally.

• Like 2

It's happened a few times to me when coming out of meditation & It's always a surprise when I  realise I've not opened  eyes yet.

last time it happened it was the kitchen i saw ( i was actually still in living room), usually it's the living room I see -where i always sit for meditating.

I also try each time to hold onto the seeing for longer, & find that the room is not exactly the same  - with some things in different locations.

I only logged in to post to your interesting observation as  I had not thought of finding others similar experience.

Alas,  this website originally began with good intentions but is now just  a click-bait enterprise (imo) infested with skeptics. So i only look around here sometimes for links to other places in the articles.

Edited by Almeisan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 7:25 AM, Camella said:

Hello everybody.

Yep, me as well, l was waking up from a nap, phew 30+ years ago, and looked around my room. But then realized that l was actually looking through my eyelids.

then l opened my eyelids and then looked about.

Room was exactly the same, but with my eyelids closed, everything looked black and white.

I have researched this and found it to most likely be the third eye, or before the uneviatable happens, the third eye has been shown to have similar capibilities that a bat has to see in the dark, by using radar, (l know simple explanation but accurate).

Huge potential for the blind to see, but in this world? :rofl:

On 2/17/2017 at 7:29 AM, xYlvax said:

:ph34r:

On 2/17/2017 at 9:53 PM, Camella said:

Thank you for welcoming me! And I do have a heightened awareness. I love that! (although it can also be a burden.) Sometimes I really need to stop dead in my tracks and check with myself if it is my emotion I'm feeling or if it is someone elses. 
Your last remark, about taking anything personally.. Could you elaborate? (I couldn't find where I could contact you personally, hence the qoutation)

Usually Camella, you post or comment on a touchy subject and try to show that it is legit, and it could end up being 10 against one.

I and others have been flamed grilled once or twice here, and it is a case of the better the evidence the,......never mind.

On 2/26/2017 at 9:05 PM, Almeisan said:

It's happened a few times to me when coming out of meditation & It's always a surprise when I  realise I've not opened  eyes yet.

last time it happened it was the kitchen i saw ( i was actually still in living room), usually it's the living room I see -where i always sit for meditating.

I also try each time to hold onto the seeing for longer, & find that the room is not exactly the same  - with some things in different locations.

I only logged in to post to your interesting observation as  I had not thought of finding others similar experience.

Alas,  this website originally began with good intentions but is now just  a click-bait enterprise (imo) infested with skeptics. So i only look around here sometimes for links to other places in the articles.

Yes, l know of some forums and members that will ignore the obvious and bring stupidity to new heights. Rave about how critical thinking is a badge of honor, and how most who believe in this stuff are imaging it all.

When they die, or course then they release what they did and what they lost!

Yeah, critical thinking! :blink:

B)