Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the SJW thing meant to be divisive?

Four Winds

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, jaylemurph said:

If you're seriously suggesting this, then you've fundamentally misunderstood what the protesters were saying. They weren't afraid that Milo himself was literally going to rape and kill anyone, but that his rhetoric -- which most people correctly label as hate speech -- might inspire other people to rape and kill, because Milo's language insults and debases certain group already as risk for being beaten and killed.

If you've been paying any attention to the news, the rhetoric of Donald Trump is very similar and has, in fact, been linked to the significant uptick in incidents of hate speech and actions -- the kicking over of Jewish headstones, the appearance of Nazi-sympathetic posters and fliers, etc.

The basic premise of people interested in social justice is that everyone deserves equity. To people who traditionally have more power and privilege, and who seldom are bothered to think what the lives of others might be like, that is a threat to their status quo.

--Jaylemurph

But cant you see how ridiculous that is? Bet they cant point out a single thing the man has ever said that would lead one to believe people are going to rape and kill over it.

What's even more amazing is how they then, in the same night, attempted to kill people over it. Hypocrisy

They do NOT stand for equality. They stand for equal outcome, big difference.

• Like 2

Here is a great example of why SJW's have become the brunt of many jokes.

The so-called March for Science is a social justice movement planning a major demonstration next month to oppose President Trump’s policies on science and the environment. Its promoters have courted the progressive crowd, and now they’re reaping the consequences. Namely, they recently came under fire for using the word “female.”

In late February, the organizers tweeted out a question: “Are you a female who thought about doing engineering but decided against it? Why? What can the science community do better? #ScienceMarch”

This seemingly innocuous tweet was intended to ask supporters—especially young women—why they were supporting the March, soliciting suggestions to address gender inequality within STEM fields.

With their penchant to be readily outraged, progressives following the account completely missed the point and took it to task for using the word “female.”

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/anti-trump-march-for-science-forced-to-apologize-for-calling-women-females/?mod=sm_tw_post

• Like 3

On 3/7/2017 at 9:34 AM, preacherman76 said:

Well that's cause you have fallen into the trap of actually becoming a racist. Either what someone says has merit or it doesn't. The color of their skin has nothing to do with it. You actually assume the color of a persons skin disqualifies them from speaking. That's amazing.

Problem with the term black lives matter, and why it was met with all lives matter, is because BLM is a statement that assumes there are people in this country who think black lives don't matter. Now sure you could probably pick a couple people out who that description would be just, but its hardly worth starting a movement over. Point out that there is a literal genocide being committed to and by black people, and its crickets. smh indeed.

I really like this point, I find with a lot of SJW's that they all share the common thought of "If you're not like us, then your opinion doesn't matter." Although, at the same time I just wonder whether they decide to not listen to people regardless of their community and I will show you why! 

• This guy here is trying to have a rational conversation with the girl that starts to speak and her first comments are about him being on a bicycle? Since when did being on or off a bicycle determine our intelligence or rational thought?
  • The girl also says "People like you are a part of the problem." from what I have seen this guy has done nothing wrong, but answer the questions which he was asked by the guy with the microphone. He has said nothing nasty, he hasn't insulted any of the people protesting, but yet this girl is either assuming or just being super ignorant!

I'm not sure who this guy supports, it doesn't really matter to me too much, but he makes great points and none of them are argued back against with logic. Even the older woman after about 3 minutes in, when he asks her whether she knows her stuff about planned parenthood, instead of answering she takes a step back, which doesn't help the situation at all.

This video above is also another classic example on how SJWs react to situation. At the beginning of the video, while the professor of the university is speaking, the crowd (mainly SJW protestors) are chanting "Shame, shame, shame!" like really? We just stepped into Game of Thrones or something? The fact that these people want to be treated equally and then they think that they have the right to speak over someone just because they are different isn't right. They should wait until it's time for questions to get answered and make logical reasons & statements to why they disagree. It's like the saying "Shooting yourself in the foot." because before they have had the chance to explain why they are unhappy, they are already getting a bad impression from everyone by their behaviour and people are less likely to listen or understand after that.

The girl with the bun, which you can see at first at 2:11 she is one of the leaders of the BLM group in Toronto! Lauren Southern hasn't really done anything wrong apart from her job and asking questions, which is in her right to do so, of course. Anyways, this woman then reacts at 4:02 with throwing glitter over Lauren and if you notice that the girl isn't exactly doing it in a nice matter, but more like "Hah, I'm going to keep throwing this at you because it's annoying and because I'm not actually touching you and it's not a gun, you can't do anything." At least that is the vibe I got or that maybe she wanted to damage the mic somehow, would be interested to know what you thought of her behaviour. You can already tell that this girl doesn't like Southern by her cussing beforehand as well.

The attack on Southern is around 5:25 by the Gothic looking person, then you see the aftermath and Smugglypuff blatantly lying to the camera and the police right there. This is why SJW's are getting a bad name and this is just from two videos, there are plenty more on YouTube. I'd also like to point out that Lauren is also trans, so essentially they are attacking someone from the LGBTQ community.

Edited by Bau
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2017 at 8:58 PM, ChaosRose said:

Meh. I hadn't heard about this, but if people are working for social justice, I can't imagine how it's not a good thing. 

couldn't even imagine such a thing, huh.

I think that you are kind of missing the poin here as this thread isn't about social justice in general (nothing wrong with social justice), it is about social justice warriors (SJW). There is nothing wrong with wanting social justice or equality, as in equal opportunities, because realistically we can't all expect equal outcome (we are all different with intelligence and emotion, someone who can't add 10x10 obviously won't have the equal outcome of being a doctor, however, this person would have the equal opportunity to do so.)

The reason why these people are called social justice warriors is because of the way they act within their protests and around other people. It also doesn't help that the 'statistics' they have spewed are incorrect and most likely came from clickbait articles (i.e. fake news). They have also assualted numerous amounts of people, even Shi LeBouf who is now a social justice warrior with his exhibit at the museum, which personally, I thought was a good idea, but chanting and shouting the same thing for Trump's whole presidency is strange? You'd think they would do something more constructive like actually interview the people around, get people talking and getting to know one another. I'll show you what I mean, I don't necessarily agree with the views of the YouTuber, however it is a good way to understand what is going on with that situation. I'm also up for vid suggestions too!

And then if you have watched the video about Lauren Southern which I have posted in this forum you will see her also getting assaulted by an SJW and also, before that there is another woman being attack by a different SJW. Just because they are different, doesn't mean they can just attack someone? If they want equality, they should be expected to be treated just like anyone else, it isn't an excuse to act like an animal. People listen to them, but when they have to answer questions or even getting recorded is becoming an issue now (which is so laughable, especially in the USA, pretty sure there is a law you can record on public places?) and even just speaking to someone who is trying to understand. I believe if someone wants to make a point they should do it in a logical, respectable and reasonable way. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean outrage should be the instant emotion. This is why people who want social justice and social justice warriors (SJW) are different.

Edited by Bau
im a noob?
  • Like 1

I don't know if they were ment to be divisive, but I tend to lean towards the anti-SJW side of things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

I don't know if they were ment to be divisive, but I tend to lean towards the anti-SJW side of things.

And I understand that. Social Justice is a laudable thing.

Social Justice Warriors are a whole other thing. A bad thing. A friend of mine refers to them as the puppy hugging brigade. Most recently, I had an individual claiming that vegans were cruel for eating vegetables because they were infringing upon the life rights of said vegetables. They were most unhappy when I pointed out the inevitable consequence. And also when I asked what it is that they actually eat on a day to day basis.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Abaddonire said:

And I understand that. Social Justice is a laudable thing.

Social Justice Warriors are a whole other thing. A bad thing. A friend of mine refers to them as the puppy hugging brigade. Most recently, I had an individual claiming that vegans were cruel for eating vegetables because they were infringing upon the life rights of said vegetables. They were most unhappy when I pointed out the inevitable consequence. And also when I asked what it is that they actually eat on a day to day basis.

Soylent Green

It's the only logical resource to use. 

@Bau

Thanks for your comments and the videos -- :tu:

'Big Joe' was brilliant and really served it up to the '''protesters''' -
He was spot on with everything he said and that woman who was going nuts
at him seemed to be completely emotionally out of control - I wonder if that's
what links all the 'SWJs'... that they are emotionally all over the place and very
immature because of privilege and lack of real life experiences... easily flattered
into thinking they are morally superior and easy prey for the political propagandists -
and the Mind Control Media.. 

Big Joe tried to educate them about where their actions would lead if they destabilized
society and caused social breakdown..... by not accepting the democratic outcome of
the election ---- marshal Law ---

I love Big Joe

• Like 1

@Bau (again)

and the video of the Toronto 'Radicals'... closing down free speech and behaving like
spoilt brats -- it makes your blood run cold that these Useful Idiots are completely oblivious
to what they are doing - they are scary immature people who I feel could easily be turned 
into killing machines (well some of them but probably not the really mouthy ones.. they would
slink away if the going got tough -) 
like some religious types who can be fired up and used for acts of violence - especially when
they get isolated from wider society and overly influenced by their peer group -

I know that sounds a bit dramatic but brainwashed people who become devoid of empathy
and clear thinking are a concern -

and the Shia LaBeouf video - OMG that was brilliant... laugh out loud stuff ..
just hilarious that it all caved in so quickly - and going back to what I said about
'SJW' types being emotionally all over the place.. emotionally out of control -
he gave us a fine example of that .. :rofl: 

cheers

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

I think it's perhaps fair to point out that Lauren is actually a reporter on a conservative blog, or is it vlog, which is often featured by Alex Jones, so it's not like she's some helpless blonde who's being bullied by lefties, or if she is being, I bet she's quite capable of giving as good as she gets. 

I'm pretty sure she is a parto f the right movement, yes, although she is actually going independent now. 

Which I am really happy about because I've never really liked the other ones on Rebel Media, find them quite annoying (men & women), although I'm not sure why... Gut feeling? Idk. I guess we will see whether she will stick to her want of unbias news now that she is control of her own footage and the honesty of the sponsors is endearing.

And no problem at all @bee I actually used to consider myself as part of the Left movement, normally voting for parties like Green Party, but now after all this uncovering that has been done on the SJWs, I don't even know who I support anymore. No one? Because everyone is a liar lol. 

However, to take this away from Lauren Southern as she isn't the only person on the world wide web to ever encounter these SJWs. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think this guy works for Alex Jones or Rebel Media and once again more hate speech by the SJWs. I understand that they were unhappy with the result, however, your system has electoral colleges, if they hadn't of been blindsided by the media and expected Hilary to win; then things might have been different. As well as making up lies that it was hacked by the Russians is bizarre (I personally think from observing her she is a narcissist) However, the result is now is done, something everyone will have to put up with unless pursued legally.

Off the topic of Trump and now based around another SJW.

No mention of Trump whatsoever, so you can't say that SJW's are just Hilary supporters, they generally fall under left wing (but personally, I don't think that's proven) and yeah... :>

• Like 1