Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up'

Unusual Tournament

Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up' against Brexit

Tony Blair is to announce his "mission" to persuade Britons' to "rise up" and change their minds on Brexit.

The former prime minister will say in a speech later that people voted in the referendum "without knowledge of the true terms of Brexit".

He will say he wants to "build support for finding a way out from the present rush over the cliff's edge".

But former Cabinet minister Iain Duncan Smith said Mr Blair's comments were arrogant and utterly undemocratic.

Downing Street has said it is "absolutely committed" to seeing Brexit through.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38996179

• Like 1

why would anyone want to subject themselves to a collective government with lots of red tape and rules on accepting refugees to naming cheese. EU was not just a trading block and is now a political block as well. UK can and will get trade deals etc, it is not going to be sanctioned by anybody. It seems like lot of politicians have some vested interest in staying in eu, instead of accepting the vote and working towards it they are creating hurdles. 

• Like 7

I thought that warmongering little weasel* Blair had gone a bit quiet lately ....

But he's back.. :rolleyes:...heavily promoted by the BBC -

I can see it now Blair and Bercow manning the barricades outside Parliament when Article 50 is triggered -

Baying for blood and calling for the Millenials, Snowflakes and Remainers to rise up :o...:D 

* apologies to actual weasels who live in the wild

• Like 7

Rise up and demand his and Bush's arrest, yes.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bee said:

I thought that warmongering little weasel* Blair had gone a bit quiet lately ....

But he's back.. :rolleyes:...heavily promoted by the BBC -

I can see it now Blair and Bercow manning the barricades outside Parliament when Article 50 is triggered -

Baying for blood and calling for the Millenials, Snowflakes and Remainers to rise up :o...:D 

* apologies to actual weasels who live in the wild

Don't sell Blair short, bee... at any moment he could accuse the brexiteers of harbouring WMD and just remove May by force. ;) He's already done it once before you know. Anyway, its just Blair gas bagging since he fails to mention how exactly he intends to mobilise the remainders into reversing brexit. But whatever he says and does is IMO just positioning himself for the massive i told you so that will only become real after brexit and many years latter.  Essentially playing the part of Cassandra.  

• Like 3

If Tony Blair told me to jump from a burning building I'd run back inside, find a sofa that wasn't yet cinders, sit down and put me feet up :D 

The only time you know he's telling the truth is when he's blindfolded, gagged, in a drug induced coma, and buried under 60ft of lead.  And even then I wouldn't be too sure.

But a clever move to get him to ensure 98% of the UK population would now rather skin themselves alive and jump in a vat of boiling vinegar than not leave the EU :lol::rofl::lol:

Edited by Essan
  • Like 5

Oh I hate the man, I really do. 

Alexi Sayle once said that the current PM always makes the last one look not so bad really, he predicted that it was take an invasion of alien zombies to make Thatcher look better. At the time I thought he was right, now though....

• Like 4

Blair is that toxic even Remain have distanced themselves from him and his comments. :D I welcome Blair's intervention. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Yes, I just put this in the Brexit thread. A good bit of comedy is always welcome, isn't it. The little man thinks that people will take any notice of what he says, bless him! Isn't he just so cute you want to cuddle him.
Or throw him in a maximum security jail for war criminals, along with H.Clinton.

It sounds about like the reception GWB would receive today if started up on such things.  Don't take me wrong, I voted for W and at the time, approved of the Iraq invasion.  I admit that and regret it.  Ravenhawk likes to point out that it wasn't a mistaken strategy to begin the war, only an error to not continue with it for 50 years or more.  I suspect he may have a small measure of wisdom there but he also should know that Americans don't DO extremely long term casualty producing occupations. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Rise up and demand his and Bush's arrest, yes.

No problem.  Just be sure that the upper echelon of Iranian, Iraqi and Palestinian leaders are in the dock as well.  No need to take Netanyahu to the ICC, just let the Israeli Left have him. 

18 hours ago, oldrover said:

Oh I hate the man, I really do. 

Alexi Sayle once said that the current PM always makes the last one look not so bad really, he predicted that it was take an invasion of alien zombies to make Thatcher look better. At the time I thought he was right, now though....

Politicians talk crap. Blair is the epitome of lying self serving politicians. A poodle in every way. But Brexit is a big move. Too big to rush. Maybe the remain camp would be better served by John Major questioning the legality of Brexit. 

it is difficult to find a respected former prime minister in any circumstances. Perhaps ol' John is the least derided of all the remaining ones, though as his only competition is gordon Brown it's a small field. 

9 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

it is difficult to find a respected former prime minister in any circumstances. Perhaps ol' John is the least derided of all the remaining ones, though as his only competition is gordon Brown it's a small field. 

although there is the little matter of his adultery and having it away with Edwina Curry while in office --- :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

although there is the little matter of his adultery and having it away with Edwina Curry while in office --- :/

i welcome immoral behaviour,. At least it shows they're human. 

16 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Politicians talk crap. Blair is the epitome of lying self serving politicians. A poodle in every way. But Brexit is a big move. Too big to rush. Maybe the remain camp would be better served by John Major questioning the legality of Brexit. 

see my last post above --- I expect Norma would prefer him to keep his head down below the parapet 
in case all the Edwina stuff is raked up again --- 

I know he did his Northern Ireland thing with Blair before the referendum but that was a bit more low key
than calling for an uprising and revolution against a democratic decision --- 

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

i welcome immoral behaviour,. At least it shows they're human. 

well Major certainly surprised a lot of people who had him down as the 'Grey Man' ---

turned out he was more 50 shades of Grey --

Poor Norma

• Like 1

Pants

• Like 1

Why can't Blair and his cronies just go away and leave planet earth alone...havn't they done enough damage to the planet.

Maybe they need to give him back his job as middleeast peace envoy.  I think theres a few loose ends that need sorting out there, and it would keep him from harassing us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Torchwood said:

Why can't Blair and his cronies just go away and leave planet earth alone...havn't they done enough damage to the planet.

Maybe they need to give him back his job as middleeast peace envoy.  I think theres a few loose ends that need sorting out there, and it would keep him from harassing us.

I know --- let's all club together and buy him a ticket to Iraq and he can go to the streets of Mosul to help get rid of the
Islamic State that he was a big part in helping to spread -

• Like 2

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:10 AM, Captain Risky said:

Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up' against Brexit

Tony Blair is to announce his "mission" to persuade Britons' to "rise up" and change their minds on Brexit.

The former prime minister will say in a speech later that people voted in the referendum "without knowledge of the true terms of Brexit".

He will say he wants to "build support for finding a way out from the present rush over the cliff's edge".

But former Cabinet minister Iain Duncan Smith said Mr Blair's comments were arrogant and utterly undemocratic.

Downing Street has said it is "absolutely committed" to seeing Brexit through.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38996179

Why is that fool trying to destabilize our country?

Lock him up, incitement is illegal here.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 3

I love the term 'Rise up', isn't that what the people did and got their referendum and voted out. 

Another clueless remoaner who hasn't a clue what has happened.  

• Like 5

21 hours ago, skookum said:

I love the term 'Rise up', isn't that what the people did and got their referendum and voted out. 

Another clueless remoaner who hasn't a clue what has happened.  

Remember when Blair was in the running for future President of the EU, maybe he still thinks that position is open and he's laying the ground work with Juncker finished in 2020. Blair the quisling.

• Like 2