Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Eldorado

30000 Excess Deaths

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Researchers exploring why there has been a substantial increase in mortality in England and Wales in 2015 conclude that failures in the health and social care system linked to disinvestment are likely to be the main cause.

There were 30,000 excess deaths in 2015, representing the largest increase in deaths in the post-war period. The excess deaths, which included a large spike in January that year, were largely in the older population who are most dependent on health and social care.

Reporting their analysis in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, the researchers from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford and Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, tested four possible explanations for the January 2015 spike in mortality.
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-02/s-nal021517.php

 http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/social-care-cuts-linked-to-30-000-excess-deaths-mnwlq3l22  (You need a subscription to read the full article at The Times)

How Britain saves money.  *throws up*

Edited by Eldorado
7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The former health care reform in the USA made provisions for :blink: death panels.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that report was for 2015.  

For this year it is quite likely to be higher due to further appalling NHS cutbacks (to hospital beds) - now at prolonged crisis level - and in social care (leading to operation cancellations due to not being able to discharge the elderly because of insufficient/staff shortages in social care)..... 

Oh and it's not just the elderly now that comes under excess deaths, thousands of lives are lost in the UK now due to exceeding the permitted air pollution levels780422031.gif

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/feb/15/european-commission-issues-final-warning-to-uk-over-air-pollution-breaches

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone that does not live in the UK I have to ask does this have anything to do with taking too many refugees and allowing in too many migrants.  I know here the illegals cost us a lot when it comes to healthcare.  Obama even took money from other programs that helps citizens to pay for them.

Federal Agency Cutting Funds for Cancer Research and Medicare, to Aid Illegal Alien Minors

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

As someone that does not live in the UK I have to ask does this have anything to do with taking too many refugees and allowing in too many migrants.  I know here the illegals cost us a lot when it comes to healthcare.  Obama even took money from other programs that helps citizens to pay for them.

Federal Agency Cutting Funds for Cancer Research and Medicare, to Aid Illegal Alien Minors

No nothing to do with this at all.  It's about government cutbacks to the NHS (with severe/lethal consequences) and not honouring legal air pollution limitations.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

As someone that does not live in the UK I have to ask does this have anything to do with taking too many refugees and allowing in too many migrants.  I know here the illegals cost us a lot when it comes to healthcare.  Obama even took money from other programs that helps citizens to pay for them.

 

Just like in the US, it depends on what newspaper you read and what News show you watch.

Red: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/11/immigrants-nhs-crisis-underfunding-social-care-hospitals

Blue: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10503178/Migrants-cost-up-to-8k-each-in-NHS-care-schools-and-welfare.html

Our Blue is your Red.

Edited by Eldorado
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
11 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Researchers exploring why there has been a substantial increase in mortality in England and Wales in 2015 conclude that failures in the health and social care system linked to disinvestment are likely to be the main cause.

There were 30,000 excess deaths in 2015, representing the largest increase in deaths in the post-war period. The excess deaths, which included a large spike in January that year, were largely in the older population who are most dependent on health and social care.

Reporting their analysis in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, the researchers from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford and Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, tested four possible explanations for the January 2015 spike in mortality.
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-02/s-nal021517.php

 http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/social-care-cuts-linked-to-30-000-excess-deaths-mnwlq3l22  (You need a subscription to read the full article at The Times)

How Britain saves money.  *throws up*

 

Why does this researches findings stop short of actually saying its due to funding and uses the word 'likely'

This crisis in social care has been going on for over a decade. and the problems go much further.

The NHS is being abused from all angles because its free and seen as a cash cow, one only has to watch the numerous fly-on the wall documentaries.

Since the formation of NHS in 1948, money, money and more money has been ploughed in to it. its clearly not the solution otherwise we'd have solved it.

NHS In real terms the budget has increased from £75.822 billion in 2005/06 to £117.229 billion in 2015/16 to £120.151bn by 2019/20.

NHS is treating 1 million patients every 36 hours.

NHS is treating 2 million more people annually than three years ago.

If I/we where in the Governments shoes, you get the head, THE HEAD of NHS England into a meeting, you ask him how much the NHS needs. he tells you it needs £8billion out till 2020/21 and then within 12 months he's announcing the money is not enough and he needs more. you'd be a little more than miffed.

Even if we was to increase taxation by a penny in the pound it still wouldn't be enough, and no matter the amount of money it would always need more and more, a perfect example was locally, the local NHS trust was paying £2.99 (per) for post-op dressings, and a neighbouring trust was paying £11.49. How can they be purchasing the same product but made by different manufactures but for the same National Health Service and the price difference be so drastic and this must be happening up and down the land.

The NHS needs a crack team of people who can get this mess sorted out, firstly by banning political parties from using the NHS as a political football. every single time the Labour party are on the back foot a NHS crisis conveniently pops up. 

Graph showing how NHS budget is increasing in England

 

 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@stevewinn  So you have fallen for the hype.  Yeah you can roll out (and believe) the figures/statistics or you can go and see for yourself, i.e. visit an A & E section of a hospital. Have you been to one recently?

IN REAL TERMS, hospital beds have been reduced.  No mention of that in your post is there?  I have frequented hospitals recently (with my mother) and can see first hand the appalling situation.   Everyone knows, e.g. the staff there, that the NHS is being deliberately run down to pave the way in making it attractive for privatisation. 

IN REAL TERMS, the UK is currently experiencing severe UNPRECEDENTED cutbacks in staff attending to social care hence why the elderly are not being able to be discharged from hospital, leading to a backlog situation e.g. with operations cancelled.

http://news.sky.com/story/report-social-care-for-the-elderly-faces-total-collapse-10769879

 

 

Edited by sees
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I can't speak for British or American hospitals, without first doing an awful lot of research, so I'm going to speak for our small town hospital the government here is trying to cut back beds on.

Our hospital service is appalling. Medical stories I have been personally involved in in the last 5 years include at least 4 serious cardio cases where the medicines issues where out of date. One heart attack patient sent home, while another patient was kept in and told he had had the heart attack. And it took us almost 2 weeks to get out sons broken arm in plaster because they don't like to run the x-ray machine, it costs too much money.

And yet the staff who work there are amazing.

Over the past 10 years the rural hospitals have gone from one government audit a year to six. These all cost money and lots of staff time. A bureaucratic drain on the medical profession.

Politics and politicians are a lot more responsible for the loss of money than the hospitals themselves. That and hospitals are top heavy with CEO's being paid rediculous amounts while working, on the floor, hospital staff work rediculously hard.

Edited by Kismit
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder if the government has a secret agenda to cull the baby boomers and save on pension funds.

But then I'm incredibly cynical by nature.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, sees said:

@stevewinn  So you have fallen for the hype.  Yeah you can roll out (and believe) the figures/statistics or you can go and see for yourself, i.e. visit an A & E section of a hospital. Have you been to one recently?

IN REAL TERMS, hospital beds have been reduced.  No mention of that in your post is there?  I have frequented hospitals recently (with my mother) and can see first hand the appalling situation.   Everyone knows, e.g. the staff there, that the NHS is being deliberately run down to pave the way in making it attractive for privatisation. 

IN REAL TERMS, the UK is currently experiencing severe UNPRECEDENTED cutbacks in staff attending to social care hence why the elderly are not being able to be discharged from hospital, leading to a backlog situation e.g. with operations cancelled.

http://news.sky.com/story/report-social-care-for-the-elderly-faces-total-collapse-10769879

 

 

You've fall for the hype, like i said in my first post social care as been a problem for the best part of a decade. its not new. but a fuss is being kick up now.

When my Dad was rushed into hospital in 2006 he and another patient where on a trolley and wheeled into a bloody cleaners room or as my dad called it the aunt sally room. whats your point. its still the same crap service it was then and is now.

Its clear more money has been put into the NHS i quoted NHS England. and if that wasn't enough have a look at your personal annual tax summary from HM Revenue and Customs. it explains exactly how much of your persoanl tax was spent, and on what, my personal summary tells me my tax on NHS/Health. two years ago was £1,389 pounds the last summary i got earning roughly the same amount rose to £2,298 on the NHS. £909 pounds more to the NHS. and that's everyone who pays tax. So where as all that money gone?

Lets all go to A&E on a Friday and Saturday night and see the NHS being abused. from the staff being attacked to those injured through drink and/or Drugs.

By all means throw money at the NHS it wont fix it. £42 Billion increase over 10 years and we are still talking about the same problems. regardless of the Government in office. 

Its a complete joke, from GP's being private, (self employed) its like when they phone you up every year for your flu jab, did you know the NHS has to pay your Doctor £7.70 for every vaccination they carry out, did you also know every GP surgery receives £80 a year for every patient on their books regardless if that patient visits the surgery or not. and that's before we move onto NHS Doctors/consultants who are NHS trained and do half a day in a NHS Hospital and then half day in a Private Hospital. - what about the drugs that are bought all from private firms. what was it 2% privatisation under the Tories 6% under a Labour Government and that's before we start with the PFI's which have saddled NHS Hospitals with billions of pounds worth of debt. costing £3,700 pounds a minute.

Its a complete joke, the argument your putting as been done to death since 1952 the NHS's first financial crisis. and the same argument has never solved it in any subsequent year since and wont solve it in 2017 or beyond.

Its like when the argument is made about how good our health care system is, when 80% of the population have never experienced any different. - i remember when my cousin had skiing accident in Switzerland had health insurance, was put in a room that was like staying at the Hilton, own room fresh flowers, own TV, dedicated nurse, food like Michelin star  - compared to my dads stay in hospital a ward of 16 people, food so crap a dog would turn its nose up, he ordered a omelette one day, and being weak he dropped a bit, it took a few minutes for it to stop bouncing, it was like rubber me being me thinking the hospital is clean i picked up the egg got some of that hand gel to wipe the floor with a paper towel and the floor which looked clean was rotten, the paper towel was black. okay they saved my dads life but lets not emotion get the better of us. the NHS is brilliant as a free service, and we give thanks to that, but if you want it to remain free you will have to put up with what we have since the 50's.

Edited by stevewinn
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I can't speak for British or American hospitals, without first doing an awful lot of research, so I'm going to speak for our small town hospital the government here is trying to cut back beds on.

Our hospital service is appalling. Medical stories I have been personally involved in in the last 5 years include at least 4 serious cardio cases where the medicines issues where out of date. One heart attack patient sent home, while another patient was kept in and told he had had the heart attack. And it took us almost 2 weeks to get out sons broken arm in plaster because they don't like to run the x-ray machine, it costs too much money.

And yet the staff who work there are amazing.

Over the past 10 years the rural hospitals have gone from one government audit a year to six. These all cost money and lots of staff time. A bureaucratic drain on the medical profession.

Politics and politicians are a lot more responsible for the loss of money than the hospitals themselves. That and hospitals are top heavy with CEO's being paid rediculous amounts while working, on the floor, hospital staff work rediculously hard.

Do you have to have Health insurance or is the Health Service Free in New Zealand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@stevewinn  Clearly you either didn't read or maybe didn't believe the link in my previous post.   The social care is on the verge of collapsing now!!!

My point is that what you experienced with your dad is now x 10!!!!  Worse!  Much, much worse!   It's a question of degree/scale. 

There is a shortage of doctors and UK nurses now due to the intolerable stress levels e.g. overworked/longer hours and poor pay.

Edited by sees
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The health service in New Zealand is a mix of funded and unfunded treatments.

Emergency service care for things like accidents are covered by the acc. A government agency tax payer funded to rehabilitate people back to work.

However disease care is personally funded either through health insurance or out of your pocket. Some medicines are funded, some are not. The government gets to choose, which is quite dodgy.

I require antihistamines to help me breath, partially funded only. A three month discounted script is $180.00. Extortion, because if I don't get them I can't breath. so if I want to breath it's the cheapest option.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we have medicaid for the poor but I've been told by someone on it that its hard to find a doctor that will accept it.  I've heard two dentists and one doctors office tell someone they didn't take medicaid.  I read an article not long ago that said about a third of doctors won't take medicare now which is for people 65 and over.  However most hospitals will as far as I know.  Then many peoples private insurance has such a high deductible people can't afford to use it thanks to Obamacare.  So we aren't much better off than you if you rely on the government or crappy insurance.  Most hospitals here are pretty clean though.  The ones I've been in were anyway.  You have to be well off to get sick anymore.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/02/2017 at 6:58 PM, aka CAT said:

The former health care reform in the USA made provisions for :blink: death panels.

What death panels? Could you explain please?

(I'm assuming you don't mean the term used by Sarah Palin, as that was dismissed by Republican politicians.)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sees said:

@stevewinn  Clearly you either didn't read or maybe didn't believe the link in my previous post.   The social care is on the verge of collapsing now!!!

My point is that what you experienced with your dad is now x 10!!!!  Worse!  Much, much worse!   It's a question of degree/scale. 

There is a shortage of doctors and UK nurses now due to the intolerable stress levels e.g. overworked/longer hours and poor pay.

I did read the sky news link you posted from start to finish.

The Piece quotes the charity age concern.

The new piece states. Around 1.2 million people aged 65 and over do not receive the basic care and support they need, a charity warns.

The Charity then states, Age UK estimates that an additional £4.8bn a year would ensure that every older person who currently has one or more unmet needs has access to social care.

This would rise to £5.75bn by 2020/21.

The same news piece then ends with the Governments response:

The Government is giving local authorities access to £7.6bn of new money for adult social care to help tackle the pressures of an ageing population.

"We have brought budgets together for the first time through the Better Care Fund and given the NHS an extra £10bn per year by 2020/21 to fund its own plan to build a more responsive, modern health system.

So the charity is calling for £4.8 Billion. the Government is giving £7.6 Billion. The charity is calling for £7.6Billion by 2020/21 the Government is giving £10 Billion per year by 2020/21.

Not contained in the link you posted, But you mention numbers of Doctors and nurses in your reply: in response to that.

According to NHS England. last updated November 2016. unless stated

  • in 2015, across Hospital and Community Healthcare Services (HCHS) and GP practices, the NHS employed 149,808 doctors, 314,966 qualified nursing staff and health visitors (HCHS), 25,418 midwives, 23,066 GP practice nurses, 146,792 qualified scientific, therapeutic and technical staff, 18,862 qualified ambulance staff and 30,952 managers. 
  • There were 32,467 additional doctors employed in the NHS in 2014 compared to 2004. The number has increased by an annual average of 2.5 per cent over that time.
  • There were 18,432 more NHS nurses in 2014 compared to ten years earlier. The number has increased by an annual average of 0.5 per cent over that perio

You also mention Doctors and nurses pay: 

2016 rates:

Nurses Band 1 £15,251 to Band 9 £99,437 (average is £23,245 per year)

GP The pay range £55,965 to £84,543

Doctor £36,100 and progresses to £45,750.

Speciality doctors basic salary of £37,547 to £70,018

Consultant basic salary of £76,001 to £102,465 per year, ( Consultants can also supplement their salary by working in private practice )

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/pay

https://www.rcn.org.uk/employment-and-pay/nhs-pay-scales-2016-17

related stresses.

  • The NHS deals with over 1 million patients every 36 hours.
  • In 2015/16 there were 40 per cent more operations ('procedures and interventions' as defined by Hospital Episode Statistics, excluding diagnostic testing) completed by the NHS compared to 2005/06, with an increase from 7.215m to 10.119m.
  • There were 16.252m total hospital admissions in 2015/16, 28 per cent more than a decade earlier (12.679m).
  • The total annual attendances at Accident & Emergency departments was 22.923m in 2015/16, 22 per cent higher than a decade earlier (18.759m).
  • The proportion of patients seen within 4 hours at A&E departments in 2015/16 was 87.9 per cent in major (type 1 units) and 91.9 per cent overall.
  • The total number of outpatient attendances in 2014/15 was 85.632m, an increase of 4.4 per cent on the previous year (82.060m).
  • In the 2015 calendar year, 482,120 NHS patients were admitted to independent providers for their elective inpatient care. There were 802,949 referrals made by GPs to independent providers for outpatient care during the same period.
  • There were 1.836m people in contact with specialist mental health services in 2014/15. 103,840 (5.7 per cent) spent time in hospital.
  • There were 21.034m outpatient and community contacts arranged for mental health service users in 2014/15.
  • 58,399 people were detained under the Mental Health Act in 2014/15.
  • There were 3.140m category A calls (Red 1 and Red 2) that resulted in an emergency response in 2014/15, 9.3 per cent more than the previous year (2.872m). 
  • 71.9 per cent of Red 1 ambulance calls were responded to within eight minutes in 2014/15.
  • At the end of September 2016, there were 3.703 million patients on the waiting list for treatment. 348,542 (9.4 per cent) had been waiting for longer than 18 weeks, compared to 247,388 (7.5 per cent) at the same point in 2015.
  • The number of patients waiting longer than a year for treatment declined from 20,097 in September 2011 to 214 in November 2013, before increasing again. In September 2016 the number stood at 1,181. Over the past three years, the number waiting in excess of 26 weeks has increased from 48,769 to 108,459 in September 2016.
  • 85.6 per cent of people with admitted pathways (adjusted) were treated within 18 weeks of referral in September 2015, compared to 88.3 per cent a year earlier. That was the last month for which this target was applied.
  • 90.3 per cent of people with non-admitted pathways were treated or discharged within 18 weeks of referral in September 2016, compared to 93.7 per cent a year earlier.
  • In September 2016, 77.5 per cent of service users who had completed their care pathway were seen within two weeks of referral under the new Early Intervention in Psychosis access standard.
  • At the end of September 2016, 882,312 patients were on the waiting list for a diagnostic test. Of these, 1.5 per cent had been waiting in excess of six weeks.

http://www.nhsconfed.org/resources/key-statistics-on-the-nhs

Whenever the Labour Party is on the ropes and dying on their ass in the polls their fall back position is always the NHS. - look from 2007 the same charity age UK. and when the Labour party where in Government: its 2007 but could be 2017.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/Documents/EN-GB/Campaigns/Care in Crisis - FINAL.pdf?dtrk=true

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, Ashotep said:

As someone that does not live in the UK I have to ask does this have anything to do with taking too many refugees and allowing in too many migrants.  I know here the illegals cost us a lot when it comes to healthcare.  Obama even took money from other programs that helps citizens to pay for them.

Federal Agency Cutting Funds for Cancer Research and Medicare, to Aid Illegal Alien Minors

No it doesn't. It's due to the deliberate defunding of the system and lack of support for doctors and hospitals from government.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:39 PM, stevewinn said:

Why does this researches findings stop short of actually saying its due to funding and uses the word 'likely'

Statisticians. They can't cope with saying anything's certain.

Quote

The NHS needs a crack team of people who can get this mess sorted out, firstly by banning political parties from using the NHS as a political football. every single time the Labour party are on the back foot a NHS crisis conveniently pops up. 

I agree with the first half of this. I think the second is just your bias colouring it. You could equally say that the reason the NHS is in crisis every time Labour's on the back foot is because that's when the Tories are in charge of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Setton said:

I agree with the first half of this. I think the second is just your bias colouring it. You could equally say that the reason the NHS is in crisis every time Labour's on the back foot is because that's when the Tories are in charge of it.

Or we could say every time Labour leave office they leave the economy in a worse state than what they inherited, meaning the next government has to pick up the pieces. which means cuts by the evil Tories and just as we get the economy on the right footing people get fed up with the cuts and in come labour again, Labour then borrow above what the country can afford, or use schemes just like their flagship PFI with the NHS, now costing the NHS Billions a year, but apparently their the self proclaimed party, the only party who can only be trusted with the NHS, the evil Tories want to privatise it all, but the reality is more privatisation has happened under Labour than the Tories.

In my post above i refer to the fact Social care as been on the brink of collapse for decades, the majority of that time under the Labour party. - make no mistake about it, take the NHS away from politics what does the Labour party have to offer? nothing.

and just for the record on being biased. since being eligible to vote, I've voted Labour twice, independent once and UKIP in the European Elections. im the type of voter the politicians hate, with no loyalty to any party. - i vote how i see it, and the way Labour have performed over my life time i  will likely never vote for them again, knackered the economy, mass immigration, happy to put millions on the dole, and worst of all political correctness so no-one could or dare question their policies. its no wonder they where wiped out in Scotland and England is now Tory. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Or we could say every time Labour leave office they leave the economy in a worse state than what they inherited, meaning the next government has to pick up the pieces. which means cuts by the evil Tories and just as we get the economy on the right footing people get fed up with the cuts and in come labour again, Labour then borrow above what the country can afford, or use schemes just like their flagship PFI with the NHS, now costing the NHS Billions a year, but apparently their the self proclaimed party, the only party who can only be trusted with the NHS, the evil Tories want to privatise it all, but the reality is more privatisation has happened under Labour than the Tories.

In my post above i refer to the fact Social care as been on the brink of collapse for decades, the majority of that time under the Labour party. - make no mistake about it, take the NHS away from politics what does the Labour party have to offer? nothing.

and just for the record on being biased. since being eligible to vote, I've voted Labour twice, independent once and UKIP in the European Elections. im the type of voter the politicians hate, with no loyalty to any party. - i vote how i see it, and the way Labour have performed over my life time i  will likely never vote for them again, knackered the economy, mass immigration, happy to put millions on the dole, and worst of all political correctness so no-one could or dare question their policies. its no wonder they where wiped out in Scotland and England is now Tory. 

My point is that it's far too tangled to blame it on just one party. As for bias, you've made it very clear that you swing to the right these days, regardless of past voting. I swing more to the left, which is probably why my first instinct is to pin it on Tory cuts.

For the record on the economy, if it wasn't for Brown, the global economy was be even more of a mess. As much as I hate myself for saying anything in his favour.

Personally, I think the NHS (and education as it happens) should be taken out of government control. Leave it to the people who actually know what they're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Setton said:

My point is that it's far too tangled to blame it on just one party. As for bias, you've made it very clear that you swing to the right these days, regardless of past voting. I swing more to the left, which is probably why my first instinct is to pin it on Tory cuts.

For the record on the economy, if it wasn't for Brown, the global economy was be even more of a mess. As much as I hate myself for saying anything in his favour.

Personally, I think the NHS (and education as it happens) should be taken out of government control. Leave it to the people who actually know what they're talking about.

I agree you cannot just blame one party proving the NHS model needs changing. 

On politics I'd firmly place myself in the centre right bracket (conservatism) - i guess im proof of the adage, “If a man is not a socialist by the time he is 20, he has no heart. If he is not a conservative by the time he is 40, he has no brain.”

Gordon Brown saving the world economy. you have got to be joking. the man thought he'd abolished boom and bust. robbed 800million from the pension pot and sold 60% of our gold reserves at a record low price - because the one eyed loon announced to the world he'd be selling and on what date resulting in the price of gold dropping and he still went on to sell the gold. - an example if he hadn't sold the gold, and we sold it to day the deficit would be paid for. He couldn't save our country let alone the world.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

On politics I'd firmly place myself in the centre right bracket (conservatism) - i guess im proof of the adage, “If a man is not a socialist by the time he is 20, he has no heart. If he is not a conservative by the time he is 40, he has no brain."

Similar story here.

I was a staunch socialist in my twenties, when socialism was actually about working families and genuine issues of equality, rather than the politically correct bastardized brand we see today.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Gordon Brown saving the world economy. you have got to be joking. the man thought he'd abolished boom and bust. robbed 800million from the pension pot and sold 60% of our gold reserves at a record low price - because the one eyed loon announced to the world he'd be selling and on what date resulting in the price of gold dropping and he still went on to sell the gold. - an example if he hadn't sold the gold, and we sold it to day the deficit would be paid for. He couldn't save our country let alone the world.

It was his plan that was implemented around the world to address the crisis. Don't forget, he might not have been a good prime minister but he was an economist first and foremost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There were 30,000 excess deaths in 2015, representing the largest increase in deaths in the post-war period. The excess deaths, which included a large spike in January that year, were largely in the older population who are most dependent on health and social care.

Are you all agreed the above is a disgusting statistic?  In this country that subsidises the Houses of Parliament booze and food to the tune of £7M every year.

We are ruled and governed by a shower of self-serving hypocritical cowardly trash.

Edited by Eldorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'If you're not dying, go home', overwhelmed A&E staff tell waiting patients over tannoy.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/12167168/Go-home-if-you-are-not-dying-A-and-E-staff-North-Middlesex-Hospital-tell-patients.html

Nearly 700 Scottish patients die while waiting for hospital release.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/05/nearly-700-scottish-patients-die-waiting-hospital-release/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.