Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre Encounters with Fairy Tale Creatures

rashore

Amongst the many alleged monsters, creatures, phantoms, beasts, and assorted entities within the world of the weird are often those that stand out as being particularly bizarre. These are the creatures that seem to occupy their own realm of high strangeness, lying out on the dark fringes of the unexplained in a territory inhabited by things that that defy easy classification. Surely to be counted among the denizens of this domain are the various creatures allegedly encountered all over the world that can only really be described as being actual beings from fairy tales, as if they have stepped off the page and into the real world. How can his be? Are fairy tales based on these real entities? Are they the product of fanciful imaginations? I do not intend to get too far into the how or why of such things here, but what I am going to do is present to you some damn strange cases of seemingly fairy tale beasts and beings that have wandered in from the furthest reaches of the fringes of the universe of the strange.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/02/bizarre-real-encounters-with-fairy-tale-creatures/

• Like 4

Well, that article has stories that focus on the old-style tales of malevolent little tricksters, not exactly my favorite sort. Medieval stories have always been too negative for me, the Grimm brothers were hardly alone in that.

Bit I do think that people stepping out (and then back into) the shadows isn't far fetched at all. My notion of it is people from other dimensions stepping through the 'branes (membranes) separating us from their home. I also think that it is massive and common.... when seen on a Cosmic scale.

I worked backwards from this idea; I don't like the theories of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, they were never sensible to me. I think that Dark Energy is just foolish, and Dark Matter is faulty because what they are trying to measure is the force of Gravity that penetrates into our Dimension from other Parallel Universes. I even thought I had something ground-breaking there, until I found out that a real astrophysicist had already thought of it.

And it does make sense.

So, if basic cosmic forces can bleed through, why not people too?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, AnchorSteam said:

Well, that article has stories that focus on the old-style tales of malevolent little tricksters, not exactly my favorite sort. Medieval stories have always been too negative for me, the Grimm brothers were hardly alone in that.

Bit I do think that people stepping out (and then back into) the shadows isn't far fetched at all. My notion of it is people from other dimensions stepping through the 'branes (membranes) separating us from their home. I also think that it is massive and common.... when seen on a Cosmic scale.

I worked backwards from this idea; I don't like the theories of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, they were never sensible to me. I think that Dark Energy is just foolish, and Dark Matter is faulty because what they are trying to measure is the force of Gravity that penetrates into our Dimension from other Parallel Universes. I even thought I had something ground-breaking there, until I found out that a real astrophysicist had already thought of it.

And it does make sense.

So, if basic cosmic forces can bleed through, why not people too?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I don't like the theories of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, they were never sensible to me".   They were given those labels precisely because we don't know what they are, just that they must be there for the universe to work as we observe it.     How is dark energy is foolish or dark matter faulty? 

• Like 2

I like the old fairytales, they're much darker than modern watered-down nonsense. But, there's no reason to believe any of it as anything other than folktales.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 11:20 AM, Merc14 said:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I don't like the theories of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, they were never sensible to me".   They were given those labels precisely because we don't know what they are, just that they must be there for the universe to work as we observe it.     How is dark energy is foolish or dark matter faulty? 

My bad, and I have to apologize to the OP.

Never post when buzzed.

I went WAY off on a tangent there, just totally gone-city when all I wanted to suggest was that these hidden Fey critters are so elusive because they aren't here very often, and not totally here even when they appear to be here.

I'll start a thread for Dark stuff in the right place, when I get a chance.

Sorry about that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fun stories. I've read of many areas in South America where they take gnome sightings very seriously and believe they are dangerous and evil.

Try this one at home...

Make your bed on top of 10 mattresses.

Underneath the very bottom mattress place a single pea.

If you sleep without losing a wink, you ain't no princess. ;)

7 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Underneath the very bottom mattress place a single pea.

If you sleep without losing a wink, you ain't no princess. ;)

Oh no  :o  I can't face the truth :(

• Like 1