Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Friendly Admonishment to the Left

OldNate

They don’t care about private email servers. They never cared about private email servers. They cared about drawing blood, and defeating Hillary. And they certainly aren’t going to care about Trump using a private email server. He could text Putin the nuclear codes tomorrow, accidentally copy Kim Jong-un, and then launch a warhead into Texas, and they’d find a way to rationalize it within 20 minutes. Sean Spicer would stand behind the podium in his giant suit and rave about how sharing the codes actually shows toughness, and Kellyanne Conway would grin her ghoulish grin on CNN while extolling North Korean work ethic, and then Trump would tweet about how cats are wicked and the entire political right would nod along in confused agreement.

This is so true.

• Like 4

If Obama had made every move that Trump is now making the same people that are having hysterical fits now over Trump would be praising Obama as the new messiah.

Personally both individuals make me very happy to be a libertarian.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Well I just come here to learn and grow as a person, so far I'm met with name calling and straight up denial from the facts I post. I'm starting to feel like I am not going to find someone to teach me something new or I am not going to find someone who is quite reasonable on the left.

• Like 4

Go to the people who retain a shred of humanity, make your case, and pray that there are enough of them left to tilt the balance.

I'm all for doing that. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, OldNate said:

A very good article on why all this forum battling and the desire of the Left to logic the Right into something resembling humanity is a time waster.  The dialogue has been over for a while now.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/02/liberals-stop-trying-to-own-conservatives-by-their.html

How about "gently admonishing" them that they've been taken for a ride by neoconservatives and gung-ho warmongers and sinister figures like George Soros who want to reconfigure society to suit their own ends (i.e. making themselves even more phenomenally rich), and reminding them of the sanctimonious hypocrisy of the Hollywood celeb culture that utterly despises and fears actual real poor people, while claiming to stand up for them against tyranny?

• Like 4

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

How about "gently admonishing" them that they've been taken for a ride by neoconservatives and gung-ho warmongers and sinister figures like George Soros who want to reconfigure society to suit their own ends (i.e. making themselves even more phenomenally rich), and reminding them of the sanctimonious hypocrisy of the Hollywood celeb culture that utterly despises and fears actual real poor people, while claiming to stand up for them against tyranny?

Thank you for your input, but I think the topic of this thread was already clearly defined.  Thanks for reading and participating!  :) 

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Go to the people who retain a shred of humanity, make your case, and pray that there are enough of them left to tilt the balance.

I'm all for doing that. 

Do you mean the "Democratic" party? The party of H. Clinton, and Madeline "500,000 dead Iraqi children are a price worth paying" Albright, and our ubiquitous friend George Soros? Those people who retain a shred of humanity? This is exactly what's so crazy about this left/right party allegiance business; people who identify themselves as on the Left just can't seem to see how horrible the people who claimt o represent them are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Thank you for your input, but I think the topic of this thread was already clearly defined.  Thanks for reading and participating!  :) 

Ah, "don't say anything unless you say what I want you to say".

When I stop responding to particular people on the forum, they're probably gonna have a clue why. 

• Like 1

Ah, "don't say anything unless you say what I want you to say".

Umm.. well, this was a thread directed at the Left, about the futility of pointing out the hypocrisy to the Right, so not sure what you were expecting.  I figure you'll bluster and prove my point a little more, and go away, if not provoked.  :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Umm.. well, this was a thread directed at the Left, about the futility of pointing out the hypocrisy to the Right, so not sure what you were expecting.  I figure you'll bluster and prove my point a little more, and go away, if not provoked.  :) 

As Ironic as that is.

• Like 3

So it's equally futile, as you seem to be proving, to point out the hypocrisy of the Left, because they simply close their eyes and ears to it and reply that "argument is not permitted"?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

When I stop responding to particular people on the forum, they're probably gonna have a clue why. 

The equivalent of putting one';s fingers in one's ears and going  "I can't hear you"? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OldNate said:

errrr the thread is provocative as you very well know - so don't play the innocent ... :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So it's equally futile, as you seem to be proving, to point out the hypocrisy of the Left, because they simply close their eyes and ears to it and reply that "argument is not permitted"?

Nothing is not permitted, clearly you can type all you like.  :) 

The equivalent of putting one';s fingers in one's ears and going  "I can't hear you"? 

No, more just a reallocation of efforts to a more useful end. 

Thanks again for reading and participating.  :) 

• Like 1

Just now, bee said:

errrr the thread is provocative as you very well know - so don't play the innocent ... :) 

Actually, it's meant to deescalate.  Can't help it if the angry Right gets angry, it wasn't addressed to them.  :)

2 minutes ago, OldNate said:

:) 

Thanks again for reading and participating.  :) 

It's a passive aggressive smiley face with every post thread - :) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Actually, it's meant to deescalate.  Can't help it if the angry Right gets angry, it wasn't addressed to them.  :)

lol,  unintended consequences, aren't they fun?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Just now, bee said:

It's a passive aggressive smiley face with every post thread - :) 

Nope, just a smiley to indicate that I'm not looking to fight with you guys, as this thread wasn't directed at you.  :) 

Just now, aztek said:

lol,  unintended consequences, they always happen.

I know, right...hehe...  Even my happy face is offensive, apparently.  :D 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OldNate said:

You knowingly posted an inflammatory article - don't insult us by pretending there were good intentions behind it. The entire premise is just pointing fingers at Conservatives.

• Like 4

happy face offensive????  course it is, if you happy, you do not care about struggling of minorities, in fact you are happy about it, you are racist, homophobic nazi, lol    

sorry, left joke

• The topic was locked