Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Born with a veil over the face

Reckless Rick

I am new to all of this and I might not know what I'm doing. I am in desire of hearing from people who have knowledge of being born with a veil over the face. I am one of those persons, and I desperately need to know if the expirences that I have had over the years were real or am I losing my mind and imagining things.

• Like 2

By being born with a veil over your face, do you mean a caul? En caul births are rare, but they do happen. It's no big deal, and doesn't signify anything, nor would such an occurrence affect your life experiences in any way. If you're superstitious, however, and for what it's worth, cauls were considered good luck in Medieval times.

• Like 4

I didn't know what 'born with a veil' meant from a psychic perspective so I looked it up and learned something; Born with a Veil.

13 minutes ago, Reckless Rick said:

I am new to all of this and I might not know what I'm doing. I am in desire of hearing from people who have knowledge of being born with a veil over the face. I am one of those persons, and I desperately need to know if the expirences that I have had over the years were real or am I losing my mind and imagining things.

I for one believe in the existence of many paranormal things so don't think having 'experiences' necessarily means you are losing your mind. Relax and tell us more, if you want thoughts from us.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

I first heard of a caul in an S. King book.  Creepy stuff but Claire is correct, just superstition - kind of like Trump being Russia's bud :w00t:

• Like 2

I was born with 3 nipples, only the correct 2 developed (thankfully). I was told that in ancient times this was seen as being a sign of witchcraft. I have no magical ability whatsoever...has to be just another one of these superstitions from the past.

• Like 5

I had never believed in ghosts or apparitions, nor had I noticed any type of clairvoyance or supernatural mental abilities. I am 65 years old and about 6 years ago I started having encounters with what supposedly was a ghost of a very young girl who haunted the place where I worked. Ever since there has been encounters off and on that may or may not be real. My sister told me that I was delivered by a midwife at home and she stated to my mother that, later in my life, I would have certain psychic abilities and would be able to communicate with the dead, due to the fact that I had a veil over my face. This has been very unnerving and the older I get, seems as if it brings on even more surprises.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Reckless Rick said:

I had never believed in ghosts or apparitions, nor had I noticed any type of clairvoyance or supernatural mental abilities. I am 65 years old and about 6 years ago I started having encounters with what supposedly was a ghost of a very young girl who haunted the place where I worked. Ever since there has been encounters off and on that may or may not be real. My sister told me that I was delivered by a midwife at home and she stated to my mother that, later in my life, I would have certain psychic abilities and would be able to communicate with the dead, due to the fact that I had a veil over my face. This has been very unnerving and the older I get, seems as if it brings on even more surprises.

What your sister has told you is playing on you mind and you are believing you are experience things because of it.

As for being delivered by a midwife, thousands of others have also been delivered by a midwife,  years ago thats how it was done. 

The "veil" is a caul, explained here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caul

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Reckless Rick said:

Cauls are not indicative of clairvoyance or other psychic abilities — that's all just myth and superstition. Don't let such beliefs get the best of you. Sightings can be the result of mental, physical and/or environmental influences, but it's impossible to come up with a possible explanation(s) given the little information you have provided.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2017 at 0:45 PM, Reckless Rick said:

I just stumbled across this because I to am looking for answers. I was born with a veil. I also have RH negative blood. At a young age I would see things mainly dead people(no im not making this up). It would always happen as soon as they die. As I got older I am able to see certain things. I can't explain it. Its like I can see past a certain point if I couldn't it wasn't a good sign. One time in high school the teacher came in the class and said name all the wars in order. Remind you I was in the 9th grade but as clear as day I heard someone saying it to me and I repeated it and it was right. I can go on and on. Just know you are not crazy.

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2017 at 8:59 PM, freetoroam said:

What your sister has told you is playing on you mind and you are believing you are experience things because of it.

As for being delivered by a midwife, thousands of others have also been delivered by a midwife,  years ago thats how it was done. 

I was born the same way and experienced some of the same things and I'm 54 now.

On 2/18/2017 at 8:59 PM, freetoroam said:

I was born the same way and experience some of the same things.  We have a special gift from god, even though I am a little afraid and would like more knowledge on it as well.

• Haha 1