Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Historians Rank Obama 12th Best President

Claire.

Survey: Historians rank Obama 12th best president.

Historians have ranked Barack Obama the 12th best president of all time, the highest rated since President Ronald Reagan, in a new C-SPAN survey released Friday.

Less than a month after exiting the White House, Obama received high marks from presidential historians for his pursuit of "equal justice for all" and for his commanding "moral authority," ranking third and seventh among all former presidents in each respective category. The 44th president also cracked a top 10 ranking for his "economic management" and public persuasion.

The former president's tenure earned its lowest marks for the relationship between the presidency and Congress, with bitter partisanship often stagnating the effectiveness between the two and Obama seeing his Democratic majority slip in both the House of Representatives and the Senate during his eight years in office.

Historians, however, remained mixed on whether Obama's standing so soon after leaving office was higher or lower than expected.

Read more: POLITICO

• Like 2

2017_02_17_19_47_28_1796629495.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

GAG!

58a74ba12800001f0099999c.jpg

• Like 3

Wouldn't it take sometime down the road to accurately look at how a president's policies have affected the nation? Surely George Bush couldn't have been accurately rated either so soon after leaving office since his administration was taking blame for half the country's  problems clear into 2016. Right? Presumably his ranking would fall in time if all the blame is accurate. I'm just saying historians in 100 years may look back and see things differently and more accurately since they can see long term effects well past a sitting president's term. This particular assessment seems more an exercise in fun. This should not be taken as a stopping point where Obama no longer has any responsibility for his actions. We are still suffering the effects of his social change and irresponsible encouragement of anti-police activism, racial division, victimization of everyone and everything to the point where the rioting that began as a result of his tenure early on and has yet to cease. Who knows how things play out if they don't stop destroying other people's property and physically assaulting people they disagree with politically. The full ramifications have not yet been settled.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

Obama is and was a fraud.

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Wouldn't it take sometime down the road to accurately look at how a president's policies have affected the nation? Surely George Bush couldn't have been accurately rated either so soon after leaving office since his administration was taking blame for half the country's  problems clear into 2016. Right? Presumably his ranking would fall in time if all the blame is accurate. I'm just saying historians in 100 years may look back and see things differently and more accurately since they can see long term effects well past a sitting president's term. This particular assessment seems more an exercise in fun. This should not be taken as a stopping point where Obama no longer has any responsibility for his actions. We are still suffering the effects of his social change and irresponsible encouragement of anti-police activism, racial division, victimization of everyone and everything to the point where the rioting that began as a result of his tenure early on and has yet to cease. Who knows how things play out if they don't stop destroying other people's property and physically assaulting people they disagree with politically. The full ramifications have not yet been settled.

Huge difference between historical legacy and rankings through contemporary polling.

No, it doesn't take years and years to tabulate polls taken periodically on a regular basis.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Huge difference between historical legacy and rankings through contemporary polling.

No, it doesn't take years and years to tabulate polls taken periodically on a regular basis.

Didn't everyone learn polls are fake. If they were in anyway credible Hillary would be President today with her 89 percent lead on election day.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

Didn't everyone learn polls are fake. If they were in anyway credible Hillary would be President today with her 89 percent lead on election day.

People who respond to polls might not vote. Even more likely is that polls were conducted on people who do not control the electoral college. Trump did lose the popular vote just as polls indicated. 

But it is easier to skip all that and just jump from a to z.

Now if we were polling folks on presidential legacies it is likely the man on the street couldn't even name twelves presidents to place Obama there lol

How many presidents could you rank off the top of your head if up to that challenge?

For me it would be:

Lincoln

LBJ

Wilson

Obama

Kennedy

Clinton 

FDR

Carter

Bush Sr.

Gulp..I know more names but little about them. 

Bottom rankings for me would be from worst to less worse:

Reagan

Trump

GW Bush 

Nix...N...Nero..uh

From that we can gather that as time goes on our memory gets fuzzy on who was worst in popular opinion and the more likable or neutral historical characters become. 

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

Let us not forget Cheney was president for a tiny bit...

• Like 1

For me: Best

1) JFK

I'm an equal opportunity critic regardless of party.

Carter was a weak peanut farmer with no guts.

George W. Bush was a complete idiot.

Edited by .ZZ.
added last name to Bush so not as to be confused with Washington
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Kurzweil said:

If they can do fake news then why not fake polls. Of course the news and polls are only fake when they don't favour the Donald. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

For me: Best

1) JFK

I'm an equal opportunity critic regardless of party.

Carter was a weak peanut farmer with no guts.

George W. Bush was a complete idiot.

What about Trump? Is he on par with JFK or more like GWB? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

What about Trump? Is he on par with JFK or more like GWB? 

More like Millard Filmore, or, if one works had at seeing the good side, Teddy Roosevelt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Let us not forget Cheney was president for a tiny bit...

How can anyone forget Cheney. The guy that shot a lawyer in the face and the lawyer apologised for getting in the way of Cheney's gun. 

• Like 1

These are the kinda subjects that make me believe the left are out right crazy. Like really? After all the laws broken, after all the corruption exposed, this guy makes the top 15? All while declaring Trump the worst after one month, and after doing things all presidents in our life time did. Talking about those things as though they are unheard of, and will bring about the end of the world. smh.

I'm really starting to think willful ignorance is what's really going to destroy everything.

• Like 5