Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The thread of ridiculous worries

Mark One

To prevent a similar thread from derailing into a public transport related discussion, here is a new one.  All of your crazy concerns and worries about life can be posted here.

So, what's bothering you? 

(It might be safer if you reply on a mobile device in the middle of a desert.  You don't get many buses out there,so the chances of impact are greatly reduced.)

• Like 9

When that crappy TV Soap - Eastenders - wins yet another award for the the best soap of the year...Oh I begin to shake with nervous tensions.

• Like 9

I worry that if public and civil servants ever had to pay full whack for their own lunch, pay for their own coffee and cookies while at work and pay for their own travel expenses to and from their place of work then they'd all be forced into prostitution to make ends meet.  Poor wee lambs.

• Like 9

Several years ago I had a very strange dream. It was 2018 and I saw two jets and a drone flying over the river. One jet had RAF on it! The drone delivered a nuke and I was dead instantly after a bright light. 

It made me so nervous about being attacked by an ally that I still vividly remember that dream when I hear about Trump saying to end NATO!

I know it's silly but I still get nervous from it.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 7

Am I the only bloke here who has mild suspicions about Severn Trent Water and South Oxfordshire?  Amongst the tight nit collection of villages and hamlets is a place called Midsomer.  Hasn't anyone else noticed the body count down there?  I think there is something in the water that turns the locals into homicidal maniacs...well the bods who are still alive, cant be many left nowadays.

http://www.midsomermurders.org/bodycount2.htm

• Like 3

Alien abduction (little grey proctologists), gamma ray burst (everything gone in an instant), zombie apocalypse (damn those kids they were right after all), super volcano (right in my backyard)...there's any number of ridiculous worries!

• Like 6

Merk, please forgive me, this will be my only post in this thread. If I start listing all the ridiculous things that worry me I will have a nervous breakdown.  

• Like 6

I worry that the world isn't going to end before I die.  I'd hate to miss it!

• Like 2

I also worry that ouija ouija is going to have a nervous breakdown!  :D

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

Several years ago I had a very strange dream. It was 2018 and I saw two jets and a drone flying over the river. One jet had RAF on it! The drone delivered a nuke and I was dead instantly after a bright light. 

It made me so nervous about being attacked by an ally that I still vividly remember that dream when I hear about Trump saying to end NATO!

I know it's silly but I still get nervous from it.

You say that, that's actually nearly happened to me. Well, except for the drone, and the nuclear bit, but other than that...oh, and the planes were U.S Marine Harriers nit RAF. 

I was coming home from Carmarthen when I git stuck for a stupidly long time behind a car who's driver had apparently never seen a roundabout before. After we finally got underway in the dircetion we were heading I remember seeing two jets shoot by low in the distance at a right angle to us. I said to the driver something like 'if it wasn't for that person wd'd be where those jets are now'. He agreed. 

When we dud get to the point where the planes had passed over the road, there was a mass pile up, and just to the left of the road there was a huge furrow in the field. One of the pilots had jettisoned his feul tank right over the road. No serious injuries thankfully. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Merk, please forgive me, this will be my only post in this thread. If I start listing all the ridiculous things that worry me I will have a nervous breakdown.  

*notebook & pen at the ready*

No, no Ouija please share and vent all of your secrets worries, old friend...best mate in the world..kiss,kiss.. :D

• Like 3

Salmonella recall on lettuce (as I'm eating a salad), tsunami warning issued for the east coast (I live 2 blocks from the ocean), new super flu virus kills everyone over age 60 (self explanatory)...I could go on and on here!

Uh oh...worrying about ridiculous stuff causing immediate fatal stroke!

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 5

I'm not a worrier myself. Except about electrical things, I stress about my E cig running out of power, my mobile running out, my car battery, tablet and so on. But these aren't ridiculous worries these are daily occurances. 

• Like 3

I worry that one day they'll find the bodies ....... :o

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Wales Valleys are used as a low fly training ground, that said, one of those pilots messed up if he had to jettison his fuel tanks, or was he so low he clipped a car with a tank?

Yes, but this was Carmarthenshire quite flat. Although, sadly most/all of the mountains nearer to me have at lesst one plane sticking out of the side of them. 

1 minute ago, oldrover said:

I'm not a worrier myself. Except about electrical things, I stress about my E cig running out of power, my mobile running out, my car battery, tablet and so on. But these aren't ridiculous worries these are daily occurances. 

The older e cigarettes can explode, you could worry about that LOL I have had butain lighters and an e cigarette do that.

• Like 2

Just now, White Unicorn said:

The older e cigarettes can explode, you could worry about that LOL I have had butain lighters and an e cigarette do that.

I must be honest I wouldn't I worry about them exploding, yet I make a consciius effort not to put it in my lap. 

You've had one actually explode? Bloody hell. 

• Like 2

These scare me.

32bb4ed9dd0723e98c845ec96ebd1149.jpg

An e-cig that looks like a gun which you then place in your mouth.

Edited by Merk One
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I must be honest I wouldn't I worry about them exploding, yet I make a consciius effort not to put it in my lap. 

You've had one actually explode? Bloody hell. 

It was an older rechargable e cigarette. I think the lighters exploded from quick temperature changes? 

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

It was an older rechargable e cigarette. I think the lighters exploded from quick temperature changes? 

I use a Joyetech Ego AIO Pro & its not blown itself apart yet.  *getting bothered*

• Like 2

I remember the Clippers(?) used to go up every onve in a while. Never happened to me though, not yet anyway. 

Edit:it wasn't Clipper it was Bic. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Merk One said:

These scare me.

32bb4ed9dd0723e98c845ec96ebd1149.jpg

An e-cig that looks like a gun which you then place in your mouth.

That is a little nihlistic for me. 

• Like 1

Oh hey look, someone made a thread about worries! I will have it filled in 15 minutes tops...

-I always go to the worst possible scenario when someone doesn't reply to my texts right away. 

-Often when I see someone looking at me I wonder if they are boring right down to my core, learning all my deepest secrets along the way. 

-I will not ride an escalator, even if my life was at risk. Stairs aren't suppose to move! I mean, what sort of witchcraft is this?!

-I always worry that an elevator I am in will break loose from its cables and plummet downwards.

-When I was widdle (age 4) I was always worried that raptorine birds (like Hawks) would swoop down and eat me if I was alone. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

Oh hey look, someone made a thread about worries! I will have it filled in 15 minutes tops...

-

^ ^ this made me laugh so much! :lol:

Oh, and Merk, did you notice you are currently HOT!! (well ...... not you exactly, but your thread)?

• Like 5