Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot Screams, or something else?

Dunbaraj

What do you guys think about reported Bigfoot screams? Everyone always says that, unless it's another Bigfooter guy out there howling, 'screams' are just fox and coyotes... because they sound really weird sometimes. 

Sure, fox sound bizarre, but do they really explain all accounts? They KIND of sound responsible for the screams on the Umatilla Reservation, but it sounds a little more long-winded. 

Bigfoot apparently communicate at lower volumes quite strange (see Sierra Sounds)... and I've heard some people suggest they have throat pouches or extra chambers, so of course we don't really know where to begin. The Clipper Mills  screams are fantastically creepy and the Puyallup screamers are quite intense, but what do you guys think. 

Are there other animals that make these sounds? 

27 minutes ago, Dunbaraj said:

Sure, fox sound bizarre, but do they really explain all accounts? They KIND of sound responsible for the screams on the Umatilla Reservation, but it sounds a little more long-winded. 

Yes, that sounds like a fox to me. 

29 minutes ago, Dunbaraj said:

(see Sierra Sounds).

Don't now what that is, but I've heard people make noises like that. 

30 minutes ago, Dunbaraj said:

The Clipper Mills  screams are fantastically creepy and the Puyallup screamers are quite intense, but what do you guys think. 

They just sounded like faint noises in the distance, to be honest they could have been anything, from seals to motorbikes. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Dunbaraj said:

What do you guys think about reported Bigfoot screams?

If there was a bigfoot, I would say...maybe it is. But there is no bigfoot or bigfeet.

The video is from 1972...if there had been a bigfoot, someone would have found it by now.

Attaching a mike to a branch is not the best idea - sounds could easily be distorted by the wind rustling through the branches. it could have been a number of animals. 

• Like 1

Who, and on what evidence, is it implied that Bigfoot/feets(?) communicate at lower volumes? 

Has one ever been caught? Proper studies carried out? 

This is a case of you hearing hooves and thinking zebra rather than a horse.

• Like 4

Wouldn't it be dumb to make loud noises if you are in the game of hiding?

• Like 5

On 2/19/2017 at 11:33 AM, oldrover said:

Yes, that sounds like a fox to me. 

Don't now what that is, but I've heard people make noises like that. 

They just sounded like faint noises in the distance, to be honest they could have been anything, from seals to motorbikes. 

Imagine what tourists to the local bushland think when they hear these noises ! 

• Like 3

If you live in the back country / bush you know what the sound is.  Maybe it makes you jump out of your skin because it came right up next to you by the fire and you kind of do a jump and spin almost landing on your head and everyone gets a good laugh but there's no mistaking a daring bluffing, guttsie/gutsy lead coyote sounding OFF!  I've heard 90% of calls echoing out of a steep saddle, draw or ravines, even by HORRID TERRIBLE recordings and right away in the instant I immediately say oh its out a mile and there's rock around. Period. If its excessive elevation draws or valleys then naturally its 3 to 8 miles depending on air conditions, wintertime etc. effecting the sound.  Right away, an 'expert ' , EVER SINGLE TIME, will say "oh that's a squatch mimic, squatch do that regularly, they always sound like the one odd ball lead coyote, Lynx, BOBCAT and fox."  For years biologists and more than half the people that made their living(Land company employees, Lumber Co. and Loggers) in the deep forests had no clue and wouldn't believe mountain lions kind of chirp or sound like a creek dipper bird when communicating to each other(aside from their scream).  Then overnight AFTER VIDEOS AND FILM, oh they all knew that, whoo? didn't know that!?, all of a sudden! like overnight, people are SIMPLY! amazing.   I've no patience with so called experts, they should try living out there for a while not just spewing platitudes from the desk and armchair at home.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Indeed Woos !

Some guy went , " Yowies communicate by bashing a rock against a tree ."  - does so .  The across the valley the knocks come back 

"See!  They are answering me ! " 

Me ;  " That,  or either ...  some other Yowie hunter is on the other side thinking and doing the same thing ."   :) 

• Like 2