Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mattress vibratex

Jane watling

I'm not a great sleeper, years of odd scheduling, nights, evenings, double shifts, returning to work with less than 8 hours off, 12 hour shifts, etc.  I sleep pretty lightly.  Been known to shout, talk, scream, move around during sleep, have, in fact, awoken myself talking or screaming.  Since living here, I've been aware of slight vibrations in my bed now and then, worse during day.  Night sometimes totally without sensations.  I thought it was traffic in my neighborhood.   Live within 1/2 mile of well used freeway and bridges.  Acquired a sleep number bed about a month ago and now have the subtle vibrations all the time.  Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon? 

By the title I thought this was going to be another advert.

Maybe you should alter the title of your thread.

And I suggest you get a new mattress. If the one you have has springs, then you could very well feel vibrations if you live near a busy freeway and a bridge. It could also have something to do with the building you live in. What floor are you on? is it an apartment? how many others live there? 

can you give us some description on what you live in?

9 minutes ago, Jane watling said:

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon

Not sure I would go that far to call it a phenomenon.

• Like 3

' Vibratex  '      ?  :huh:

I thought the same,   but then    .......  ohhhhhh   !  ....           Vibrates  !     :D  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jane watling said:

I'm not a great sleeper, years of odd scheduling, nights, evenings, double shifts, returning to work with less than 8 hours off, 12 hour shifts, etc.

I sleep pretty lightly.  Been known to shout, talk, scream, move around during sleep, have, in fact, awoken myself talking or screaming.

Yikes !  Well, no wonder , seeings as what you wrote in your first paragraph . 

I suggest a bit of 

Related image

Since living here, I've been aware of slight vibrations in my bed now and then, worse during day.  Night sometimes totally without sensations.  I thought it was traffic in my neighborhood.   Live within 1/2 mile of well used freeway and bridges.

That could be it !  I know when I  crash out, I am a heavy sleeper, but when I have restless night any faint little 'disturbance' seems to be the thing that is keeping me awake and annoying me . 

Some nights , I can even hear  trucks going up the mountain 15km away !  

One night in a wind storm I had two large trees come down and land within inches of my cabin ...... never woke up until dawn ! 

Acquired a sleep number bed about a month ago and now have the subtle vibrations all the time.  Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon? 

Yes, as I said above . Also , as strange as it seems , it can depend on local geology .     Maybe a latex mattress ? 

.... or a blow up circular  'mattress ' and a drink ,   far  far  away from it all . 

46 minutes ago, Jane watling said:

I'm not a great sleeper, years of odd scheduling, nights, evenings, double shifts, returning to work with less than 8 hours off, 12 hour shifts, etc.  I sleep pretty lightly.  Been known to shout, talk, scream, move around during sleep, have, in fact, awoken myself talking or screaming.  Since living here, I've been aware of slight vibrations in my bed now and then, worse during day.  Night sometimes totally without sensations.  I thought it was traffic in my neighborhood.   Live within 1/2 mile of well used freeway and bridges.  Acquired a sleep number bed about a month ago and now have the subtle vibrations all the time.  Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon? 

Vibratex might really help you sleep.

See http://vibratex.com/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, back to earth said:

' Vibratex  '      ?  :huh:

I thought the same,   but then    .......  ohhhhhh   !  ....           Vibrates  !     :D  

I  am still not sure how she got vibratex in the title instead  of vibrates....maybe the vibratex is what is making the mattress vibrate....i am no mechanic, but this could be a battery problem.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I  am still not sure how she got vibratex in the title instead  of vibrates....maybe the vibratex is what is making the mattress vibrate....i am no mechanic, but this could be a battery problem.

yes, I did explain that about the keyboard and the x being close to the  s 

but .... for some strange reason .....  my post  clearing things up seems to have been removed    ???    :rolleyes:

< better read this one very quickly ... or the unexplained mystery may well remain unexplained ;) 

• Like 2

Talk to your doctor. There are medical conditions that can cause a vibrating sensation. You may just notice it when you're not moving about.

6 hours ago, back to earth said:

7 hours ago, freetoroam said:

yes, I did explain that about the keyboard and the x being close to the  s 

Oh yeah.

funny how the slip of the finger can give a whole new meaning to things.

I get the same thing every time I take a nap during the day. Doesn't matter where I am, it always happens. Really strange feeling.